BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

09-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
E39E60E89
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E89 23i

Garage List
2009 Z4 E89 23i  [7.00]
Key Holder?

Hello from Rainy Bangkok, Thailand!

Guys, I'm a newbie here in this 7 forum. Just got my F02 730ld last week and enjoy it so far.
One quick question: Where do you keep your key when driving the 7?? I also drive a Z4 E89 and there's a small slot next to the start button where you can hold your key, and actually it activates some electrical components as well...

This forum rocks!!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

I keep my key in my pocket...

As to the slot for the key fob, on some other BMW models the key fob has to be inserted into the dashboard (similar to inserting a key) so the car can access the data stored in the key fob and while it is inserted, it recharges the key fobs battery. On models with comfort access, the battery in the key fob is a non-rechargeable type battery and needs to be replaced when it is unable to communicate with the car. The wireless transmission range on comfort access models is greater than the transmission range on models where you need to insert the key fob into the dashboard.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0