BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

12-30-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Long wheel base and front passenger massage seat

Thinking I might change my M5 in for a M760Li. The dealer has 2 of them and both have the rear lounge package with the foot rest for one of the rear passengers. I don't plan on ordering that and would like to keep the option of the fifth rear seat as occasionally for short journeys it might get used.

Anyway I've noticed on both of these cars there is no massage feature for the front passenger. The button is missing, it's just not there.

Does having the fold down foot rest for the rear passenger remove this? I'm thinking the motors to run that inside the seat means the massage function is removed.

The wife won't be happy if me and the kids have massage seats and she doesn't.

Last edited by FastLaneJB; 12-30-2017 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2017, 10:02 PM   #2
NewsomBlair
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 740i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Thinking I might change my M5 in for a M760Li. The dealer has 2 of them and both have the rear lounge package with the foot rest for one of the rear passengers. I don't plan on ordering that and would like to keep the option of the fifth rear seat as occasionally for short journeys it might get used.

Anyway I've noticed on both of these cars there is no massage feature for the front passenger. The button is missing, it's just not there.

Does having the fold down foot rest for the rear passenger remove this? I'm thinking the motors to run that inside the seat means the massage function is removed.

I have a 740i with massage, heating, and ventilation for all 4 seats...and it's wonderful! I don't have the rear package with the footrest.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 05:41 AM   #3
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:

I think (but don't know for sure) you are correct. When I spec up a 760Li on the configuration page, the following note is in the details for the front comfort seats IF you select the exec lounge package:

"Please note that in combination with Executive Lounge, front Comfort seat functionality restrictions apply, for more information please contact your local BMW Retailer."

I'll have a look in my user manual but as these tend to be VIN specific, they may not mention the changes in the seats if the exec lounge (and therefore associated electric footrest) is chosen. I'll post again if I do find anything about the restrictions. You may find that even some of the seat adjustments (for the comfort seats in front) may not function, so may affect more than the massage features...

As you've said you would prefer not taking this exec lounge option, there would be no issue with massage functionality (if you buy that option)...Obviously it would mean ordering a new car or looking at another dealer though if they don't have any without the exec lounge fitted.

HTH.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 05:51 AM   #4
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Ah well spotted on the Configurator. That sounds like it.

The car had heated seats still in that passenger seat but ventilated is an option the car as a whole didn't have but it might else end up missing that as well.

I've also managed to find a YouTube video where the passenger talks about massage seats and that M760Li didn't have the exec rear package. So I think this is solved now.

Thanks for confirming.

I'd custom order anyway as none of the ones in stock are exactly as I'd want. They all have the exec rear lounge package for instance. It's not a big deal to order when your in the UK, Germany isn't that far away.

I'd be looking for a March registration anyway as we change our plates twice a year so it would be a new 18 reg plate. I'd have a private plate of course but it has a little bit of an effect on value. Tiny at this price but hey I'm not in a rush.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 12:53 PM   #5
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:

I covered this in my delivery thread which can be found here:

http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1229434

Excerpt:

Page 48 of the Interior Equipment manual lists the limitations of the front passenger seat when the car is equipped with the Rear Executive Lounge Seating Package (captain's chair). I've included that page from the manual in the aforementioned thread. The front passenger seat loses the following:
  • Backrest width adjustment
  • Backrest upper section adjustment
  • Lumbar support
  • Height adjustment of head restraint
  • Massage function
Not such a fun place to be if you know the other three passengers are receiving massage, and are able to adjust their seats to a more comfortable position (beyond the standard up / down / fore / aft / tilt capability). They had to ditch all of the items I bulleted above to make room for the mechanism that folds the footrest downward, and the headrest and backrest forward.

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 01:34 AM   #6
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks TheBry. That’s quite a lot that’s removed from that seat then.

I’ve ordered my car without that option as I want for the odd case the 5th seat and my wife would kill me if her seat had all those limitations.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 10:51 AM   #7
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Thanks TheBry. That’s quite a lot that’s removed from that seat then.

I’ve ordered my car without that option as I want for the odd case the 5th seat and my wife would kill me if her seat had all those limitations.
Precisely why I did the same

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0