BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-24-2018, 09:23 PM   #1
vivalaReagan
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Navigation Issue

Curious if anyone has experienced this problem and if there's a solution.

A week ago, I entered a destination into the navigation via the BMW Connected smartphone app. It worked well and led me to my destination. When I arrived at the destination, the navigation didn't recognize it and didn't automatically end the route. This has happened previously with other vehicles, including other BMW's, and is probably due to the long/lat being slightly off from the postal address. Not a problem, as the destination can be canceled in the nav menu, which I did upon arrival.

Since this trip, I have entered other addresses into the nav, via direct entry and through the smartphone app. All worked flawlessly. However, now when I enter the car and start it up, the navigation automatically begins route guidance to the previously incomplete route, and I have to manually cancel it each time. It's quite aggravating and I cannot figure out how to make it stop.

Any assistance is appreciated and thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 05:08 AM   #2
talaipwros
Private
Rep
Drives: Model2018 740d xdriveMsport

hello

have you deleted this destination from the app?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 10:28 AM   #3
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
I was also going to ask if you had tried to delete the destination from the car control display in the notifications area...that may help to stop the behaviour you mention.

Hope you get it sorted one way or another, worth calling concierge services if you can't figure it out soon...

Safe travels.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 04:54 PM   #4
vivalaReagan
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by talaipwros View Post
hello

have you deleted this destination from the app?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
I was also going to ask if you had tried to delete the destination from the car control display in the notifications area...that may help to stop the behaviour you mention.

Hope you get it sorted one way or another, worth calling concierge services if you can't figure it out soon...

Safe travels.
thanks for the replies. i deleted the destination from the app, which seems to have solved the problem. interestingly, i received a notification when i attempted to delete it (see below), which referenced a 'next trips list'. i'm not familiar with a next trips list and couldn't find any reference to it in the driver's guide app or the genius app.

btw, i also deleted two other destinations, one more recent and one prior to the problematic destination, and neither produced a notification. :
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 01:41 AM   #5
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

It had happened to me in my G30 as well. I don't exactly remember how to get rid of it but I scrolled the Navi Menu and found a setting like Start Auto Navigation or something like that .I unchecked it and no more pesky navi guidance inquiries