BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

07-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
Cocodrilo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW activeHybrid7 beast

Idrive Iphone contact sync help

works well with my 3GS but I cant get pass "R" in the contact list. I have like 500 contacts in my iphone, but wont add from S to Z.....

anyone know if is there a trick or fix to this?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

I don't have any issues with mine in terms of getting all the contacts synced up with the car. There are however two things I don't like the way the car handles certain aspects of the contacts:

1) If I have a phone number listed in my contacts that contains extension numbers (e.g. 123-456-7890 ,1234) the blue-tooth system will dial the phone number but disregard the extension which is quite annoying. I wish the blue-tooth system would be smart enough to recognize the pause character and extension and honor/dial it!!

2) The dashboard contact list only shows the name of the contact you either called or of a call you received. If you have multiple phone numbers under one contact (e.g. home, work, mobile, etc), you do not know what number you last called or what phone number that contact used to call you in case you want to call that person! It would be helpful if they could at least put the same icon next to the contact that is used in the contact list in your address book when you select the phone feature via the iDrive screen!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0