BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

05-31-2016, 01:17 PM   #23
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxgt3 View Post
I think a lot of us just have a short attention span and want something different. So you may like it.. for a year. Then get the itch for something else.
I have some divorced friends that used the same logic, some of them still get bored quickly and look for different constantly.

OK, back to cars talk. Nothing wrong with that, as long as you can afford it.
But even then, I think OP is right, we're often overthinking it to the finest detail which in the end might not play a big role in whether we enjoy the car on daily basis.
Appreciate 3
      05-31-2016, 03:03 PM   #24
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 E92, 17 X5M, 15 Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
I have some divorced friends that used the same logic, some of them still get bored quickly and look for different constantly.

OK, back to cars talk. Nothing wrong with that, as long as you can afford it.
But even then, I think OP is right, we're often overthinking it to the finest detail which in the end might not play a big role in whether we enjoy the car on daily basis.
Well you only have to make a mistake and settle once on some detail to be overly cautious the next time and wanting to make sure every detail is perfect.

And the same goes for cars!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 08:01 AM   #25
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxgt3 View Post
Well you only have to make a mistake and settle once on some detail to be overly cautious the next time and wanting to make sure every detail is perfect.

And the same goes for cars!
There is no perfect...
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2016, 08:48 AM   #26
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZ06 View Post
There is no perfect...
Fully agree, and, same is true for cars.
Appreciate 2
      06-04-2016, 12:52 PM   #27
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Easiest way to not commit to something is to nit pick at all of the perceived flaws.

One can save a lot of money by complaining about minor details that become deal breakers.

Customer: "This car doesn't have enough cupholders!"
Salesman: "Yes, The Porsche 911s don't typically have large amounts of cupholders."
Customer: "Don't want it!"
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2016, 02:34 PM   #28
UPSROD
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Old saying that seems to be lost today.....want what you have instead of thinking you always must have what you want!
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2016, 11:33 AM   #29
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
There will always be something better tomorrow. But sometimes there will be no tomorrow! You gotta life Life TODAY and be happy... because not everyone will see a "tomorrow".
great comment, thank you sir. at some point, gratitude takes over your life

I have a "mere" e90 328i. Best car I've ever owned, going on 10 years of ownership. I hope it holds up as I don't expect to shell out another 45k for something comparable, new. In fact, I've already decided that the next car will be a "downgrade", like a Golf Sportwagen, Golf S or a new Civic. They're excellent cars, though they motivate me to appreciate and enjoy what I have now.
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2016, 11:50 AM   #30
TBN54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 335 -> 17' F30 340i

Having a car is just like marraige. You own it and enjoy it but there will always be someone more attractive or another car that catches your eye more than the partner/car you have. It's all about commitment and enjoyment.

This world is changing every single day and there will always be a better
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 11:51 AM   #31
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs View Post
great comment, thank you sir. at some point, gratitude takes over your life

I have a "mere" e90 328i. Best car I've ever owned, going on 10 years of ownership. I hope it holds up as I don't expect to shell out another 45k for something comparable, new. In fact, I've already decided that the next car will be a "downgrade", like a Golf Sportwagen, Golf S or a new Civic. They're excellent cars, though they motivate me to appreciate and enjoy what I have now.
I'm constantly seeing the new 4-door civic around town. It looks awesome in black.
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2016, 12:11 PM   #32
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl View Post
I'm constantly seeing the new 4-door civic around town. It looks awesome in black.
I've sat in both the sedan and coupe. Coupe has no rear seat headroom. Sedan has surprisingly large rear seating. Drove the EX-T sedan with CVT, was very impressed with the refined ride and power is more than adequate. Car could give CVT's a good name. I've read they're sorting out problems in the first year, hopefully the QC improves.
Appreciate 2
      06-11-2016, 12:56 PM   #33
dtwyim
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW no more

This is a car forum. Of course we are overthinking it. If don't care about the little details, we won't be here.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 01:31 PM   #34
Eriphill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

Drive whatever brings a smile to your face and ignore the never ending stream of nonsense that is the internet and comment boards in particular.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 02:06 PM   #35
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Nothin at all wrong about using yer brain and calculating plus/minuses of each decision
At the end though as most say nohtin is perfect and you make a decision given the facts you got & yer preferences and you never look back and put yer heart into it

Problem in life is lots of people forget or are too ignorant or lazy to use the brain..use the "heart" solely by itself and end up with problems ( like 4 failed marriages or cars that needs to be replaced)
You dont over-think it but you gotta think it..keeps you from makin mistakes you cant live with

Case in point Jag XE.. heart says ooo yea buy buy buy gotta have it.. at the end of lookin at the factors, the scales tipped towards 340i and I realized (heart) that not only was it the better head decision but gosh darn it the config I got looks damn good as well.. in love with that car now.. aimin to care for her and keep her for the long-run

Last edited by insanecoder; 06-11-2016 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 06:10 PM   #36
newoldbeemer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder
Nothin at all wrong about using yer brain and calculating plus/minuses of each decision
At the end though as most say nohtin is perfect and you make a decision given the facts you got & yer preferences and you never look back and put yer heart into it

Problem in life is lots of people forget or are too ignorant or lazy to use the brain..use the "heart" solely by itself and end up with problems ( like 4 failed marriages or cars that needs to be replaced)
You dont over-think it but you gotta think it..keeps you from makin mistakes you cant live with

Case in point Jag XE.. heart says ooo yea buy buy buy gotta have it.. at the end of lookin at the factors, the scales tipped towards 340i and I realized (heart) that not only was it the better head decision but gosh darn it the config I got looks damn good as well.. in love with that car now.. aimin to care for her and keep her for the long-run
For me it's the other way round. Only the 340i pulls my heart. After owning three 3 series everyone - including family - is sick of these, everyone says I should go for some change, and the 3 is so common you can count half a dozen of them at every stoplight.

I'm gonna wait till I see the new S4 but something tells me I'm gonna be in a new f30 again.
      06-12-2016, 02:26 AM   #37
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoldbeemer View Post
...Only the 340i pulls my heart.
Appreciate 0