BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

06-09-2016, 05:07 AM   #1
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Extended Test Drive Program - By Invitation only

A recent program was introduced inviting select individuals to drive a new 7 Series for an extended duration. If anyone here that may have not answered the initial phone call but subsequently responded to an email or the voice mail, has someone from the Concierge Provider followed up to your request to participate?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #2
figgie
Private
Rep
Drives: CTS

Garage List
I got the invite but declined. (Phone, email, even snail mail).

Reason: I BOUGHT a 16 750i X-drive Ordered it as none of the 750 stateside had the ALL the options I wanted and I was not settling this time around.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 01:53 PM   #3
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgie

Reason: I BOUGHT a 16 750i X-drive Ordered it as none of the 750 stateside had the ALL the options I wanted and I was not settling this time around.
Thanks for the reply. There hasn't been much response so if it appears to be a spam filtering issue, it will be repeated but this time using BMW corporate email address' and phone numbers. If the communications are going through, and invitees are simply declining to respond, no one wants to send nuisance correspondence.

If anyone is declining to avoid going to a dealer, the car will be delivered to a location of your choice. This wasn't communicated initially. So no sales pitch or pressure tactics.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 02:24 PM   #4
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgie View Post

Good for you!! My sentiments exactly (reason for moving from my F02 740Li to the new 750i xDrive / loaded).

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 12:19 AM   #5
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

How many days can the car be had for? And if delivered to a location of choice, does a second car take the driver back?

Also, what's your interest in the program? Did you have a bad experience, but are helping BMW rectify and get proper word out?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 12:56 AM   #6
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600
How many days can the car be had for? And if delivered to a location of choice, does a second car take the driver back?

Also, what's your interest in the program? Did you have a bad experience, but are helping BMW rectify and get proper word out?

Thanks!
The invitation simply states overnight, but the closest fleet pool to where I'm at currently is over 300 miles away so I was offered a full week. Regardless of the distance, participants won't be required to return the rep back to the regional dealer where the cars are based.

This was one of the program ideas that was laid out at the Miami preview, but the "Concierge Provider" is not the same company I put everyone in contact with to handle these events and the Ultimate Benefits Program. Curious as to what's going since that program and the loaner fleet have seeming shrunk drastically. This new company is a Dealer CRM provider and this is not something they would be hired for especially since only one BMW Franchise uses this company and their software isn't compatible with other 3 CRM Programs in use at almost every BMW Dealer in the country. VP of Marketing at NA is supposed to call me tomorrow to make arrangements and if you're interested, I'll ask to have you added to the list.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 02:59 PM   #7
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten View Post
The invitation simply states overnight, but the closest fleet pool to where I'm at currently is over 300 miles away so I was offered a full week. Regardless of the distance, participants won't be required to return the rep back to the regional dealer where the cars are based.

This was one of the program ideas that was laid out at the Miami preview, but the "Concierge Provider" is not the same company I put everyone in contact with to handle these events and the Ultimate Benefits Program. Curious as to what's going since that program and the loaner fleet have seeming shrunk drastically. This new company is a Dealer CRM provider and this is not something they would be hired for especially since only one BMW Franchise uses this company and their software isn't compatible with other 3 CRM Programs in use at almost every BMW Dealer in the country. VP of Marketing at NA is supposed to call me tomorrow to make arrangements and if you're interested, I'll ask to have you added to the list.
Interesting info! And yes, please do keep me in mind; I've test driven the model at two events to date, but an extended one would be neat - real world feel.

ADP and R&R are the two main CRM providers I'm aware of; what's the third?

Thanks again and good day!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 03:18 PM   #8
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600
Quote:

Interesting info! And yes, please do keep me in mind; I've test driven the model at two events to date, but an extended one would be neat - real world feel.

ADP and R&R are the two main CRM providers I'm aware of; what's the third?

Thanks again and good day!
Licensed versions of Compass and other platforms from AN. It had just been introduced when they brought me in as Director of ECommerce and the first change was to integrate interoperability with other DMS programs simply because I was also temporary GM/DP for 2 Land Rover, 3 BMW, and 4 MB Dealerships that had been acquired at the same time. I wanted all locations linked to a single office and able to have data cross communication, and a uniform training program without the expense and hassle of taking on a change out of DMS systems as well. Dealer.com also came from this. If they're still available in archives, all the websites for the SoCal AN highline stores changed completely overnight in Feb 2009, and the dealer.com structure and functionality uses this today with almost no change.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 11:48 PM   #9
LKBimm100
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 7 Series

Quote:
A recent program was introduced inviting select individuals to drive a new 7 Series for an extended duration. If anyone here that may have not answered the initial phone call but subsequently responded to an email or the voice mail, has someone from the Concierge Provider followed up to your request to participate?
I responded to email. Had a nice exchange, and after a few emails they referred me to the dealer. Then nothing for the last five weeks. I followed up several times but never heard back from the dealer. Very frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 11:51 PM   #10
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKBimm100
Quote:
I responded to email. Had a nice exchange, and after a few emails they referred me to the dealer. Then nothing for the last five weeks. I followed up several times but never heard back from the dealer. Very frustrating.
If you want to PM me your contact info, I'll add you to the list and someone from BMWNA will contact you by Tuesday.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 05:20 PM   #11
Ormond
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

I received a mail invitation. I currently have a leased Mercedes. I didn't see any 750i at my local dealership, so I didn't consider the drive. I think that there are only a couple 740s in stock. I've got a few months left on my lease, so I'm not in a hurry.

I previously owned a 2009 750i. I enjoyed driving it immensely, but had a variety of service problems. I'm tempted to get another 7.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2016, 02:25 PM   #12
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Licensed versions of Compass and other platforms from AN. It had just been introduced when they brought me in as Director of ECommerce and the first change was to integrate interoperability with other DMS programs simply because I was also temporary GM/DP for 2 Land Rover, 3 BMW, and 4 MB Dealerships that had been acquired at the same time. I wanted all locations linked to a single office and able to have data cross communication, and a uniform training program without the expense and hassle of taking on a change out of DMS systems as well. Dealer.com also came from this. If they're still available in archives, all the websites for the SoCal AN highline stores changed completely overnight in Feb 2009, and the dealer.com structure and functionality uses this today with almost no change.
Nice!
Appreciate 0