BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

04-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
vulcan747
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 545

Anyone care to give some feedback on the Heads Up display?

I am thinking about adding it to my option list but wonder if would be more at
home in an M car or a night vision optioned car. This new 7 has great performance and could be easily tuned for an extra 75 HP so it would be an advantage to keep your eyes on that next turn. With this GPS display being so much improved with higher resolution, bigger screen and 3D style maps do owners even care to rely on the heads up displays limited data projection?
Wonder if the money would be better spent on the Luxury Seating package?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcan747 View Post
home in an M car or a night vision optioned car. This new 7 has great performance and could be easily tuned for an extra 75 HP so it would be an advantage to keep your eyes on that next turn. With this GPS display being so much improved with higher resolution, bigger screen and 3D style maps do owners even care to rely on the heads up displays limited data projection?
I liked all the options so I ordered every possible option

I have to say that I liked the Heads Up display a lot. Even though the HUD only has basic direction displays, I would still say go for it. You get used to it so fast that it feels strange going back to a car that doesn't have HUD. It's actually a good thing that the HUD only has basic information, because you are supposed to concentrate on the road and not on graphics that they project onto the windshield
Besides it's a lot faster for you to get the important information you need to know if there isn't all that 'fluff' around it
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
riazah
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 750 i and 2007 650 cic

I would highly recommend the hud..i find it to be one of the most useful options as it allows you to keep your eyes focused on the road rwith navigation, lane departure warning and the night vision option
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #4
dm5272
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 750i '09 650i '09 750Li ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcan747 View Post
hmmmm - I have a different opinion.

My order has evey option as well - BUT, if you are choosing between HUD or Luxury seating? - that is a tough one for me.
I had Luxury on my first seven, and did not get it on my second 7 - and holy crap, i missed that AC on the seats BIG TIME! The massage only a little bit, but the AC Seats HAS to be the item I missed the most, and swore I would never leave out again. I personally did not get that feeling when I did not have the HUD. I missed it, but I was not uncomfortable and irritable for not having it as I was for the AC seats when my butt and back were sweaty!

Front Ventilated Seats is critical to me, but that is my two cents. Obviously there is no wrong choice, it would be what makes you and your passengers happy!
Appreciate 0