BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

08-26-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

European Delivery Date Discrepancy

Hello all. Hope all is well.

I have decided to do European Delivery and my saleswoman stated she received word that my preliminary tentative delivery date is October 18th.

However, I called BMW today to obtain a production status update and was told that the order has been "accepted by germany" (production status 111), that the next step is "daily production pack", which takes between 2 and 3 weeks, and the step thereafter is "production", which takes between 1 and 1 and a 1/2 weeks.

Considering the longest duration for the timing left and rounding up same, I get 5 weeks from now, which takes me to September 30th, 2 and a 1/2 weeks away from the aforesaid October date.

Does anyone have any insight as to the discrepancy between the two dates? I have calls into both my saleswoman and BMW European Delivery.

Thank you!

Last edited by dbs600; 08-26-2010 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 07:22 AM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

I haven't done Euro delivery yet, but I would assume that that is about right. It takes some time from completion of the production until the car is ready for pickup. You also have to consider that they need to book a 'free time slot' for you to pickup your car at the delivery center. Think of it the same as in when you call your dealership to book a service appointment, they fit you in whenever they have the first available time slot...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Thank you xDrive. Makes sense, I guess, but I am antsy, as I want to pick it up sooner than later! This has been an terrible (read: disgusting) 3+ month experience for me; very disatisfied with the order process (not the production process).

Also, I just noticed this on the BMWUSA order track site:

<<Your 750Li xDrive Sedan Selected Options

Piano Finish Black Trim

Cold Weather Package
•Heated rear seats
•Heated Steering Wheel
•Wood inlay steering wheel
•Ski bag

BMW Individual Composition
•BMW Individual Rear Badge
•Alcantara headliner in upholstery color
•Shadowline exterior trim
•Instrument panel with leather finish
•Individual Door Sill Finishers

Luxury Seating Package
•Front ventilated seats
•Power rear and side window shades
•Active front seats

Premium Sound Package
•iPod and USB adapter
•Premium hi-fi system
•Satellite radio with 1 year subscription>>

For some reason, not all of the options I ordered are listed, although it does say 'selected' options at the top.

In any event, it lists both the heated steering wheel and the wood inlay steering wheel. G-d I hope that they've figured out a way to have both!

Last edited by dbs600; 08-27-2010 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Last time I talked to the guy here at BMW (Canadian HQ), he told me that that's not possible due to the construction of the steering wheel... I doubt that is correct!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

You're right; probably not correct, but it should be (technically) on a car like ours!
Appreciate 0