BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

07-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #23
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
9 series for that..
That has to be the most ridiculous statement ever. I guess by your logic when Merc releases the 2022 S class BMW should build an 11 series to compete with that. Rubbish.

There is no reason why BMW cannot equal or surpass what Mercedes have done with their new S class. It is this sort of eletist Mercedes way of thinking that's going to be obliterated with the debut of the carbon fiber 7 series! Can't wait for ///M770i and ///M7 to crush the S63 and 65 respectively.

If the full individual interior of the BMW 6 series is anything to go by compared to the CLS which came out a year before the 6er, the G11 will have an even better interior than the new S class. Unless of course BMW decide to cheap out like they did with the F30 3 series.
Please read what Scott posted and search for what BMW unveiled at Beijing.
      07-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #24
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Looks like the sway bar will be a customer installable option.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #25
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
Please read what Scott posted and search for what BMW unveiled at Beijing.
They are building global feedback for this proposal and so far the results are very,very good.
Attached Images

07-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #26
Oaktree
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 - 2010 M3 - 1999 M3

Ditto on interior and its not the quality of the materials, it's the layout that will lead me to believe the interior isn't taking a major step forward. For starters is the iDrive screen...ugghhh, same damn thing and location as the current 3. They need to start innovating because imo the average buyer of this car isn't going to get that excited that the car is 500lbs lighter than the previous generation.

*that above is hot and what it should look like, inside and out
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #27
windStruQ
Jon Nguyen
Canada
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 328i & '13 F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diec View Post
Those taillights doe :/
all testing vehicles have those tail lights. it will never actually look like that, so don't worry.

welcome to the forum, i can see you're new =]
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #28
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
That shifter is huge!
      07-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #29
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

The new s class interior is about as ugly as 80s cadillacs. That car is and should be made for a different crowd/customer than a 7. No one under 60 should drive an s class. EVER!
      07-14-2014, 03:55 PM   #30
B///MWGuy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i

Garage List
That instrument cluster. Is very very similar to the "Vision Future Luxury" concept vehicle we saw few months ago. (Circular blades around the Speedometer and Rev meter)

And that "pulled out" center dash & air condition vents kinda represents the concept. There is a pretty good chance they might follow the concept. But we'll see...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #31
needabeemer
Banned
Rep
Drives: ???

lol the new C-class has a better interior than this and its 1/3rd the price. whata joke. dont even get me started on the S-class. what happened to bmw? all their cars look like they were designed before 2009, even their latest ones.

oh and scott has been defending these type of pictures for a while now, but i promise you the "finished" result wont look much different at all. i remember when the 4 series was supposed to be "85% identical to the concept 4er" and, well, yea...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 04:14 PM   #32
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needabeemer View Post
lol the new C-class has a better interior than this and its 1/3rd the price. whata joke. dont even get me started on the S-class. what happened to bmw? all their cars look like they were designed before 2009, even their latest ones.

oh and scott has been defending these type of pictures for a while now, but i promise you the "finished" result wont look much different at all. i remember when the 4 series was supposed to be "85% identical to the concept 4er" and, well, yea...
I defend them because there is no need to criticise at this point because you do not know the outcome and are making judgement on vehicles that are testing , where their focus is purely on other things rather than detail and fit and finish.
The more comments , its ugly , its cheap when a car is in this stage of development only proves how stupid people are.

The 4er was around 95% the concept , bar some concept car detailing it is exactly what is on the road today.
      07-14-2014, 04:21 PM   #33
needabeemer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I defend them because there is no need to criticise at this point because you do not know the outcome and are making judgement on vehicles that are testing , where their focus is purely on other things rather than detail and fit and finish.
The more comments , its ugly , its cheap when a car is in this stage of development only proves how stupid people are.

The 4er was around 95% the concept , bar some concept car detailing it is exactly what is on the road today.
well i apologize then but i truly hope that the finished version of the 7 series interior is VERY different from this. this looks like it belongs on a 3 or 5 series which we have been seeing for many years now.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 05:50 PM   #34
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

I hope the three "easy buttons" make it to the production model!

GTS
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 06:23 PM   #35
Cuz5150
Major
Rep
Drives: 06-M3ZHP/04-M3 Vert/02Duc998

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Looks like the sway bar will be a customer installable option.
^^^Hahahahah^^^^

I was thinking the same thing......
Sway bar dealership installed option....
06-M3 Coupe-Mystic/Black/6MT/ZCP/Xenon/HK/
09-135i- AW/Bk-Lette/6MT/M-pac/Nav/Hi-Fi/Usb-Ipod/SOLD
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #36
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ?????

wtf!

all the interiors look the same.

this is not ground breaking anymore.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #37
crooked I
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
This is not the full interior. This is a mis-match of existing BMW interior parts standing in for final detail and finish. We still have under a year to go.

can we please have this in bold and size 7 like above in the first post so we don't get more idiots saying shit like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markao66 View Post
i own a 14' S550 and i have to say im not impressed with the 7 series at all.
it still has the same look from the previous model ( which i traded in for my s class )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
The interior just look like every other BMW. The new S-class is just in a different league now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Fox View Post
Having seen the new S class last week, and thoroughly enjoying the interior appointments and refined electronics... I can say with some disappointment that the new 7 series does not seem to be in the same class as the S class. Not very impressive so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 949 View Post
wtf!

all the interiors look the same.

this is not ground breaking anymore.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #38
Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C2S/ 2013 335is E93

Garage List
I understand this is a pre-production model, and I understand there is still work to be done. I also should emphasize that I am *not* an engineer or an automotive designer, so I am not qualified to state how much change can be allotted in the next year.

However, it is my personal opinion that whether its pre-production or not, judging by these pictures it does not appear the 7 series will have a groundbreaking interior. I do not see how there could be so much massive change within a year, especially since a car like this I imagine is built from the inside out. The customers in this segment don't care about weight savings or space age chassis refinements; they want toys, plush luxuries, and a sense of class. I really do hope the 7 series knocks it out of the ball park, because every previous generation I've preferred to the S class. All I can say with absolute certainty, is that BMW has a very difficult uphill battle to compete with Mercedes' flagship.
      07-14-2014, 09:32 PM   #39
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

That shifter was made by Lelo.

Google it. NSFW
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 09:48 PM   #40
needabeemer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Fox View Post
I understand this is a pre-production model, and I understand there is still work to be done. I also should emphasize that I am *not* an engineer or an automotive designer, so I am not qualified to state how much change can be allotted in the next year.

However, it is my personal opinion that whether its pre-production or not, judging by these pictures it does not appear the 7 series will have a groundbreaking interior. I do not see how there could be so much massive change within a year, especially since a car like this I imagine is built from the inside out. The customers in this segment don't care about weight savings or space age chassis refinements; they want toys, plush luxuries, and a sense of class. I really do hope the 7 series knocks it out of the ball park, because every previous generation I've preferred to the S class. All I can say with absolute certainty, is that BMW has a very difficult uphill battle to compete with Mercedes' flagship.
you are 100% spot on which is why i said that the 2015 C class has a far better interior than this car which is 3x the price. you are also 100% right that not much will change. when people from bmw say "this is a pre-production model" and that the finished product will be much different, what they mean is that the materials used will be different. the arm rest might have higher quality leather, the air vents might be aluminum, etc. but the general overall layout of the car will remain exactly the same. ive been a lurker on these boards for a few years now and ive seen the same lies said about cars ranging back to the 6 series. trust me, this is 90% of what the finished product will look like, and it doesnt come close to the S-class or even a 2015 C-class. if my post gets deleted or something then you will know that im right. bmw needs to really step it up because their current generation of cars were very lack luster and it looks like the next gen will be too.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #41
kinimod
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911 GT3

Design is subjective. Although bold, the new Mercedes S and C to me are very ugly.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 10:05 PM   #42
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

IPad in the dash. Fail. Dont they listen to the magazine reviews?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 12:59 AM   #43
x5love
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

has no one else noticed what's happening with the hood?

the hood line goes all the way to the grill.

again.

FINALLY!

No more huge hood line standing out on the front of the car.

HURRAY!!!
      07-15-2014, 02:45 AM   #44
saurabh_turingMS
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M AW (F10 520D MSport - gone)

I agree with the overwhelming sentiments, new S-class has taken interior design to a new level.
Let's hope BMW is listening and that Scott spot on with this being sort of a 6er interior fitout for prototypes purposes.
G11 needs to move things on from current design & aesthetics not just CFRP materials. The i8 gives some hope
Appreciate 0