BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

05-14-2015, 05:56 PM   #45
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisaksen View Post
They can do all they want but at the end of the day, the people that want a german luxury sedan will buy one because they can.
I'm just saying it's a little bashing when you call something psuedo something that's all.

In that case, many would think BMW's are "psuedo-luxury" and are for the peasants of the world because they can't afford a Rolls Royce.

I know people who won't buy their kids BMW's because to them it's considered a piece of junk - for POOR PEOPLE.

It's just garbage talk.
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2015, 05:59 PM   #46
Tisaksen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal TW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisaksen View Post
They can do all they want but at the end of the day, the people that want a german luxury sedan will buy one because they can.
I'm just saying it's a little bashing when you call something psuedo something that's all.

In that case, many would think BMW's are "psuedo-luxury" and are for the peasants of the world because they can't afford a Rolls Royce.

I know people who won't buy their kids BMW's because to them it's considered a piece of junk.

It's just garbage talk.
Not at all what im saying. Theres an ass for every seat, and i believe that those who can, will.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 08:14 PM   #47
jeremyr4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 E93 M3

A couple of quick points to add (I attended the event in Beverly Hills on Monday):

- The panoramic roof will be standard (not sure about the sky lounge feature)
- BMW claims 0-60 in 4.3 seconds for the 750. That's VERY impressive for the standard mode and I'm not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere before.
- Someone asked about M-Sport window trim. I believe it will be chrome (as seen in the newest online side profile pic) while the non M-Sport model will be high gloss shadowline.

I hope this is helpful,
Jeremy
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 08:49 PM   #48
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

Thanks for sharing, I wish I had gone, this was my first invite to a private showing and I had prior engagements(watching my kids while the wife was in Vegas )

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 11:52 PM   #49
ChrisM6GC
Private
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

I just came from the Beverly Hills event this evening.

Bottom line...I too was not a fan of the blue 730i online pics, but seeing the car in person changed it all. Bmw did great on this car. Huge step forward. Looks good on the outside and inside is beyond cool, both in technology and looks.

Technology is especially far more advanced than any other car out right now. It immediately made my 2014 m6gc feel old....that's how good it is.

Cheers all.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 01:38 AM   #50
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungDro
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3JETS View Post
It may sound amazing, but it looks horrible IMO. It may even be outsold by the Audi A8. Mercedes is laughing so hard now. With their dominance in Formula 1 it won't surprise me some M customers start migrating to AMG soon. What a disgrace BMW!
audi a8 outsold? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice joke. have you seen the car? has it been shown? No. what a stupid pathetic comment.. Most ///M and ///AMG owners I know switch between merc and bmws constantly. I own a bm and a merc myself. yeah merc is doing great in F1 but whats that got to do with anything? the current M4 is even faster than the new c63.. its funny how the people who can't afford the new 7 or havent even seen it are just saying negative sh*t because of some crappy SE model spyshots with shipping blocks. and the ones who have seen the car every single one has said it has exceed their expectations all positive reviews. Just wait untill you see the car in person yourself then decide if you like it or not.
it just looks ugly. I can afford one but I'm not a luxury yacht type of guy. you gotta stop it with the people who can't afford it stuff. but you're a rapper right? with a name like that?

that hockey stick in chrome, what the hell is that?
      05-15-2015, 01:51 AM   #51
evobeatsti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
Any pics secretly snapped? Lol pointless thread if not
No way I could get pics, they had you empty your pockets and ran you through metal detectors before letting you in.

I went to the event in Beverly Hills, amazing time. The house it was hosted at was out of this world!

http://www.theagencyre.com/for-sale/...beverly-hills/

The car is amazing, truly revolutionary. too many cool features to remember...

BMW seriously has gone to the next level, I would take this car over the A8 and S550 whereas I wouldve taken the A8 and S550 over the old 7
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 03:01 AM   #52
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM6GC View Post

Bottom line...I too was not a fan of the blue 730i online pics, but seeing the car in person changed it all. Bmw did great on this car. Huge step forward. Looks good on the outside and inside is beyond cool, both in technology and looks.

Technology is especially far more advanced than any other car out right now. It immediately made my 2014 m6 gc feel old....that's how good it is.

Cheers all.
Hi Chris, being a M6 GC CP owner myself thats tall praise , does the car look about the same dimensions as the M6 GC?.
Thanks
      05-15-2015, 04:38 AM   #53
icpee
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal TW View Post
it just looks ugly. I can afford one but I'm not a luxury yacht type of guy. you gotta stop it with the people who can't afford it stuff. but you're a rapper right? with a name like that?

Yes we get it. The car is ugly. Why you keep repeating yourself. Don't get too emotional. Its just a car.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 10:36 AM   #54
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by icpee
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal TW View Post

Yes we get it. The car is ugly. Why you keep repeating yourself. Don't get too emotional. Its just a car.
Lols. If you knew me personally you would know all my comments are while I'm cracking up in response. Pretty emotional huh? Ha.

At this point I'm commenting on comments if you can't tell by now.

I'm sure the car is technologically forwards as a car can be. it's the top of the line model. That I do not doubt. everyone has their own opinion on styling though but to start stating reasons on why people's opinions are deemed worthless is moot.

Money doesn't buy you driving skills, class, nor style I suppose.
      05-15-2015, 02:30 PM   #55
hlmiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M '10 M5 '05 M3 '12 CRT

wdeerfield - with respect, your posts come across as narrow and intentionally negative, if not ill-informed. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
Seeing spy shots, the car had gotten nothing but negative reactions.
"nothing but" is patently incorrect. Read + consider all of the comments. Even if the posters are not favorably impressed, some are simply uncommitted and not negative.

Quote:
I saw leaked photos.
One common reaction from those who have actually seen the car is that it looks notably better in person. cf other threads and posts in this forum -

"I must say it came together better than I originally thought based off of technical drawings and the few uncovered spy shots floating around."
http://www.7post.com/forums/showpost...77&postcount=1
"BMW has really stepped up on this car and it was worth the wait!"
http://www.7post.com/forums/showpost...99&postcount=1
"The exterior design is gorgeous"
http://www.7post.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=143 (okay, that was me and arguably a little overstated )

Quote:
It's interesting that this review is very similar to that of the Miami review
I don't see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasansal View Post
I was one of attendants in Houston and I have no financial relationship with BMW aside from owing them money.
I, too, have no skin in the game (regarding wdeerfield's "reviews on here that are all positive are paid for" jab). And I'd already mentioned that I have not been a fan of the large car, overall. That didn't stop me from an overall positive reaction, also from here Houston ...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #56
Jashan
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It may sound amazing, but it looks horrible IMO. It may even be outsold by the Audi A8. Mercedes is laughing so hard now. With their dominance in Formula 1 it won't surprise me some M customers start migrating to AMG soon. What a disgrace BMW!
audi a8 outsold? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice joke. have you seen the car? has it been shown? No. what a stupid pathetic comment.. Most ///M and ///AMG owners I know switch between merc and bmws constantly. I own a bm and a merc myself. yeah merc is doing great in F1 but whats that got to do with anything? the current M4 is even faster than the new c63.. its funny how the people who can't afford the new 7 or havent even seen it are just saying negative sh*t because of some crappy SE model spyshots with shipping blocks. and the ones who have seen the car every single one has said it has exceed their expectations all positive reviews. Just wait untill you see the car in person yourself then decide if you like it or not.

You sound like a douche
      05-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #57
jettie1767
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW i7 xdrive60

Garage List
I got invited as well and I'm attending the unveiling at BMW HQ in Montvale, NJ on May 30. The invite came in a nice box with a video and a paperweight of the new 7 headlights. Pretty cool. I hope the event itself won't be disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 09:21 PM   #58
classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by evobeatsti
Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
Any pics secretly snapped? Lol pointless thread if not
No way I could get pics, they had you empty your pockets and ran you through metal detectors before letting you in.

I went to the event in Beverly Hills, amazing time. The house it was hosted at was out of this world!

http://www.theagencyre.com/for-sale/...beverly-hills/

The car is amazing, truly revolutionary. too many cool features to remember...

BMW seriously has gone to the next level, I would take this car over the A8 and S550 whereas I wouldve taken the A8 and S550 over the old 7
You couldn't have any cellphones? Damn that's crazy.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 11:33 PM   #59
E90M3JETS
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1. It amazes me that people who do not even know you talking about "affording" a car. What a douche. I like BMWs and I would like it to succeed and not be beaten by Audi and Mercedes. That is all. Formula 1 is huge in Europe where I come from and I am sure the M generalization BMW is marketing now may dilute the value of the brand in the future. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 01:02 PM   #60
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jashan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You sound like a douche
So basically calling people poorer than me is not as douche as making fun of someone's user name?

Wow. I can't stand this Kanyeezeeeyy generation.
      05-16-2015, 09:22 PM   #61
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

Styling is always a personal opinion. For every person that loves something, you can find others that hate it. The real question is: how does the vehicle work and how do the people that do like it feel about it; and, are there enough to make it economically viable.

And, until one can physically see something in person, it is really hard to say how coherent the design is...making a car that always looks good in pictures does not mean that it is a good car. Then, you have some people that just don't care what it looks like, as long as it is good technically.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 12:30 AM   #62
ChrisM6GC
Private
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM6GC View Post

Technology is especially far more advanced than any other car out right now. It immediately made my 2014 m6 gc feel old....that's how good it is.

Cheers all.
Hi Chris, being a M6 GC CP owner myself thats tall praise , does the car look about the same dimensions as the M6 GC?.
Thanks
Hey man- the new seven is definitely larger than our car.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 01:04 PM   #63
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

So I've noticed most people who've commented about being at the event (and have given us their impression of the new car) aren't 7-series drivers. Has anyone who actually drives a current generation 7-series been to the SoCal event? If so, what'd you think?

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 02:19 PM   #64
Jashan
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jashan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You sound like a douche
So basically calling people poorer than me is not as douche as making fun of someone's user name?

Wow. I can't stand this Kanyeezeeeyy generation.
Again, you sound like a douche
      05-18-2015, 04:57 PM   #65
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBry View Post
So I've noticed most people who've commented about being at the event (and have given us their impression of the new car) aren't 7-series drivers. Has anyone who actually drives a current generation 7-series been to the SoCal event? If so, what'd you think?
Interesting point...
      05-18-2015, 08:31 PM   #66
bb1510
Canada
Rep
Drives: Mercedes Benz S63 AMG

Will the new 7 have air suspension on all for wheels or just the rear like the current one? Also, did they let you pop the hood; if they did, how was the leather engine cover?