BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > Classifieds: For Sale / Trade / Wanted

02-02-2015, 03:41 PM   #23
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Took quite a few pictures of this blue BMW E39 M5 sedan in various lighting conditions and angles to show how the tint/smoke material that I use for the lights look. The owner of this car had me lightly smoke and tint both the head and tail lights of his car with my film material. As you can see, indoors, the smoke shade is more noticeable, but once outside in the sun, the tint film gives it a very nice subtle slightly darker shade/look to the lights. In addition to changing the look of the lights, the film also protects the lights from fading and rock chips/pits. The owner of this car drove from Westminster to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the tint work done on his lights.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - Passenger/right side stock:

Passenger/left side stock - Driver/right side tinted/smoked:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2015, 08:35 PM   #24
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Although it’s more common to see 3 series and 5 series guys getting their roofs wrapped, I still think that the gloss black roofs on a bigger bodied car like this alpine white BMW F01 740i sedan still gives the car both a very luxury and sporty look at the same time. We went with the gloss black for his roof and also did both side roof rails that ran from the bottom of the front windshield all the way to the rear windshield. The owner of this car was from around Costa Mesa and came out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 05:33 PM   #25
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

For some reason I forgot to take pictures of the rear bumper diffuser piece before wrapping it, but I had someone request a picture/example of how a black diffuser would look on the rear of a 2015 F82 M4 coupe. The owner of this Alpine White M4 had me wrap the rear center diffuser section in my gloss black vinyl material, to give the car a slightly more aggressive look. The owner of this car was also in Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to have the vinyl work done. This is a good option for those who want a slightly more aggressive look without going an aftermarket route and also being able to go back to the stock/factory color as well.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 02:14 PM   #26
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this car worked down the street from us in Anaheim Hills over at VMR wheels. He brought his car by to have me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim on his Alpine White F22 235i 2 door coupe. We went with gloss black on his window trim to give it the factory OEM look. Before blacking out the chrome window trim, it stood out quite a bit. After applying a gloss black vinyl film over it, it toned it down, complimenting his tinted windows fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 01:18 PM   #27
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I had some people request for pictures of how it looks like if the side roof rails were not done. For this grey/silver BMW E92 335i coupe, I blacked out the roof with my gloss black vinyl material, to give it the panoramic roof look. In addition to the roof, I also applied a clear yellow film to the fog lights of the car. The gloss black roof maintains a factory OEM look and on a darker colored car, it creates a nice subtle effect and change to the car. The owner of this car came out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 12:13 PM   #28
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this alpine white F12 650 or 640 coupe was from Diamond Bar and came over to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have me do the car wrap on his car. We went with my gloss black vinyl material for the roof of his car, to complete the glass panoramic look for the car. The owner decided to leave the roof rails white and did not have me vinyl wrap them along with the rest of the roof for this car wrap.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 04:14 PM   #29
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

This is a bit different, but I know you guys seeing more pictures of various and different type of wrap jobs than the regular roof, trim, etc wraps. I did a partial car wrap for the top half of this 2013 white Land Rover LR4 HSE. For this car wrap, we did the top half of the car in 3M 1080 gloss black vinyl material. I believe the owner of this car said that it’s suppose to resemble how the new Range Rover Autobiography editions come from the factory. I took two pictures of the during vinyl wrapping process, to show you guys how what it looks like during the transformation. The owner of this car was in Irvine and came out to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the car wrap done for his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 01:06 AM   #30
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I always do enjoy having modified cars come by to have work done on their cars. The owner of this carbon black BMW E39 M5 came by to have me apply my light tint material to his whole tail light. This is the same material/shade that you see me using in all of my previous pictures of tinted tail lights. It may appear slightly lighter on this specific car, but that's because on darker colored cars (IE black, dark grey, etc) the contrast between the tint shade and the car is not as big, so it'll appear lighter than it does on lighter colored cars (IE white, silver, etc). He drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

Left/driver side tinted - Right/passenger side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 11:17 AM   #31
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

From big car wrap jobs to small car wrap projects, we do them all. The owner of this brand new Estoril Blue BMW F30 335i sedan came by to have me apply a gloss black vinyl car wrap to the lower side portions of his front bumper. This gave it a black front splitter effect, but maintaining the stock factory OEM BMW lines and curves of the bumper. The advantage to this as well is that it is completely reversible without any affects on the paint. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 03:06 PM   #32
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Even small subtle changes to the car can change the look of the car. The owner of this silver BMW F10 M5 sedan brought his car by to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have me apply some gloss black vinyl car wrap to the small chrome inserts on his door handles. Everything else on the car was already blacked out except for these pieces, so by blacking these out, it completed the look of the car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 12:29 PM   #33
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

This is a long time customer of mine that has had me worked on several his past/previous cars. The owner of this X6M had me lightly tint the tail lights of his car with my light tint/smoke vinyl film. The lighting wasn't that great, but hopefully you guys can see the back to back comparisons between the before and after pictures. The owner of this car was located in Irvine/Orange County. I like this light tint film shade, because it gives the car a very OEM+ look and looks good on both a stock car or a modified car.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 08:03 PM   #34
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

For this red Ferrari 458 I plasti dipped the front, rear, and top engine lid emblems/badges. I also blacked out the amber portion on his front bumper with my gloss black vinyl. For such a simple change, it really changed the look of the car quite a bit. Since there were no other chrome pieces on the car, after blacking out those chrome badges, it gave the car a sportier and more aggressive look, while cleaning up overall look of the car as well. The owner of this car was local to me and brought his car out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the plastic dip and vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 01:36 PM   #35
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

This is one of the cars that I did during my last trip up in norcal/bay area in March to do some vinyl wraps. The owner came out to me to have the vinyl work done that I was doing in San Mateo at the Fatlace warehouse. For this dark metallic green BMW E92 328i sedan, I wrapped the roof and chrome window trim of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. The gloss black roof is a subtle touch to this darker colored car. The chrome window trim on his car was fading and oxidizing, so the gloss black wrap really cleaned up the look of the car and hide the old faded chrome window trim pieces fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 12:20 PM   #36
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this alpine white BMW E9- M3 sedan came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. The black roof really completely changes the look of the car, as you can see in the before/after pictures. The vinyl gets tucked in every where along the roof, rails, and antenna, during the installation. This makes sure that the roof holds longer over time and to the elements. The owner of this car was also in Orange County and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 12:32 PM   #37
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

This is a returning customer who had me previous lightly tint the tail lights on his E92 M3. This time he had me come back to do the tail lights on his Audi V10 R8 as well. The film that I use is a fairly light shade, which is dark enough to give it a nice noticeable change and also still maintain a factory/OEM look. The owner of this car was in Irvine/Orange County near where I was so I dropped by his house to do the tail lights for his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 11:54 AM   #38
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Originally the owner of this silver/grey BMW F06 650i gran coupe sedan came by to have me lightly tint/smoke the tail lights of his car with my vinyl car wrap material. He had previously had his roof wrapped by another company. I asked him if he opted to leave the roof rails unwrapped or if the company who did his roof simply did not wrap it for him. He told me that he didn't even know it was an option that you could wrap the roof rails, since the other wrap company said it was not possible. So in addition to lightly tinting his tail lights, I also wrapped the two side roof rails in gloss black to match the rest of the roof. The owner of this car drove from Los Angeles out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have the vinyl car wrap work done.

Before:

During:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 08:24 PM   #39
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this car actually had me work on his car twice on the same day. He originally brought his white BMW 535i F10 sedan to have me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim on his car with my gloss black vinyl material to give it the sport package/shadow trim look. After he saw how the gloss black window trim looked, he actually came back and ended up having me wrap his vertical B pillars in gloss black as well, to match the rest of the gloss black window trim. The owner of this car was from Pasadena/Los Angeles and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have the vinyl car wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 11:50 PM   #40
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

It's been several months seen I have had a chance to post some pictures. Been extremely busy, so haven't had a chance to post some of the work/cars that I have been doing. The owner of this white Lamborghini Hurrican brought his car by to black out the amber reflectors on the front and rear bumpers of the car. In addition to blacking those pieces out, I also plasti dipped the rear Lamborghini badge in matte black to basically get rid of the only chrome piece on the vehicle's exterior. Overall, the work done was fairly simple, but these small changes still changed the look of the car up and gave everything a nice black and white color scheme. The owner of this car brought his car to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl and plasti dip work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 10:25 PM   #41
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

There are a lot of people out there that would say gloss black roofs look the best on white cars, due to its contrast. Well, the same can almost be said for darker colored cars that get their chrome / brushed aluminum window trims blacked out.

I forget the exact name of the color of this metallic blue BMW E92 328 coupe, but as you can see in the before/after pictures. Simply blacking out the chrome window trim changes the look of the car completely. I used my gloss black vinyl material for the window trim, to give it the factory sport package look. The owner of the car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange county from Cerritos to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 10:42 AM   #42
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I think a lot of people believe that I only work on local cars, however, I actually have good amount of non-local or out of state customers as well who ship me parts to have wrapped. The most common items that I have people send to me to have wrapped are interior trim pieces.

For this particular non-local customer, they removed and shipped me their interior trim pieces to have me wrap it in the 3M Di noc matte carbon fiber vinyl material. The original finish was wood, which was a bit older and worn out, so the owner wanted to change up the look of his interior and clean it up at the same time. I only took pictures of the larger more complex pieces, just to show the level of detail that is involved in the wraps that I do.

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 09:58 PM   #43
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I do not get to post as many installed interior car wraps mainly because actually most of my interior wraps are from non-local members who ship me their interior trim pieces to wrap.

However, in this case, the owner of this E90 328i sedan came by to have me take care of every part of the process of the interior wrap for their car. Every piece that is being wrapped is removed from the car and individually wrapped. I take special care and attention to the rounded corners and edges of every piece, to make sure the vinyl will hold up over time.

For the interior of this car, we went with the 3M gloss carbon fiber finish, to give it that factory BMW carbon fiber interior look that’s typically available as an option or more commonly seen on E90 and E92 M3s. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from near Mission Viejo to have the vinyl car wrap done on the interior.

I tried to take some pictures of the interior indoors and outdoors to give a better perspective of how the material looks in different lighting. However, some of the pictures didn’t come out as well as I had hoped, but hopefully you guys are still able to see the details of the wrap.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 10:39 AM   #44
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Surprisingly, this is becoming more of a common occurrence, even on fairly new cars (5-7 years old). I used to see this kind of issue more on Hondas and Acuras, but apparently a lot of black BMW E60 5 series have been showing up with similar issues in their paint. This black BMW E60 550 sedan had me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material to help cover up the oxidizing and fading factory paint. The gloss black wrap is a fairly close match to the gloss jet black finish of the BMW's factory paint, making this a cheaper alternative to having to repaint the whole roof. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Oceanside / San Diego to have the vinyl wrap done on his roof.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0