BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

04-12-2018, 09:09 AM   #133
Arturo_spain
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: M760Li MY2018

Been on business trip but I remembered today was the day so I logged in

Congratulations!

Beautiful color!

Waiting for your extended comments

Enjoy it

-M760Li MY2018
-RR Sport 4.4 SDV8 MY2016
-Mini Cooper Cabrio MY2018
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2018, 09:52 AM   #134
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo_spain View Post
Been on business trip but I remembered today was the day so I logged in

Congratulations!

Beautiful color!

Waiting for your extended comments

Enjoy it
Thanks, I'll give you some feedback soon. Especially on the body roll once I get a good drive.

Have you run yours in or you skipped that and drive it hard anyway?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2018, 11:09 AM   #135
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Well I've got her now. Hand over was quick and in fairness I've had to come home to do work so will have to wait until lunch time when I can pop out quickly, the real play will come after I finish up work for the day though.
^ Great that you have it now, you've definitely had to be patient and did so with brilliant humour. ^ Welcome to the 7.

Quote:
It's a miserable day here in Peterborough and really foggy. Also last night when I took the M5 out for a last drive, it's enough that laser lights would be an own goal blinding myself not others
Ah, well, if that's the only issue, drive down to Vienna and we can take it out for a ride here? It will help break it in and the weather is lovely here...

Quote:
I asked the dealer about a display key case and I've got the newer style one like 325_bucks has that BMW make so that's cool. Didn't have to pay but you'd think so at this price of car. No fancy box as they give out in Spain as I suspected.
Good that you could get the case, shame you had to ask and that indeed, this car doesn't get the lovely display key case that Arturo_spain received...mind you the price differential makes up for it!

Quote:
Left it in Comfort, put the massage seats and heated arm rests on (Sorry Pelo) and just cruised home in luxury
go on, brilliant to hear that you guys have this and that the car is evolving and I'll get this next time around...jealous but too right to use it! Watch out with the comfort plus mode....you'll get used to that very easily! Glad you are enjoying it already. ^

Quote:
They didn't debadge it however like I'd asked but said I could bring it in anytime to get them removed if I want. Have a guy over the road who does detailing who might be able to do it. I'm still in two minds though on the rear so I'll leave it just for a little bit but the V12's are tacky I think and must go at some point soon. Obviously by the time I get rid of them everyone will know I'm a git around where I live with a flashy V12 so it'll be too late.
Imagine you want to decide quite soon to ensure no paint fading or difference once they are removed.

Quote:
I'm happy with the trim I picked, it was the one item I was a bit worried about maybe looking a bit old manly. I'm still clinging onto my 30's by the skin of my teeth, Hehe. However I think it looks really good and suits the interior well.
A proper looker and oh so sleeper...(once the badges come off)...looks brilliant. Love the blue, imagine it is going to show the dirt and dust quite a bit but worth it for the colour...

Quote:
Not touched anything on iDrive yet so lots to go through there to set it all up as I'd want it. Interior lights for instance just as I got it which was the blue colour.
Noticed you were kind enough to use driver 2 profile and save the driver 1 for your guest friends from this forum...nice of you!

Quote:
Had half a tank of fuel and claimed it had something like 260 miles of range. Clearly it's not calibrated itself yet, I did about 5 miles to get home and just made it.

Didn't sleep amazingly well last night, excited like a kid. It'll be a heavy coffee day I imagine and probably a kip in the back at some point later on in the day...
that's with reserve don't forget! So 5.8 miles before reserve light goes on Hoping that you'll get decent mileage for the beast it is, will be interesting to see how you get on in that regard, worth it in any case...

Great to hear that you did max out the anticipation and enjoyment as that is what life is about, enjoying the moment. ^

Quote:
More impressions will have to come later. God damn work getting in the way of fun
Well, you could always call in sick...after all you must be feeling some symptoms of a light head and different sense of balance as well as motion sickness? (lighter wallet, giddy and trying to get used to the 'soft' luxury mode...

Quote:
Have you run yours in or you skipped that and drive it hard anyway?
Ha, appreciate you are asking this for other reasons but couldn't help but see the humour in this if you twist it to read "have you run it in properly or not and can I use that as an excuse to also skip it and really let loose! (I know you won't and that you care for it too much and will treat it well but the funny side did enter my mind when I read that!)

Love the pics, look forward to more...Please sir, I'd like some more

Stunning ride mate, very happy for you and also very much looking forward to hearing how your thoughts are for the first drives, weeks, uses, etc...feel free to just turn on the video and record the next 3 weeks of your life for us all!

Again, welcome to the 7, too late to turn back now...
      04-12-2018, 11:49 AM   #136
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
^ Great that you have it now, you've definitely had to be patient and did so with brilliant humour. ^ Welcome to the 7.
Thanks, just finished up work so will head out soon. Maybe a bite to eat first.

Quote:
Ah, well, if that's the only issue, drive down to Vienna and we can take it out for a ride here? It will help break it in and the weather is lovely here...
I don't remember getting my invite, I'm sure you must have sent it?

Quote:
Good that you could get the case, shame you had to ask and that indeed, this car doesn't get the lovely display key case that Arturo_spain received...mind you the price differential makes up for it!
Yeah I'll take the discount

Quote:
go on, brilliant to hear that you guys have this and that the car is evolving and I'll get this next time around...jealous but too right to use it! Watch out with the comfort plus mode....you'll get used to that very easily! Glad you are enjoying it already. ^
Yeah it is a lovely mode, your likely right but I want to give Adaptive a fair go as well. Sport a little but mainly wait until I've run it in or want to wake up all the children in the village

Quote:
Imagine you want to decide quite soon to ensure no paint fading or difference once they are removed.
Your right, I need to get it done soon.

Quote:
A proper looker and oh so sleeper...(once the badges come off)...looks brilliant. Love the blue, imagine it is going to show the dirt and dust quite a bit but worth it for the colour...
I suspect it'll be similar in that department to my Orange M5. You can never win really with regards to dirt, they all get dirty too quickly

Quote:
Noticed you were kind enough to use driver 2 profile and save the driver 1 for your guest friends from this forum...nice of you!
Well I had 3 remotes in the car all at the same time. I just customised the seating position, etc at the dealership for the most part then had to go. At lunch got back in and the seat and wheel all moved to a different position. I was Driver 3 with just the Display Key... I'll get it sorted out tonight. I did quickly add the car to BMW Connected Drive quickly as well.

Quote:
that's with reserve don't forget! So 5.8 miles before reserve light goes on Hoping that you'll get decent mileage for the beast it is, will be interesting to see how you get on in that regard, worth it in any case...
I'll do quite a bit tonight so likely I'll have to do my first fuel up as well though you never know.

Quote:
Great to hear that you did max out the anticipation and enjoyment as that is what life is about, enjoying the moment. ^
It's one of the finer things in life, what all this work is about after all so we can treat ourselves

Quote:
Well, you could always call in sick...after all you must be feeling some symptoms of a light head and different sense of balance as well as motion sickness? (lighter wallet, giddy and trying to get used to the 'soft' luxury mode...
Maybe but I'd told some I was getting my car so they'd work the game out

Quote:
Love the pics, look forward to more...Please sir, I'd like some more
Night time pics hopefully a bit later I think next

Quote:
Stunning ride mate, very happy for you and also very much looking forward to hearing how your thoughts are for the first drives, weeks, uses, etc...feel free to just turn on the video and record the next 3 weeks of your life for us all!

Again, welcome to the 7, too late to turn back now...
Thanks mate. I imagine when you move up a series at BMW it's just hard to ever drop back down. You never know but your spoilt up here at the top of the series ladder
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2018, 04:44 PM   #137
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

No more pictures at the moment. Did take a few however it was chucking it down and bit of a rush job, they aren't good looking back on them.

However I've driven around quite a bit tonight, done around 100 miles across all sorts of roads so have some very early impressions.

Laserlights

OK it's very obvious then these switch on and it's quite a difference. The regular high beam LED's when in a situation that these cannot come on are still great, just the additional distance is impressive. Very happy with that.

Night vision

Went down some country roads and around by some small out of the way villages and got to experience this twice. Had the display up occasionally and could see it marking humans out on the screen. Twice when there wasn't any pathment had people walking on the road it highlighted one and another that was even closer it flashed a beam on them twice plus gave me a human icon warning on the HUD. You don't need to be on the night vision display for it to be doing the detection, it's doing that all the time.

Night time ambience

It's a lovely place to be at night, the Sky Lounge really adds to it all nicely plus the lighting in the speakers is very swish with the swirls. With all the tech and lighting it's a great place at night, more so than in the day.

Suspension

I took the car with my eldest down some roads we'd done the night before in the M5, some very badly surfaced B roads where the limit might be 60 miles per hour but generally cannot do that because they are so uneven.

I had a very quick go in Sport but I'll avoid that probably mostly while I run it in. I'd say in terms of comfort levels it's around the Sport level of suspension on the M5. So in that car you've got Comfort, Sport and Sport+ on the suspension. So it's more firm than Comfort, not as hard as Sport+. So it's definitely setup for a Sporty drive I'd say when that's enabled.

Comfort Plus vs Adaptive. So this one is interesting and on more well surfaced roads I've not really tried both of them to make the call. However in my one night of driving so far, Adaptive on these poorly surfaced roads felt noticeably more comfortable. Comfort Plus couldn't deal with the poor surface as well. I mean it was comfortable but I'd say Adaptive was more like Comfort Plus Plus on those roads.

It controlled the cars movements better in a way that resulted in better comfort. Also it was better on the corners as Comfort Plus is the mode with the most body roll but Adaptive controlled that really quite well. I'm not sure if you need Executive Drive Pro before this really comes alive and probably on better surfaced roads it doesn't get a chance to do it's thing. I'll be trying this out some more as I run it in.

Body Roll

My opinion here so far still stands but I'm not flung it into corners like a nutter so probably not pushed it enough is all. However Comfort and Comfort Plus have a good amount of lean, not awful but not a sporty drive for sure.

Adaptive and Sport control this large car well however. My son also thought it was pretty well controlled from his seat.

Not saying it's the M5 but it's close enough that it'll be an enjoyable car to hussle I think still.

Length of the car

Tried 3 parking bays as I was going past some places to see about the length of the car. I think so far this was something that I need not have worried about so much. It's fine for the most part, maybe a little over the back of a space and a little sticking out the front but maybe other than a few places that are uber small bays it'll be fine.

Nothing else for now, looking forward to the weekend to do a trip. My wife was ill today so she didn't want to come out tonight but hopefully be better so we can have a family trip at the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2018, 06:10 PM   #138
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 730d M-Sport Carbon Black

looks amazing, i love that colour and it goes so well with the leather. really really nice bud!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 04:04 AM   #139
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I got my ConnectDrive services on and Remote 3D image all working now. Had a thought though because I've folded the wing mirrors in it must have to fold them out to take the image. As I know with the mirrors folded in it cannot do the side images on parking.

So I've just watched it on my CCTV as I asked for a new 3D Remote Parking image and sure enough the wing mirrors fold back out, it takes it's image and then they fold back in. Very cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyzer View Post
looks amazing, i love that colour and it goes so well with the leather. really really nice bud!
Thanks, I am happy with the colour combo and thankfully my concerns on the inlay were unfounded. I'd not even seen the leather before so the exact shade was unknown but it's all good. It all goes together really nicely in the end.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 06:45 AM   #140
cracker123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AstonMartin Virage, M6 GC

Congrats, great looking car. You should do a ceramic coating on this beauty.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 07:19 AM   #141
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker123 View Post
Congrats, great looking car. You should do a ceramic coating on this beauty.
+1 you saw what ceramic did on my carbon black, it would look even better on your colour!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 07:24 AM   #142
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah ceramic coating will go on very soon hopefully. Trying to workout the date for it today.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 04:44 PM   #143
Milemuncher
Rep
Drives: Mercedes SL

Congratulations! I’m sure it will be worth the wait and wish you many happy miles in it.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 04:50 PM   #144
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

No time for a big update at the moment however have a question.

According to the manual the cars warmed up and ready to drive properly once the temp gauge in the cluster has moved from cold. The icon however looks like a water gauge and not oil.

Driving it today just out of my village and onto a tiny bit of dual carriage way and I'd say I was up to temp on that gauge by nothing more than 1.5 miles odd. The M5 has an oil gauge and I'd probably have to be driving it for 10 minutes, 7+ miles say before the gauge even moved off cold.

I'm sure it warms up quicker from having the grill closed which the M5 couldn't do but is it really that much of a difference? I mean maybe I've missed it but I don't see any other temp gauges in the car so that's the only one.

What's people's opinion on this? Obviously got to run her in but do you drive it as you want just after a couple of miles? Maybe it's just the V12 and the diesels take longer to warm up?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 06:16 AM   #145
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
No other gauge or displays I know of for oil temp, it takes about 5 minutes or around 2-3 miles before mine goes off cold and indeed I don’t drive it hard at all until it is at least out of the first 1/8 (blue) area at least
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 06:44 AM   #146
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No other gauge or displays I know of for oil temp, it takes about 5 minutes or around 2-3 miles before mine goes off cold and indeed I don't drive it hard at all until it is at least out of the first 1/8 (blue) area at least
Thanks Pelo Cat. Just it warms up way quicker than other cars I've had. Guess the closed grill really does the job which is pretty cool.

Done a few more miles but just little local trips. Getting some paint protection on Monday sorted, ceramic coating will go on top of that with a detailed I know but about 3 weeks out. So not done too much this weekend until I've got it protected right.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 07:51 AM   #147
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Yeah, the ability to keep the heat in at start up is s good idea by BMW and it no doubt helps. Imagine it’s also that the temperature is fairly warm and this helps as well right now compared to a few weeks ago...you may find it takes longer in colder conditions...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 07:55 AM   #148
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah of course though even in hot summer days. Well as hot as they get in the UK it would take considerably longer than this car takes on 11 - 13C days. Just thought it was interesting, some of the shorter trips around Peterborough the M5 would only just got warmed up enough by the time I'd got to my destination on the other side of the city say.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 02:15 PM   #149
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Don’t get me wrong, it is interesting and good that it doesn’t take as long as a ‘normal’ G11/12 or the M5, not sure what they have done to achieve that or if indeed they have done it one purpose! May be that the M5 needed longer for a reason... Just wanted to say my G11 doesn’t need too long but doesn’t seem to be quite as quick as yours to warm up! (It’s also half the cylinders )
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 02:17 PM   #150
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
They probably knew that with that beautiful paint colour and the 760...it needed to warm up quickly or it would get car jacked! (Hoping you never have such issues of course and said in jest!)
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 03:09 PM   #151
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, it is interesting and good that it doesn't take as long as a 'normal' G11/12 or the M5, not sure what they have done to achieve that or if indeed they have done it one purpose! May be that the M5 needed longer for a reason... Just wanted to say my G11 doesn't need too long but doesn't seem to be quite as quick as yours to warm up! (It's also half the cylinders )
So one of the things with the M5 and also the 760 in fairness is they don't have fog lights because that space is also used for cooling. I guess all that's happening on the M5 is its cooling is working well, slowing the warm up of the engine down.

However close the front grills and you've cool the cooling on the 760 down a large amount. There's still the grills where the fog lights would be but that's a lot less air getting in. I think it's really good to be honest, the faster the engine warms up the better. Obviously it then handles keeping it at the right temp without issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 04:07 PM   #152
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
So, after a few days, has the car lived up to your expectations and anticipation so far or do you think you'd still have gone for the new M5 if it had the same deals as the 760?

Hope the car is exceeding your expectations, safe travels. ^
      04-15-2018, 04:13 PM   #153
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So, after a few days, has the car lived up to your expectations and anticipation so far or do you think you'd still have gone for the new M5 if it had the same deals as the 760?

Hope the car is exceeding your expectations, safe travels. ^
Yeah I'm completely in love with the car. I think if the offers put it the new M5 at the same cost then I'd still go for the 760 as I've already had an M5.

If the M5 was cheaper as it really should be that might make me think but ultimately as a complete package as a family car this is the better choice.

Still obviously in the honeymoon phase. A better judgement will be after a bit more time plus run it in so I can drive it fully (For a second or too before reaching the speed limit. Lol).

One of the female neighbours was having a PJ party yesterday, they all wanted to have a quick ride so I took them out quickly. I'd say a score of 4 females is a good pull for its first weekend.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 03:59 PM   #154
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Cars debadged fully now. I'll get some pics up soon hopefully but now probably most people have no idea what it is.
Appreciate 0