BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: Do you use your signal?
YES! Every single time! 35 67.31%
Sometimes, only when I see other cars around me. 15 28.85%
F*CK signaling! I'll do whatever I want! 2 3.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

05-23-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
MrFrizzle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '07 328xi

Do you use your signal?

I use it EVERYTIME. No cars, lots of cars, I use it. Changing lanes, turning, merging, I ALWAYS signal.

But, am I a minority?

EVERY FREAKIN DAY I come across assholes who don't signal. The interesting thing is, I can't group this type of people.
Men and Women. Old and Young. Shitty cars and expensive cars. I have come across all of them who don't signal.

There is really is nothing else that makes me angrier too. People cut me off blatently with any regard for me or anyone else. They don't even make the effort to switch their signal light on. Why? It pisses me off so much. When people constantly switch lanes and weave in a out of traffic without signaling, it makes me even angrier.

Ever since the first day I started driving, for everyone who doesn't signal, whether they cut off off or not, I honk my horn.. furiously. If they cut me off, I tailgate them and honk my horn of a good mile. Absolutely harrass them. The worst part is, I've done this, and peope still don't get the message.

Yeah, I know, this is a little too road rage-ish. Its all acting out of irrational emotion. But people who don't signal just make me so MAD! :mad:
      05-23-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
Nyulak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2009 BMW 535xi  [10.00]
Yes! I use my signals even when I pass somebody at extra legal speeds. I use it at night at four way intersections with no traffic. I use it wherever and whenever you are supposed to use them. They help to ensure everyone is on the same page while traveling!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
Dleo
Brigadier General
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFrizzle View Post

Ever since the first day I started driving, for everyone who doesn't signal, whether they cut off off or not, I honk my horn.. furiously. If they cut me off, I tailgate them and honk my horn of a good mile. Absolutely harrass them. The worst part is, I've done this, and peope still don't get the message.
You are kidding me right?

Im sorry to say it, but it will be a matter of time before you will have a rude awakening.

What pisses me off more then people not signaling is people who have road rage. Much more dangerous then someone not using a signal.

So you follow them, tailgate, and honk furious with your road rage? Heh dude grow up, you need to realize theres some people in this world with nothing to loose.
      05-23-2007, 02:37 PM   #4
MrFrizzle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '07 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dleo View Post
You are kidding me right?

Im sorry to say it, but it will be a matter of time before you will have a rude awakening.

What pisses me off more then people not signaling is people who have road rage. Much more dangerous then someone not using a signal.

So you follow them, tailgate, and honk furious with your road rage? Heh dude grow up, you need to realize theres some people in this world with nothing to loose.
lol I know, I admitted that it is totally out of rage and irrational emotion.
But yeah, if someone blatently cuts me off without signaling, I will tail get them and honk at them for maybe 10 or 15 seconds. Again, TOTALLY irrational, and probably stupid. But I feel better, haha.
      05-23-2007, 02:46 PM   #5
bmw0perat0r
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Austin Yellow

I wouldn't raise hell over the lack of a turn signal...chill a bit there. Back off and let them do their thing. I use my signal in most cases...but there are times I don't. If you continue to have some road rage there you'll eventually meet someone with a gun or that will give you some trouble back...like slamming on the brakes and blaming you for the accident...if you tailgate and honk your horn and display road rage, witnesses will hammer you and you will be SOL.

Some people will try to get ahead of me or block me if I use the signal...so to curtail that sometimes I move over without the signal so they don't think...oh man, i don't want this fellow in front of me - and speed up. Keep in mind that I wouldn't do this if they were so close it would be dangerous to manuever into the next lane.

I don't care if people use a signal or not...I'm paying attention enough to know or have an idea of what they will do next. I give people a wide birth and if they are in a hurry, get out of their way...b/c thats what I would hope people would do if i were. If someone cuts me off in a manner which could have resulted in an accident...then i'll honk.

DC area has worse traffic than New York according to Fox News - I deal with it everyday...you get to a point where you just don't care.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 02:48 PM   #6
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Always! Does anyone even know about pushing the lever half way and having the signal flash 3 times?

That's the best feature...you gotta love it.

Anways, I have Solaris Nevius bulbs...so my signals are white. That's probably the reason why I love using them constantly.
      05-23-2007, 03:03 PM   #7
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

i chose "yes", but there should really be another option for "most of the time", which is really my answer.
      05-23-2007, 03:07 PM   #8
cm3rc
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
: you harrass them by honking at them?
      05-23-2007, 03:29 PM   #9
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Another asshole almost killed me today.

Step 1. Slam on the brakes.

Step 2. Turn sharply to the left.

Step 3. I swerve out of the way to avoid certain death.

At least a turn signal ahead of time would have been a little courtious. The purpose of the turn signal is to let people around you know what going on so they don't crash into your stupid ass. WTF
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #10
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Alwz lo~ Try to be more safe and follow the rules.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #11
RokX
'07 E92 335i SOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Jeep SRT8, SC'd '06 GTO

The only time I don't use it every time is when I'm in a rental with the cheapo temporary hand control setup they use. Its quite the challenge to drive with them. On my 335, its a different story. Its almost reflex on that. Much much better setup, really nice expensive set down by the shifter. The only time I don't signal in that is when I don't see a car or headlights around me at all.
      05-23-2007, 05:17 PM   #12
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

allllways

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 05:18 PM   #13
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

OP i say you rename this thread, "Are you a safe driver?"

yes i always use my signals too
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 05:30 PM   #14
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

A traffic cop could be lurking, just watching for a wrong move. And there could be a car in your blind spot even when you think there is nobody. A look over the shoulder goes with the signal.

Now ask, "Do you always come to a complete stop at stop signs?" Think you will get some different answers. Certainly from me you will.
      05-23-2007, 05:47 PM   #15
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
A traffic cop could be lurking, just watching for a wrong move.
yep.

i saw this a couple times... i'm going back home late at night, around 2 or 3 in the morning. cars on the freeway are doing 75+. highway patrol passes by. guess who he pulls over? the car that didn't signal while making a lane change.
      05-23-2007, 05:59 PM   #16
DustinDallas
stud in a bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Cooper S

I do most of the time, but not always.
      05-23-2007, 06:00 PM   #17
e92phreak
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i TiAg/E46 323i TiAg

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
EVERY single time.
07 E92 335i | TiAg | Step | Padl | Cmft | Alum Trm | PDC | Nav | Assist | Sat | Lthr | Prem | Sprt | Rear Splr | RDSport Quads | iPod | V1 | LT Refl | VS Clear Bra | OEM Lip | KWV2 | Mtec Sides | BBS LM-R
00 E46 323i | TiAg | 5sp | Sport | Roof | RDSport Cams | RDSport tune | RDSport Shift | Volk LE37 | M3 spoiler | PSS9 | SuperSprint | Brembo
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 06:06 PM   #18
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Always. I don't mind so much if people cut me off, but even a gradual lane change with a reasonable amount of room w/o a signal pisses me off to no end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw0perat0r View Post
like slamming on the brakes and blaming you for the accident
Doesn't matter what they did, it's still your fault for following too closely (especially with the brakes on our cars).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 06:36 PM   #19
DustinDallas
stud in a bimmer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Always. I don't mind so much if people cut me off, but even a gradual lane change with a reasonable amount of room w/o a signal pisses me off to no end.
why? the signal is there to warn people behind/around you you're changing lanes. if they're way ahead, why would it matter.

not knocking ya..just curious because i sometimes dont signal if im way ahead of someone and just changing lanes.
      05-23-2007, 06:46 PM   #20
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinDallas View Post
why? the signal is there to warn people behind/around you you're changing lanes. if they're way ahead, why would it matter.

not knocking ya..just curious because i sometimes dont signal if im way ahead of someone and just changing lanes.
When I say reasonable room I mean 2 CL's

Quote:
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #21
DustinDallas
stud in a bimmer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
When I say reasonable room I mean 2 CL's
OH...gotcha. that would piss me off too.

I thought you meant you'd be pissed if thet were say..50 yards ahead and didnt signal.
      05-23-2007, 07:00 PM   #22
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinDallas View Post
OH...gotcha. that would piss me off too.

I thought you meant you'd be pissed if thet were say..50 yards ahead and didnt signal.
Nah. The worst is if there is literally 6 inches between their back bumper and your front and they don't signal. That gets them a nice long honk and a .

Quote:
Appreciate 0