BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

05-24-2016, 08:55 PM   #23
mamafufu
Newest Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12

BMW service came back and said they couldn't duplicate the audio issue, nothing showed up wrong from the diagnostic and there is no service bulletin for the same or similar audio issue. And, for sure, I experienced the same audio issue on my way home from service. Not sure what to do next.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 08:23 AM   #24
Sarnico45
Italy
Rep
Drives: 740ld xdrive

After the ampli replace, my audio is perfect (tested on a 2.000 km trip)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 09:25 AM   #25
figgie
Private
Rep
Drives: CTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafufu View Post
BMW service came back and said they couldn't duplicate the audio issue, nothing showed up wrong from the diagnostic and there is no service bulletin for the same or similar audio issue. And, for sure, I experienced the same audio issue on my way home from service. Not sure what to do next.

did you give them a step by step on how to replicate the issue?

ie. start car, make sure that the display key is the key starting car, turn A/C on. Let usb flash drive load, load song A from album B.

If it is that reproducible, it can be done at any given time on command
if it is intermittent that makes it harder to troubleshoot.

(I used to be a product tester for Alpha's and dev platform for Best buy exclusive brands).
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 08:05 PM   #26
mamafufu
Newest Member
United_States
Rep

It is intermittent but I have a better feel on when it would likely to happen. I suspect it has something to do with when the engine was last turned off. The shorter it was (i.e. a few hours) the more likely it issue would occur. This explains why my morning commutes are usually fine but not during lunch or my afternoon commutes.

I took the car back to service again today and was able to duplicate the issue with the Service Advisor in the car this time around. Let's see what they are going to do now given my bad experience from my last service visit for the same issue. I don't think I will give them back the loaner (a base 750i xDrive) this time until they have mine fixed.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 11:19 AM   #27
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

BMW just needs to replace the amps if that's what the problem has proven to be. I just had my car in for service (see this thread: http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1271950 ) and mentioned the popping sound. They said they'd have the technician listen for it when they drove my car (checking other issues I reported). Unfortunately they couldn't reproduce the problem.

Sure enough, exactly one day after picking up my car, the sound happened again (intermittently, of course). I don't think I'm ever going to be able to reproduce it for the technicians. I don't even understand how the original poster of this thread was able to record it. I'd have to leave a recorder going for HOURS to catch one of these interrupts. Very frustrating, but in the scheme of things, a minor problem.

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 04:08 PM   #28
mamafufu
Newest Member
United_States
Rep

After a few more visits to Service I finally have my car back this morning and the audio issue appears to be fixed. The repair ticket said the amplifier was replaced and mentioned PUMA 62740844 and 62758616. Hope this repair indeed fixed the issue for good. It has been an annoying issue since day 1 back in April. And hope this is an isolated case and you don't run into the same issue with your Bowers and Wilkins sound system.
Appreciate 0