BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Lexus dealership vent...

We (my familY and I) went to a local Lexus dealer to purchase a GX470 for my uncle (he paid for it). This was gonna be shipped overseas because he's in Asia.

We signed the contract and paid in full a week later. When we wanted to pick up the car the salesman talked to his manager and they said we cant pick it up until we get a bill of lading. They were afraid that we would drive the car which we're not allowed to since we didnt pay for tax. However, we cant get a bill of lading until we get the title. So then they told us to bring proof (this was a Friday).

Then Monday we went to the shipping company and asked them for a letter which we brought back to the dealership and showed it to the salesman. He then had to ask his managers AGAIN about it. He spoke with a finance manager and was told "since they paid already and they have proof, just let them take the car". Then the idiot had to go and ask ANOTHER manager.

They basically said they needed a bill of lading. So after about an hour of waiting (we even had a tow truck there to tow it to the port), they said they will tow it there at 10 AM Wednesday for us. At that point they will give the title to the shipping company and collect the bill of lading. We reluctantly agreed and planned to be there to inspect the car once more before it's loaded off to a ship.

The next day (tuesday), we got a call from our tow person saying that he saw our car at the port already. I then called up the salesman and asked him about it to which he said "no the car is still here. they said Wednesday remember?" I said okay and let that go. Next day we wanted to stop by the dealership before they truck the car off to the port when we decided to give our contact at the port a call to let her know we were on our way. We also asked her about the car since it was already about 10:30 AM. She checked the VIN and told us that the car came to the warehouse YESTERDAY.

We went to the dealership and spoke with the GSM and he said "I thought we were doing you guys a favor so when my tow guy had a spot available, I told him to truck it out yesterday. Didnt ...(salesman's name) call you ??"
Well obviously he didnt and he even lied (or at least didnt even bother checking) about the car being trucked off. Then the salesman showed up and said "yeah they trucked it off yesterday. we still need a bill of lading though".

WTF??? he was supposed to call the lady before the car gets there so that she could give him a B of L when she's received the title. I swear to God this guy is a fucking idiot. So then I called my contact and she never even got a call from him (obviously). I asked her to fax over a B of L so they could release the title. The salesman told us to wait about 10 mins so they could get the paperwork done on the title. We went outside to look at other cars and came back in about 15 mins later. He went to "check on it" and told us "another 10 mins". While we waited (another 15 mins) he was walking around doing nothing and actually sat down at his computer and checked and replied to his emails on Yahoo!

I was pretty pissed off at that point so I told him "could you go check on it now?"
his reply was "they said 10 mins remember?"
me- "it HAS BEEN 10 minutes!!"
He went to retrieve the title and had us sign another piece of paper and we were on our way.

I thought LExus was all about customer service. I've heard good things about them and yet my first experience with them was so horrible. While we were outside looking at other cars the salesman was with us. Then his phone rang and he was talking to some chick (trust me it wasnt business) for like 10 mins. Then one time when my dad wanted to ask him a question and he just walked away and pretended like he didnt even hear him. Another time he showed us another car that he thought we might be interested in. After about a min or two of talking and about 10 seconds of silence he just walked away.

I thought this was the worst, and I meant TEH WORST, customer service EVER!! He was lucky that we didnt get a survey on it or else the people at Lexus would have heard all about this salesman and the customer service they have there.

Sorry for the long post- I didnt want to say anything but I had to vent (especially with that one thread that complained about BMW's services).
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
533ogetnom
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335coupe

should have raised hell and demanded those pink frosted donuts (drool i want to go to DD now) as compensation!

thats seriously sucks though, once they have the cash that dont give a dam about you most of the time :/

but really, i would have really forced the issue, i mean its none of their dam business about the tax
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 06:55 PM   #3
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

I wouln't be so pissed,

it's not like you have a normal request to ship a car overseas, I would bet that a sale like that is more trouble than it's worth for the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 07:31 PM   #4
heyitzkian
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Damn that's a bad customer service experience. Of course dealership experience's differ from one to another, but that is still not a excuse. I personally never had a problem with Lexus since I brought a car from them 5 years ago, they have been nothing but helpful. If I was you, I would have punched him in the f'n neck. Haha. Sorry to hear that you had to go through that but at least be glad that you never have to talk to that 'tard again.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 08:06 PM   #5
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
wow fuck that... and i thought lexus had good dealers... which one you go to? stevens creek?

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 08:13 PM   #6
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
the problem is with lexus they're not familiar with this service not unlike mercedes-benz and bmw. What you're describing is almost like diplomatic purchase for export, usually they will release the car on temp plates and the necessary paperwork will follow in a week's time. That is my experience with a friend who was taking an ML back home with her.

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 08:33 PM   #7
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
I wouln't be so pissed,

it's not like you have a normal request to ship a car overseas, I would bet that a sale like that is more trouble than it's worth for the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
the problem is with lexus they're not familiar with this service not unlike mercedes-benz and bmw. What you're describing is almost like diplomatic purchase for export, usually they will release the car on temp plates and the necessary paperwork will follow in a week's time. That is my experience with a friend who was taking an ML back home with her.

I dont know about MB and BMW as I've never dealt with them.
The thing is though, the salesman just told me "there was a guy who bought the exact same car as you a few weeks back and shipped it to Asia.".
Trust me, they actually went through all the "legal" stuff with me. THey pretty much explained why they cant just release it.

That's what pissed me off. If they didnt know the process I wouldnt blame them. The thing is that when I was there there were at least 3 people doing the same thing.

Eh well- next time I'll to a diff. dealer hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz
wow fuck that... and i thought lexus had good dealers... which one you go to? stevens creek?
Nah, it wasnt them. I dont want to say which dealer though. Just wanted to share the experience and vent a bit.
Appreciate 0