BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

08-02-2023, 05:08 AM   #1
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Help Spec'ing 23 i7 or 760 -

Hey guys. New to the 7 but fell in love after getting a loaner for my ix that BMW is buying back from me.

Looking for a 760 or i7 to replace the ix. Scrambling to learn about have to haves, think I have a general framework. Please give your 0.02! Bolded the stuff I think I need that's giving me the most agita.

i7 vs 760 - price-wise, lean is i7 as it's sales tax free where i live (10k difference right there alone). driving dynamics roughly similar, but at speed relative weight of i7 may become a factor for acceleration and handling.

leather : extended or full, don't have much a say in the matter, unfortunately. gotta just grab what's out there. more extended than full, from what i can see

driving assistance pro: mandatory for me

luxury rear seating: would like, but mostly kids in back, can live without. not a
deal breaker

M sport: i want this.
M sport pro: i want this but hard to find for me

Wheels: prefer 21, but if get 20" benefit is having all seasons out the gate, which is a convenience (i'm accustomed to winter set ups, living in northeast, so can either try living with these year round or use these rims as winters, down the road if i change my mind re 20s)

Parking Assistance: Would like this, dont mind kidney grill lighting up feature being missing from M builds, it appears

Executive Package: Want this, but some are out there without Active Roll which to me seems mandatory for a vehicle of this size. Just my 0.02, especially so for i7 with added weight (albeit better weight distribution and lower center of gravity). Agree/disagree? Active comfort: Had this on an x7 didn't notice it doing anything. Worthwhile on 7?

Rear Exec Package: I want the screen so am ok with this package for the added features at a price o 2400 more than screen alone, but not a have to have.

BMW Individual Composition: Awesome if find full merino, as mentioned above, but not priorit personally.

Trims: No strong lean here. Can live with any available 21" setups

B&W: Want this
Theatre screen: Want this

Climate Glass: Ok if on it, but dont need it. Live in NE so not necessity.
Crystal headlights: Same, dont care

Appreciate your help in advance guys. General lean 23 vs 24 is that as I'm working with BMW on buy back (which has been approved) they may be more inclined to help me get a great deal on a 23 that is sitting somewhere. Already trading at 7% under with 3k incentive for loyalty, from what I understand (that's 13k under MSRP right there) - perhaps I can find another 7% from them, in addition to making me whole on the ix and accessories and make it close to an even swap. The ix was a disaster and I was patient and loyal. We’ll see

Last edited by ppagiga; 08-02-2023 at 05:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 10:49 AM   #2
toygar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw 740i

I just specked a 24 740.
When you add the rear luxury seat package executive and premium packages are automatically added.
Premium package adds acc stop & go . Thats enough for me for traffic.
Executive package adds crystal headlights automatic doors and extended merino leather automatically and some other creature comforts
Driver assistance pro adds self driving capability i believe. For another $2k on top.

If you dont care for reclining rear seats, dont add rear luxury seats package
Dont add premium and executive packages. These are around $9k
But for driveing assistance just add drive assistance pro for $2k instead
Appreciate 1
ppagiga668.00
      08-02-2023, 11:48 AM   #3
ppagiga
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toygar View Post
I just specked a 24 740.
When you add the rear luxury seat package executive and premium packages are automatically added.
Premium package adds acc stop & go . Thats enough for me for traffic.
Executive package adds crystal headlights automatic doors and extended merino leather automatically and some other creature comforts
Driver assistance pro adds self driving capability i believe. For another $2k on top.

If you dont care for reclining rear seats, dont add rear luxury seats package
Dont add premium and executive packages. These are around $9k
But for driveing assistance just add drive assistance pro for $2k instead
thoughts on active roll stabilization and active comfort road thing?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 02:42 PM   #4
toygar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppagiga View Post
thoughts on active roll stabilization and active comfort road thing?
There was no option regarding those i think.

They might be standart features.

One thing i wish i added was the msport brakes , i went with illuminated grill
So didnt opt in the msport pro which comes with all black trim grill & bigger brakes.
Appreciate 1
ppagiga668.00
      08-02-2023, 03:36 PM   #5
ppagiga
Major
Rep

Quote:

So didnt opt in the msport pro which comes with all black trim grill & bigger brakes.
both are in official exec package, but missing from many vehicles with that package

Last edited by ppagiga; 08-02-2023 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 05:06 PM   #6
Caveno
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 750

The crystal headlights are beautiful imo which comes in the exec package - so which includes massage seats. I wouldn’t skimp there. There was a problem with them fogging up on the 23MY, I assume it’s been fixed for 24.

The rear exec package I don’t care about - the only ones in the back will be my kids and the occasional business partner.

I did also get the B&W. My current 750 has it and I love it. A must have for me.

I don’t like the illuminated grill, so got the m sport just to get rid of it. And all season non run flat a must for me. I have the sport wheels on my 750 and I hate them. Rougher ride, more prone to getting flats and less durable. Who knows maybe I’ll be complaining about the lack of performance on my 24 but I do miss a tire I can put 50k miles on.

I don’t know much about the i7 - I’ll never buy an electric car.

Would like to know the issues with the iX? And why you think the i7 won’t have those same issues??
Appreciate 1
ppagiga668.00
      08-02-2023, 05:27 PM   #7
ppagiga
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveno View Post
The crystal headlights are beautiful imo which comes in the exec package - so which includes massage seats. I wouldn’t skimp there. There was a problem with them fogging up on the 23MY, I assume it’s been fixed for 24.

The rear exec package I don’t care about - the only ones in the back will be my kids and the occasional business partner.

I did also get the B&W. My current 750 has it and I love it. A must have for me.

I don’t like the illuminated grill, so got the m sport just to get rid of it. And all season non run flat a must for me. I have the sport wheels on my 750 and I hate them. Rougher ride, more prone to getting flats and less durable. Who knows maybe I’ll be complaining about the lack of performance on my 24 but I do miss a tire I can put 50k miles on.

I don’t know much about the i7 - I’ll never buy an electric car.

Would like to know the issues with the iX? And why you think the i7 won’t have those same issues??
For the love of god, does anyone have an opinion of how effective Active Roll and
Active Comfort Drive each are ?

you'll never buy electric - good to know. why would i expect the i7 to not have my issues? math/statistics

why are we discussing run flats lmao - no run flats offered

Last edited by ppagiga; 08-02-2023 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 07:06 PM   #8
Caveno
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 750

Quote:
For the love of god, does anyone have an opinion of how effective Active Roll and
Active Comfort Drive each are ?

you'll never buy electric - good to know. why would i expect the i7 to not have my issues? math/statistics

why are we discussing run flats lmao - no run flats offered
I looked at the configurater and active roll isn’t listed anywhere. Maybe it’s standard now. I have it on my 7 series, it uses the air suspension to keep the car level when making tight turns at high speeds. If you drive like grandma, and you seem a little cranky so this is likely, then you wouldn’t notice a thing with active roll. It improves handling when driving fast on curvy roads.

I don’t know what active comfort is.
Appreciate 1
ppagiga668.00
      08-02-2023, 07:20 PM   #9
ppagiga
Major
Rep

Quote:
I looked at the configurater and active roll isn’t listed anywhere. Maybe it’s standard now. I have it on my 7 series, it uses the air suspension to keep the car level when making tight turns at high speeds. If you drive like grandma, and you seem a little cranky so this is likely, then you wouldn’t notice a thing with active roll. It improves handling when driving fast on curvy roads.

caveno, no @#$ that's what it does. im asking for the perspective of someone who has driven either gas or electric with vs that corresponding vehicle without.

ty for what seems like a genuine attempt at help but at this point how you do you not understand my query? and if you don't know what active comfort is, you can't help. but ty again for trying. it's important to continue trying and to not lose hope
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 12:52 AM   #10
Laguna Beach
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i7 M60 Sport Pro

Lighten up Francis.
Appreciate 1
ppagiga668.00
      08-03-2023, 04:00 AM   #11
ppagiga
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Beach View Post
Lighten up Francis.
Ty
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 04:46 AM   #12
Gemini7866
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 i7

Garage List
2023 BMW I7  [10.00]
Quote:

Quote:

Active roll was in the previous executive package ..I have it
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
ppagiga668.00
      08-03-2023, 04:19 PM   #13
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Ty
ppagiga

I believe you are also in NJ. I am happy to have you check out/play with/drive our i7 x60 if you are nearby. We are in central NJ near Asbury.

I’m sorry you are dealing with issues with your iX and the buyback, however if you get 100% of what you paid on the iX and with todays lease incentives you will surely be in for a better financial picture with the i7 and a superior vehicle in my personal opinion. I was able to snag the i7 at $136k MSRP for 122.5k plus the 7500 lease credit. Deals are able to be had and I replicated this same deal on the exact same spec car at 3 different dealers nationwide. I took the PA deal as it was closest to home and didn’t require transport, and I could trade the x5 45e easiest against it. Tax free EVs in NJ also makes things very attractive.

We currently have both the iX M60 and i7 x60 both basically fully equipped. The i7 handles great for such a large land yacht. The acceleration is noticeably different in both vehicles and I would personally call the i7 and xDrive50 not 60 as bmw calls it and the M70 which I have not had the ability to drive the iX M60 equivalent in terms of acceleration. I could only imagine how terrible the i7 e50 acceleration is…. Likely like having an 740 with an in-line 6. Underpowered for such a large car in my opinion.

The xDrive60 is more than enough for me, but having the iX for 9 months prior I know what I’m missing when I want to play with sport mode and have a little more fun.

My spec is below. I bought off the lot for the first time in my bmw life lol! This was the only vehicle that I have not ordered all the max M-Sport available suspension options. This vehicle is without the active roll stabilization and without active road preview options. I can honestly say I’m not missing it, and I can still take hairpin off-ramps at 2x posted speeds without a ton of body roll. I could only imagine how much better the vehicle could be with both of these options!

PHP Code:
 Editions And Packages
S337    M Sports Package
S710    M Leather Steering Wheel
S7M7    BMW INDIVIDUAL INTERIEUR

Comfort 
And Interior Equipment
S407    Panorama Glass Roof
Sky Lounge
S416    Roller Sun Visor
Rear Lateral
S43D    Fine Wood Flake Oak Grey Metal
.high-Gl.
S453    Climate-Controlled SeatsFront
S465    Through
-Loading System
S46A    REAR MULTIFUNCTION SEATS
S4A2    Glass Application Crafted Clarity
S4FL    Travel 
Comfort Rail System
S4FM    Multifunction Seat Driver 
Fr.passenger
S4HC    Heat Comfort Package
S4T7    Massage 
Function F.driver Fr.passenger
S4U9    Acoustic Pedestrian Protection
S4V1    BMW ICONICSOUNDS ELECTRIC

Multimedia
S645    BMW US Radio
S655    Satellite Tuner
S6AC    Intelligent Emergency Call
S6AE    Teleservices
S6AK    Connected Drive Services
S6C4    Connected Package Professional
S6F1    Bowers 
Wilkins High End Sound System
S6FR    Fond Entertainment Experience
S6NX    Storage Tray Wireless Charging
S6PA    Personal ESIM
S6U3    BMW Live Operating Area Professional
S6U7    BMW Natural Interaction

Driver Assistance 
And Lightning
S5AP    Decoding Anti
-Glare High-Beam Assistant
S5AU    Driving Assistant Professional
S5AX    Motorway Assistant
S5DS    Emergency Release
Luggage Compartment
S5DW    Parking Assistant Professional

Wheels 
And Drive
S248    Steering Wheel Heater
S2VB    Tyre Pressure Display
S2VC    Tyre Repair Set
S2VH    Integral Active Front Steering

Environment 
And Safety
S302    Alarm System
S319    Integrated Universal Remote Control
S3DE    Omission Of Specific Design Scopes
S3DN    BMW Radiator Grille Iconic Glow
S3DZ    Omission Of Additional Lettering
Outer
S823    Hot
-Climate Version
S840    High Speed Synchronisation
S845    Acoustic Fasten Seat Belt Reminder
S853    Language Version
English
S8BK    Charging Socket Export
S8R9    Refrigerant R1234yf
S8SM    Car Ident
Number Visible From Outside
S8TN    Daytime Driv
.lights Adjus.via Light Menu
S8TT    DECODING ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS II

Individual Equipment
S760    High Gloss Shadow Line
S775    Headlining Anthracite

Other Equipment
S1FC    BMW Lt
-Alloy Wheel Star Spoke 908M STD
S925    Dummy
-SALAPA
S992    Control Of Number
-Plate Attachment
S999    Job Control 
"HEA"
S9KA    Dummy-SALAPA
S9T1    M SPORT EXTERIEURUMFAENGE
S9T2    M SPORT Interior Equipment
SA070    70 Ah AGM Battery 

Last edited by CaboM4; 08-03-2023 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
ppagiga668.00
      08-03-2023, 04:35 PM   #14
ppagiga
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4 View Post
ppagiga

I believe you are also in NJ. I am happy to have you check out/play with/drive our i7 x60 if you are nearby. We are in central NJ near Asbury.

I’m sorry you are dealing with issues with your iX and the buyback, however if you get 100% of what you paid on the iX and with todays lease incentives you will surely be in for a better financial picture with the i7 and a superior vehicle in my personal opinion. I was able to snag the i7 at $136k MSRP for 122.5k plus the 7500 lease credit. Deals are able to be had and I replicated this same deal on the exact same spec car at 3 different dealers nationwide. I took the PA deal as it was closest to home and didn’t require transport, and I could trade the x5 45e easiest against it. Tax free EVs in NJ also makes things very attractive.

We currently have both the iX M60 and i7 x60 both basically fully equipped. The i7 handles great for such a large land yacht. The acceleration is noticeably different in both vehicles and I would personally call the i7 and xDrive50 not 60 as bmw calls it and the M70 which I have not had the ability to drive the iX M60 equivalent in terms of acceleration. I could only imagine how terrible the i7 e50 acceleration is…. Likely like having an 740 with an in-line 6. Underpowered for such a large car in my opinion.

The xDrive60 is more than enough for me, but having the iX for 9 months prior I know what I’m missing when I want to play with sport mode and have a little more fun.

My spec is below. I bought off the lot for the first time in my bmw life lol! This was the only vehicle that I have not ordered all the max M-Sport available suspension options. This vehicle is without the active roll stabilization and without active road preview options. I can honestly say I’m not missing it, and I can still take hairpin off-ramps at 2x posted speeds without a ton of body roll. I could only imagine how much better the vehicle could be with both of these options!

PHP Code:
 Editions And Packages
S337    M Sports Package
S710    M Leather Steering Wheel
S7M7    BMW INDIVIDUAL INTERIEUR

Comfort 
And Interior Equipment
S407    Panorama Glass Roof
Sky Lounge
S416    Roller Sun Visor
Rear Lateral
S43D    Fine Wood Flake Oak Grey Metal
.high-Gl.
S453    Climate-Controlled SeatsFront
S465    Through
-Loading System
S46A    REAR MULTIFUNCTION SEATS
S4A2    Glass Application Crafted Clarity
S4FL    Travel 
Comfort Rail System
S4FM    Multifunction Seat Driver 
Fr.passenger
S4HC    Heat Comfort Package
S4T7    Massage 
Function F.driver Fr.passenger
S4U9    Acoustic Pedestrian Protection
S4V1    BMW ICONICSOUNDS ELECTRIC

Multimedia
S645    BMW US Radio
S655    Satellite Tuner
S6AC    Intelligent Emergency Call
S6AE    Teleservices
S6AK    Connected Drive Services
S6C4    Connected Package Professional
S6F1    Bowers 
Wilkins High End Sound System
S6FR    Fond Entertainment Experience
S6NX    Storage Tray Wireless Charging
S6PA    Personal ESIM
S6U3    BMW Live Operating Area Professional
S6U7    BMW Natural Interaction

Driver Assistance 
And Lightning
S5AP    Decoding Anti
-Glare High-Beam Assistant
S5AU    Driving Assistant Professional
S5AX    Motorway Assistant
S5DS    Emergency Release
Luggage Compartment
S5DW    Parking Assistant Professional

Wheels 
And Drive
S248    Steering Wheel Heater
S2VB    Tyre Pressure Display
S2VC    Tyre Repair Set
S2VH    Integral Active Front Steering

Environment 
And Safety
S302    Alarm System
S319    Integrated Universal Remote Control
S3DE    Omission Of Specific Design Scopes
S3DN    BMW Radiator Grille Iconic Glow
S3DZ    Omission Of Additional Lettering
Outer
S823    Hot
-Climate Version
S840    High Speed Synchronisation
S845    Acoustic Fasten Seat Belt Reminder
S853    Language Version
English
S8BK    Charging Socket Export
S8R9    Refrigerant R1234yf
S8SM    Car Ident
Number Visible From Outside
S8TN    Daytime Driv
.lights Adjus.via Light Menu
S8TT    DECODING ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS II

Individual Equipment
S760    High Gloss Shadow Line
S775    Headlining Anthracite

Other Equipment
S1FC    BMW Lt
-Alloy Wheel Star Spoke 908M STD
S925    Dummy
-SALAPA
S992    Control Of Number
-Plate Attachment
S999    Job Control 
"HEA"
S9KA    Dummy-SALAPA
S9T1    M SPORT EXTERIEURUMFAENGE
S9T2    M SPORT Interior Equipment
SA070    70 Ah AGM Battery 
what's up bud, remember you well from ix forums! yeah, you know, it's all good with the ix. nothing terrible happened, they're helping me move on. we'll see about the settlement. loved the vehicle while we had it. enough to put up with this issue for this long

can't thank you enough for all the above. meeting up super generous offer but unnecessary. maybe we can find another reason to down the road, though.

those hard numbers you gave me very helpful.. hadn't considered leasing, but seems like great option. money factor/resids reasonable?

any opinion of bmw Alexandria in VA? heard not good things from someone i trust, curious if happened to be place you dealt with. im looking around for rides, saw one out there that's not perfect spec but pretty good

Last edited by ppagiga; 08-03-2023 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 06:43 PM   #15
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
what's up bud, remember you well from ix forums! yeah, you know, it's all good with the ix. nothing terrible happened, they're helping me move on. we'll see about the settlement. loved the vehicle while we had it. enough to put up with this issue for this long

can't thank you enough for all the above. meeting up super generous offer but unnecessary. maybe we can find another reason to down the road, though.

those hard numbers you gave me very helpful.. hadn't considered leasing, but seems like great option. money factor/resids reasonable?

any opinion of bmw Alexandria in VA? heard not good things from someone i trust, curious if happened to be place you dealt with. im looking around for rides, saw one out there that's not perfect spec but pretty good
I have never dealt with Alexandria, but recently did a deal in Baltimore for a friends X3 that went very well (Passport) 7% off MSRP P1 order without broker.

I got my i7 out in Williamsport PA but the deal I replicated was at Kansas City and Wichita. I also found another one in Providence RI but they didn’t want to deal initially but were willing to take my deal after I already took delivery. I didn’t want the m sport pro because of the black grille and non-illumination. I would suggest you use vin decoders like mdecoder.com to see when it was built and work deals on “stale” inventory.

The i7s don’t seem to be selling so you should be able to work good discounts.

I personally don’t keep a car longer than 3 years so leasing at a good negotiated price with a favorable residual and money factor is always the way to go. I only bought the iX and X5e to get the $7500 tax credit each time. Now that they are passing the credit to leases it’s a no brainer, my $117k iX isn’t worth $80k right now so I would never buy an ev in. This market given these nose dive depreciations when favorable leases are a thing now.

During covid I didn’t have a choice. I bought my iX from Anchorage AK to not pay an adm above msrp and get executor equipped as I wanted it (delivered to local dealer 9mi away at no cost), tables have turned. My i7 with $0 down is $1750 a month. Similar I7s are up to $2200 monthly. I had originally did a one pay lease to take advantage of the money factor discounts, but the dealer messed up the paperwork with old version of the lease agreement and bmw now redid the language on the lease agreement so your one pay unearned revenue is not refundable in a gap scenario, so I renegotiated lease with current programs, got refunded the upfront monies paid, invested in 5.15% CD and a converted to monthly, so current programs are very favorable. Basically a $136k vehicle for $62k all in (fees, registration, etc) for 3 years and 15k annually, so do your homework on the new vehicle you are working towards.

Fortunately I have a pickup truck and a work SUV in addition to the iX, so I could have walked away and reworked a deal elsewhere if the dealer tried to screw me. With trying to resign a new lease agreement 5 weeks after delivery. I didn’t need their car.

At the end of the day if you want to buy the car, lease it anyway to ge the $7500 tax credit that you couldn’t qualify for in any other way, and then buy it out 2 weeks later when your BMW FS account is setup with a payoff quote. No early pay penalties.
Appreciate 1
ppagiga668.00