BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

08-17-2009, 04:20 PM   #23
freshwhite335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991/RR Sport AB

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
oooo. got it!

xDrive... u broke the car in? maybe its just bc mines a lease and i dont really believe in break in ive been flogging it since day one. i love the smell in my garage after a hard run in a new car. lol
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #24
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshwhite335 View Post
oooo. got it!

xDrive... u broke the car in? maybe its just bc mines a lease and i dont really believe in break in ive been flogging it since day one. i love the smell in my garage after a hard run in a new car. lol
LOL

I don't lease cars... I only buy cars

And I do try to take care of my cars. You SHOULD brake the car in and follow the manufacturers directions for doing so. Since all the parts on the car are new, they need to adapt to each other and that's what the brake-in period is for. Another thing to keep in mind is safety as tires and brakes will NOT perform their best unless they are broken-in. Brakes will not have their full potential when they are new. New tires may slip on the rims, etc.... the list goes on... So you SHOULD definitely brake the car in before you go racing down the road! (Although you shouldn't do that either )
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432

Last edited by xDrive50i; 08-18-2009 at 08:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #25
freshwhite335
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
my dealer was telling me the other day that the 7 series [prob the e65] is the #1 leased car in the US. 85% of them are leased. we were always part of the other 15% but for my mom who doesnt want to mod her car and will be sick of it in a few years leasing just made sense this time. we own all of our other cars outright, and i like that. i know i can do whatever i want to them
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #26
dm5272
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 750i '09 650i '09 750Li ED

I have not received my from ED, but I did notice these items - can anyone confirm similar issues? I will when I get my car in a few weeks.

1. I have the iPhone 3G and when I connected it to the iPhone adapter ( in the center console, I always received a warning stating this accessory is not for this device.. blah blah blah... even though it did charge the phone. I don't remember if the music was accessible. Anyone else having iphone issues?

2. 4GB USB drive with Music, did NOT work in the center console, only in the glove compartment USB. Anyone else has this issue? IS this normal? SHould both work? It could have been the other way around - but I remember one of the USB slots did not work for music after it noticed a device what plugged in - it would not read the music files.

3. My blind spot sensor alarm did NOT kick in... I never heard it even though I turned it on, and would purposely get close to other vehicles, and nothing. If I have to get any closer, then this is useless I was inches away - The triangle warning by the rear view never turned on.

4. I also think the wind noise from the roof is WAY TOO LOUD!!! I heard someone got theirs fixed - can anyone elaborate? What was the problem/or fix for an easier explanation at the dealer about what to do? The noise is the flap that comes up to blow wind away from the inside of the vehicle. I did notice when I push it down with my hand the wind noise goes down to zero! Any thoughts / feedback? Should this be a separate thread?

thanks everyone..

ps... Yes, I love my car!
dm
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #27
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 750Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm5272 View Post
I have not received my from ED, but I did notice these items - can anyone confirm similar issues? I will when I get my car in a few weeks.

1. I have the iPhone 3G and when I connected it to the iPhone adapter ( in the center console, I always received a warning stating this accessory is not for this device.. blah blah blah... even though it did charge the phone. I don't remember if the music was accessible. Anyone else having iphone issues?

2. 4GB USB drive with Music, did NOT work in the center console, only in the glove compartment USB. Anyone else has this issue? IS this normal? SHould both work? It could have been the other way around - but I remember one of the USB slots did not work for music after it noticed a device what plugged in - it would not read the music files.

3. My blind spot sensor alarm did NOT kick in... I never heard it even though I turned it on, and would purposely get close to other vehicles, and nothing. If I have to get any closer, then this is useless I was inches away - The triangle warning by the rear view never turned on.

4. I also think the wind noise from the roof is WAY TOO LOUD!!! I heard someone got theirs fixed - can anyone elaborate? What was the problem/or fix for an easier explanation at the dealer about what to do? The noise is the flap that comes up to blow wind away from the inside of the vehicle. I did notice when I push it down with my hand the wind noise goes down to zero! Any thoughts / feedback? Should this be a separate thread?

thanks everyone..

dm
I cannot get access to music on my iPhone 3G when docked. I just use a standard iPod with the adapter instead.

My blind spot warning works fine - but there is no sound (designed that way). Just the lit triangle and steering vibration when attempting to change lanes.

At first I thought it did not work either - but it does. Try driving up next to another car and leave it in your blind spot on purpose. You should see the triangle light up (if the feature is enabled).

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #28
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm5272 View Post

thanks everyone..

dm
Hey dm,

1. I have yet to actually connect my iPhone to the adapter that was supplied with the car. The phone is paired with the car. I charge my phone at home and never had a reason to connect it via the cable in the car. I keep the cable in the car in case of an emergency if I ever needed to charge it in the car.

2. I use a 64GB USB stick that I loaded with about 7500 songs from my library at home. My home library consists of Apple loss-less files that I convert into AAC3 versions for the car. I leave the USB stick connected in the center console at all times (unless I update, change or add more songs to it). Never had a single issue with it. I was quite surprised how fast the iDrive controller actually indexed all the songs. I haven't transferred any songs onto the iDrive controllers HDD yet (this only works via the glove compartment USB interface). I intend on doing that sometime soon...
Try a different USB stick or try to encode the music files in a different format. I had originally tried to play the Apple loss-less files from another USB stick, however the car would not play the song but would show the ID3 tag information on the iDrive screen. I was able to select the different songs, but the controller simply refused to play back the song...
I assume that the controller does not support the Apple loss-less format because it is more or less a proprietary Apple format?!?...

3. I have Blind Spot Detection enabled at all times and it works surprisingly well. The little warning triangles in the mirrors come on either on the driver or passenger side depending on what side the car in your blind spot area is on. If the warning triangle is lit and you turn on your indicator to move into that lane, the steering wheel will vibrate and the warning triangle will flash! This feature will only work above 50km/h or 30mph!

4. I have to give the sun roof a try. I usually drive with the windows closed (keeps the interior cleaner !).
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #29
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
The rattling might be the seat belt pre-tensioner. It should only do that at the beginning after you buckle up and start the engine.
I paid particular attention to this... and luckily found my prentensioner is totally silent! Maybe a mid-year fix?

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 04:19 PM   #30
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden View Post
I paid particular attention to this... and luckily found my prentensioner is totally silent! Maybe a mid-year fix?
Mine isn't overly noticeable either, it's a very faint and muffled click, click, click kinda sound and you wouldn't normally hear it unless you listen for it. It only lasts for a couple of seconds (maybe 3 to 4 seconds) right after you start the car up.

I had mentioned it because some people have complained that theirs seem to make a lot more noise and they found it annoying.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #31
freshwhite335
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden View Post
but mine still does it and i took delivery 7/31
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2009, 09:37 PM   #32
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My F02 was made a week prior to that. Maybe you can browse the dealers lot and find a recent delivery to compare it to. If there is a difference, ank them to replace the part?

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #33
Reid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white cars

Quote:
Things I've noticed about my F01
Quote:
i have the optional leather dash and its beautiful
Quote:
not to mention my mom always puts her various enormous purses on it.
Quote:
maybe its just bc mines a lease and i dont really believe in break in ive been flogging it since day one. i love the smell in my garage after a hard run in a new car. lol
Quote:
we were always part of the other 15% but for my mom who doesnt want to mod her car and will be sick of it in a few years leasing just made sense this time. we own all of our other cars outright, and i like that.
Quote:
Why is your mom resting her bags on the center console in your F01, and even deciding whether to lease or buy it?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 11:25 PM   #34
freshwhite335
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid View Post
Why is your mom resting her bags on the center console in your F01, and even deciding whether to lease or buy it?
well if you'd like to be pedantic... it's her car, but its my family's car. we have 5 cars and we all drive each others cars. sometimes my mom feels like driving a convert so i give her my car and drive hers, or my sister wants to drive a stick so she takes my dads m5 and he'll take her jeep. we're not possesive, plus they're all technically "my parents" cars. they paid for them, i wont deny that.
Appreciate 0