BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

05-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
advocado
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750Li/ 2011 335i conv

Garage List
Just Got Mine at the Welt

Picked it up two weeks ago in Munich. F02. Sophisto Gray with Oyster Black. Now the waiting...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
Tnitaly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Great looking car! Did it come with the European nav or just the US version? hopefully your wait will be short.
Alpine White F80 M3 /// Full Sakhir Leather Interior /// 19" Vorsteiner VSE-003 /// M Adaptive Suspension /// DCT /// Carbon Fiber Trim /// Executive Package /// HK Sound/// LED Lighting /// Moonroof /// Driver Assistance Plus
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
advocado
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnitaly View Post
Great looking car! Did it come with the European nav or just the US version? hopefully your wait will be short.
Just the US version. Since I didn't have time to drive around (basically just signed for it), it didn't matter. Of course, the European version was offered for $165.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
Tnitaly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocado View Post
Just the US version. Since I didn't have time to drive around (basically just signed for it), it didn't matter. Of course, the European version was offered for $165.

Thanks for the info. I live in Europe so i'll be spending the $165. 30 days and counting before I pick her up .
Alpine White F80 M3 /// Full Sakhir Leather Interior /// 19" Vorsteiner VSE-003 /// M Adaptive Suspension /// DCT /// Carbon Fiber Trim /// Executive Package /// HK Sound/// LED Lighting /// Moonroof /// Driver Assistance Plus
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #5
riazah
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 750 i and 2007 650 cic

congrats-great looking car
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
bmr760
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C, F90 M5C, G05 X5 40i

Congrats!
Great colour choice

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 11:58 PM   #7
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Congratulations! My F01 is the same color and I love it! I am in the bay area as well - let's compare notes sometime. Would enjoy hearing about the Welt...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 02:03 AM   #8
golfinguy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 750 Li

An opportunity cam up for me to take a trip to Munich after I had already ordered my 750 Li. I tried to change to European Delivery but the car was already at Bremerhaven when I called and since then it left the port aboard Morning Concert on May 6.

Anyway, I am still going to visit BMW Welt and take a factory tour. I will be in Munich for 4 days. Any advice ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 02:29 AM   #9
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinguy View Post
An opportunity cam up for me to take a trip to Munich after I had already ordered my 750 Li. I tried to change to European Delivery but the car was already at Bremerhaven when I called and since then it left the port aboard Morning Concert on May 6.

Anyway, I am still going to visit BMW Welt and take a factory tour. I will be in Munich for 4 days. Any advice ?

Thanks
Golfinguy, any idea how long your car was at the dock in Bremerhaven?

The Morning Concert will dock in Manzanillo on May-20 then Port Hueneme, CA on May-29 and Tacoma, WA on June-02.

When you are in Munich, enjoy the tour, take some pictures and enjoy the Bavarian beer
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 03:40 AM   #10
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

congrats!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #11
advocado
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Golfinguy, any idea how long your car was at the dock in Bremerhaven?

The Morning Concert will dock in Manzanillo on May-20 then Port Hueneme, CA on May-29 and Tacoma, WA on June-02.

When you are in Munich, enjoy the tour, take some pictures and enjoy the Bavarian beer
xDrive -- Where did you get that detailed info about the Morning Concert? I dropped my car off in Munich on April 27th and it's still sitting on the dock, almost 3 weeks later! When I contacted E.H. Harms, they said it was scheduled on the Glorious Express for a May 12 sailing for a June 5th arrival in Port Hueneme, but the ship isn't even tied up yet. It's been sitting in the basin at Bremerhaven for 5 days (according to VesselTracker). Follow up call to Harms is of no help. BMW site still says, "awating transport". Grrr...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 10:04 AM   #12
advocado
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinguy View Post

Thanks
I was in Munich in late April for European Delivery. The Welt is stunning! Allow plenty of time for crawling around the Welt, the factory tour (it's a couple of hours) and the BMW Museum (also a couple of hours). With E/D the tour and Museum are free, but, in your case I would call the E/D office to see if you can get some kind of accommodation. It's also right across the street from Olympic Park, which is interesting and beautiful. Munich is great. If you like beer, you'll love Munich. Go to Augustiner near the Marianplatz, it's ground zero for beer halls and sausage/weiner schnitzel. Walk through the English Garden and get to the beer garden at the Chinese Pagoda. It's amazing to see literally thousands of people sitting for hours drinking huge steins of beer and munching pretzels while an oompa band plays on.. Walk around Marianplatz and down to the VictualMarket. Again, an amazing site of displayed food. For museums, the best for me was the Neue Pinaktotech (modern art museum). Van Gogh, Renoir, Matisse, Picasso, etc. A wonderful collection. We took the subway everywhere. Buy an all day pass from your concierge. It's 9 Euros, but up to 3 people can ride on one ticket. Enjoy!

Last edited by advocado; 05-15-2009 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #13
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
xDrive -- Where did you get that detailed info about the Morning Concert? I dropped my car off in Munich on April 27th and it's still sitting on the dock, almost 3 weeks later! When I contacted E.H. Harms, they said it was scheduled on the Glorious Express for a May 12 sailing for a June 5th arrival in Port Hueneme, but the ship isn't even tied up yet. It's been sitting in the basin at Bremerhaven for 5 days (according to VesselTracker). Follow up call to Harms is of no help. BMW site still says, "awating transport". Grrr...
Production on my car was completed on April 29th and since then it's been 'in transit' and since May 11th it's been sitting at the dock waiting for a boat

I had hoped it would make it onto the Mignon which was scheduled to leave Bremerhaven on the 14th, but so far no update. I just noticed they revised the schedule for the Mignon and it's now scheduled to leave the port on the 15th (today). So again, I hope my car is on that boat...

The Glorious Express is not a W&W boat, so I don't know if the company that runs that boat has an online schedule for it.

I had posted this before in another thread, have a look at post #20 here (scroll to the bottom of the 1st page):

http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249981

Hope this helps.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #14
advocado
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Production on my car was completed on April 29th and since then it's been 'in transit' and since May 11th it's been sitting at the dock waiting for a boat

I had hoped it would make it onto the Mignon which was scheduled to leave Bremerhaven on the 14th, but so far no update. I just noticed they revised the schedule for the Mignon and it's now scheduled to leave the port on the 15th (today). So again, I hope my car is on that boat...

The Glorious Express is not a W&W boat, so I don't know if the company that runs that boat has an online schedule for it.

I had posted this before in another thread, have a look at post #20 here (scroll to the bottom of the 1st page):

http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249981

Hope this helps.
The company that runs the Glorious Express is NYK. BUT, it doesn't even show up on their "Fleet List". Therefore, it doesn't show up on their schedule. Harrumphh... Surprisingly, the website for Port Hueneme, Ca, shows the ship scheduled to arrive on June 7th. But, if it's still in the basin at Bremerhaven, that will be some fast transit.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #15
golfinguy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 750 Li

Avocado: Thanks for the info about Munich and BMW Welt

xDrive50i: My car was at the port in Bremerhaven for about 2 weeks based on my daily calling of BMW for vehicle Status.

You can go to the marine traffic website and search your vessel based on name or call sign. When Morning Concert was still in English Channel, it gave frequesnt update of its exact location. Now that it's somewhere in the middle of Atlantic, update is not showing up since it is "out of range". It still shows last departure port and destination port. If you search google, there are other sites that give real time tracking but there is subscription fee.

http://marinetraffic.com/ais/datashe...a=A&level0=200
Appreciate 0