BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography

09-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #1
turbo_joe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe

GoPro 5 and Karma

Just announced via live-stream the new GoPro Hero 5 Black, Session 5, and Karma.

The hero5 looks pretty promising and the pricing isnt bad either. Added voice controls, waterproof housing, touch screen, better mics (much needed) and better video quality for a cheaper price than the Hero4 Black.

Cameras
http://shop.gopro.com/cameras

I don't know much about drones but the Karma looks pretty cool too and as a bundle isn't too unreasonably priced compared to some competitors.

09-19-2016, 12:31 PM   #2
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

I own a hero4 and sadly this will be my last Go Pro. While the next model looks promising, they really haven't done anything revolutionary in this new model. Not to mention so many other competitors in this field now.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 01:27 PM   #3
muddtt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i (E88)

Hero5 was a bit underwhelming, but ticked all the expected boxes. Sony just came out with optical image stabilization and gopro is just trying to catch up but is still behind.

The karma is really nice. A lot more there than expected. Glad they came out with a good product that'll shake up the drone market. Guess we'll just have to see what DJI has up their sleeves at their sept 29 announcement. Good thing the karma doesn't start shipping till oct. We'll have a good chance to see how the competition stacks up.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #4
turbo_joe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddtt View Post
Hero5 was a bit underwhelming, but ticked all the expected boxes. Sony just came out with optical image stabilization and gopro is just trying to catch up but is still behind.

The karma is really nice. A lot more there than expected. Glad they came out with a good product that'll shake up the drone market. Guess we'll just have to see what DJI has up their sleeves at their sept 29 announcement. Good thing the karma doesn't start shipping till oct. We'll have a good chance to see how the competition stacks up.
Didn't know DJI was planning a new release soon, will keep an eye out for that as well.

Again I don't know much about drones and even video cameras for that matter, just sharing the info. I have been happy with my Hero4 Silver.
      09-19-2016, 01:37 PM   #5
muddtt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i (E88)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_joe View Post
Didn't know DJI was planning a new release soon, will keep an eye out for that as well.

Again I don't know much about drones and even video cameras for that matter, just sharing the info. I have been happy with my Hero4 Silver.
my mistake sept 27.

https://twitter.com/djiglobal?lang=en
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 04:02 PM   #6
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
I've got a Phantom 3 Advanced and its looking like I may move over to the GoPro unless DJI comes out with something really good.

I love my DJI but the video/photo quality is pretty lackluster when compared to what you can pull off of a GoPro. Couple the quality with the addition of the portability/included gimbal stick the Karma seems like a really good deal.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2016, 06:45 PM   #7
apexlocator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

I'm in the market for action cams and was awaiting the hero5 release. But like others have mentioned, its not a big leap from the hero4. Further research lead me to the new Revl action cams with built-in gimble and IS. Since I'm in no rush, I decided to back their project with the cams being released this December. I dont see much mention of Revl on here...what are others' thoughts?

I plan to use a couple of the cams on my track car; so if I flip the car, at least the horizon will stay leveled, right? lol
SSP Spec-R
KW V3/ Corsa Axle back
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 01:36 AM   #8
118downer
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d

Nikon's new Key Mission series of action cams also deserves a look
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 12:59 PM   #9
tru724
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ford Figo

Its deserves to be the best one. :
Bestheight

Last edited by tru724; 12-28-2016 at 03:14 AM..
Appreciate 0