BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

Yesterday, 01:44 PM   #1
f01_B7
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina B7

Garage List
2013 BMW Alpina B7  [10.00]
  [0.00]
2013 BMW Alpina B7  [0.00]
Blew out a tire slight rim damage

Back here again, hit a pothole on the highway and tire blew out. Already bought a new set of front tires to replace the the blowout and other front, however there’s very slight rim damage from the impact and although small wondering if I should risk driving on it or just replace as a precaution. Thanks for any responses in advance, much appreciate all of you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:42 PM   #2
icyhot
Rep
Drives: BMW 750Li xDrive

If it gets the sharp edges filed smooth and the tire has a good seal and youre not losing air, maybe some jb weld or filler to stop the tire from deforming into that dimple, then you can start saying maybe its okay to drive but personally I would not drive on that.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #3
BlackM750i
Private
Rep
Drives: 750i M Sport

Take it to a wheel repair shop that refinishes wheels, if you have them in your area. They can fix cracks, bends, etc and make the wheel look brand new and 100% structurally sound.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:08 AM   #4
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

I thought SoCal roads were bad.

Both our city and County have a huge slush fund for this type of incident. Just need to submit a photograph, location, and estimate.

This is a great reason for installing a dashboard CAM. Pretty useful in an accident, but it also comes in handy when hitting a pothole that leaves damage and you have no idea the "exact" location.....the CAM provided GPS coordinates and video "proof".

My F02 B7 hit a pothole exactly at a transition between a County road and city road, where the County uses concrete, and the city. The asphalt had broken away due to poor construction and lots of rain, leaving a really deep pothole. The city tried to pin it on the county and the county stated that their portion ends with concrete, so the city had to pay up for the air strut, tire and wheel.

I guess it's cheaper to pay out wheel damage repair bills, than it is to pave the roads. Rumor has it, that they also claim it reduces "speeding".....
Appreciate 0