BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

08-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
khalsa
Registered
Rep
Drives: 750Li

Lightbulb 2006 750Li TRANSMISSION FAULTY Please Give Opinions!

I have a 2006 750Li, which a beautiful monster car. But something happened to it and it freaked me out. I was getting out of the gas station and the a ligt suddenly turned up with a message like this "Transmission Fault Drive Moderately". How can you drive moderately if your transmission is messed up in the first place. Anyways, since i was 16,000 miles over the warranty limit but still under the 4 years, BMW corporate still did not want to help me in any way to change my transmission. It could not be repaired because BMW dose not have certified tech in the USA that can repair their tranny as per the service managers instructions. I was pissed man, becuase they quoted me $10,000 dollars to fix the problem. I just want to let you all know that because BMW did not want to help fix a customers problem, even though i own three diffrent ones.Through research i complained to "The Office of Defects Investigation (ODI), an office within the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)." This problem is common in between 2002-2008 7 Series models. They assured that if they get enough complaits they could get BMW to Recall their Tranny and replace it. I ask you all if you have ever experienced a problem like this in your vehicle please call this
number 1-888-327-4236 so your vocies can be heard and we get what we deserve. Please tell me if you also had a problem like mine.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

I feel your pain, but at the same time, if you are over the miles warranty limit, you can't really blame BMW for not helping you...

I assume you are referring to a free transmission replacement when you are saying that you asked them for their help?!?

There is a reason manufacturers specify either x miles or x years, whatever comes first...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Owning an out of warranty late model BMW can cost more than leasing a new bimmer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalsa View Post
I have a 2006 750Li, which a beautiful monster car. But something happened to it and it freaked me out. I was getting out of the gas station and the a ligt suddenly turned up with a message like this "Transmission Fault Drive Moderately". How can you drive moderately if your transmission is messed up in the first place. Anyways, since i was 16,000 miles over the warranty limit but still under the 4 years, BMW corporate still did not want to help me in any way to change my transmission. It could not be repaired because BMW dose not have certified tech in the USA that can repair their tranny as per the service managers instructions. I was pissed man, becuase they quoted me $10,000 dollars to fix the problem. I just want to let you all know that because BMW did not want to help fix a customers problem, even though i own three diffrent ones.Through research i complained to "The Office of Defects Investigation (ODI), an office within the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)." This problem is common in between 2002-2008 7 Series models. They assured that if they get enough complaits they could get BMW to Recall their Tranny and replace it. I ask you all if you have ever experienced a problem like this in your vehicle please call this
number 1-888-327-4236 so your vocies can be heard and we get what we deserve. Please tell me if you also had a problem like mine.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
alpineweiss300
Banned
Rep
Drives: hardcore E92 white on black

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Owning an out of warranty late model BMW can cost more than leasing a new bimmer.
but true
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 03:09 AM   #5
7series06
Registered
Rep
Drives: 750LI

750LI

Hi Khalsa,

My BMW has 60K miles, and is out of warranty now. I had a similar issue with the transmission, and took it to a BMW dealer. They advised changing the mechatronic adapter/ sleeve that covers the trans- cost 700 dollars. I got that done, and now it drives perfect. However off and on, I see that message popping up that P D3 R are engaged without pressing parking brakes and to drive moderately. However, on restarting the engine the message disappears. How did you get your problem fixed? I am going to call that number provided on Monday so that we can convince BMW to file a recall on trans for 2006 750 li. But in the meantime, do you have any suggestions. I love this car, and don't want this to be a point of embarrassment to me at any point. The car otherwise drives perfect, but this message is really freaking me out too. Please advise
Appreciate 0