BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

06-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
AcesUp
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

If a members title is "banned" is that permanent?

Or can it also be "take a break and come back later"?

I see some members who have been banned in the last few days, for no reason that's obvious to me. They seem helpful enough. I assume they broke a rule here but none of their visible posts jumped out at me as the type that would b e against rules (and mods didn't make notes in any of their posts stating as much).

I guess I'm just confused, being new here, about what activity receives a ban and how long the bans tend to last.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 02:54 AM   #2
Steve33
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesUp View Post
Or can it also be "take a break and come back later"?

I see some members who have been banned in the last few days, for no reason that's obvious to me. They seem helpful enough. I assume they broke a rule here but none of their visible posts jumped out at me as the type that would b e against rules (and mods didn't make notes in any of their posts stating as much).

I guess I'm just confused, being new here, about what activity receives a ban and how long the bans tend to last.
I'm only assuming that the posts they were banned for were removed (hence why you can't see them)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #3
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Bans are rarely permanent for members who are not spammers. I just came off a two week ban for "repeatedly taking a thread off-topic". Really, I got in an argument with someone in a thread, and I ended up keeping it going longer than the mods would tolerate, so I got hit with the ban stick.

The mods removed all posts related to the disagreement, so if you were to go back to the thread where the ban activity occurred, you'd never know.

It's part of being on a forum, IMO. If you speak your mind, eventually you end up with a ban.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0