BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

02-27-2024, 01:36 AM   #1
Sgreenfly
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 730D M sport

Creating a pass through from boot area for skis in 2011 730D

Hi guys,

Just hoping someone can point me in the right direction for creating a pass through in the rear seat liner on my 7 series (2011 730D M sport)?
I’ve been on YouTube , google etc and having no joy, but not sure I’m wording it correctly?
I’m driving to France next Xmas for a family ski trip and didn’t want to put a roof rack or a box on top of the car. Mrs and myself will be taking our skis, but the rear seats don’t drop down. I can see in the rear arm rest when it’s down that there’s a plastic panel separating the seats and the boot. In the boot against the seats is a full liner. Has anyone ever experienced creating the pass through and taking out the plastic panel and making some type of opening in the boot liner ? Or can point me in the right direction as to where I’d get the info ? I’ve obviously got plenty of time to get it done (if in fact it is possible?) but would like to get it boxed off sooner rather than later.
Thanks in advance, Simon
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 05:51 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

There is an oe ski bag that was optional…you can see it in the diagram below along with its BMW part number. The bag that holds the skis to prevent any melting snow/water/moisture etc from getting on the upholstery inside the cabin…folds up inside the box. When done and the bag is dry, you can scrunch it back up into the box and fold everything back into the rear armrest.

The ski bag replaces items #12 & #13 in the middle diagram for cars that didn’t come with the ski bag. But you’ll also have to cut through the partition between the trunk and cabin (see item #14 in the bottom diagram). You’ll have to cut through the area that is circled in blue.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 10:19 AM   #3
Sgreenfly
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 730D M sport

That’s brilliant, thank you very much
Appreciate 0