BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

03-14-2017, 02:36 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Question "Engine Oil Reset Impossible"...

So I just had my Oil changed at my Indy and even though they believed they had reset my interval notification, I just noticed that when I go into iDrive and Service Menu, it shows "Unable to determine Oil Level"
However, the "ALL SYSTEMS OK" also shows.

So when I access the 'Odometer hidden menu' that allows you to manually reset the Oil, Brake, and Service Reset, it show: "Reset of Engine Oil Reset Impossible"

Any ideas...
      03-16-2017, 12:53 AM   #2
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
So I just had my Oil changed at my Indy and even though they believed they had reset my interval notification, I just noticed that when I go into iDrive and Service Menu, it shows "Unable to determine Oil Level"
However, the "ALL SYSTEMS OK" also shows.

So when I access the 'Odometer hidden menu' that allows you to manually reset the Oil, Brake, and Service Reset, it show: "Reset of Engine Oil Reset Impossible"

Any ideas...
Hey TX, the reset may not be possible unless/until the system verifies electronically that there is enough oil the first place.

Get the car running at speed and then go through idrive and see if the oil level now appears.

Once it shows up graphically at the proper mark via idrive, then go into the hidden menus and perform the reset.

All should be well.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 01:57 PM   #3
MarcelMarcel
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 750i

Hi TXSTYLE, im new here and i was following up on the situation with your BMW about the recall you mentioned for N63 twin turbo. I just spend over $6000 on my 2011 750i to repair the turbo lines cooling and pumps also the cover gaskets and my car still smoke coming out the muffler, mostly when the engine is running in park position, so i asked BMW service department, why is my car still burning oil and their answer was, that is a different problem caused by some seals inside the engine. How do i submit to this RECALL ? link? or where to go! Thanks for your time TXSTYLE.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 02:19 PM   #4
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcelMarcel View Post
Hi TXSTYLE, im new here and i was following up on the situation with your BMW about the recall you mentioned for N63 twin turbo. I just spend over $6000 on my 2011 750i to repair the turbo lines cooling and pumps also the cover gaskets and my car still smoke coming out the muffler, mostly when the engine is running in park position, so i asked BMW service department, why is my car still burning oil and their answer was, that is a different problem caused by some seals inside the engine. How do i submit to this RECALL ? link? or where to go! Thanks for your time TXSTYLE.
Welcome to the Fest!

I am sorry to hear about your issues.

If you have lurked here for anytime, you have surely seen my thread here:
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1076902

It is the most informative based on other members feedback and issues as well. I wish I had the answer to your concern. I have never had smoke from my car thank goodness.
I strongly suggest you check to see if your VIN is effected by the BMW CCA via their website to see if you qualify for reimbursement for the money you paid for these repairs! Then get BMW customer service involved if your car is covered and check if the smoke issue can be included.

Good luck...

- Marcus
      04-28-2017, 03:15 AM   #5
MarcelMarcel
Registered
Rep

Bmw CCA needs a membership but i thought you said there is a recall on N63 engine. right? after spending $6k plus.. My car still smoking only when it's running in park. lol
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 03:16 AM   #6
MarcelMarcel
Registered
Rep

I forgot to thank you for your time!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 10:47 AM   #7
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcelMarcel View Post
Bmw CCA needs a membership but i thought you said there is a recall on N63 engine. right? after spending $6k plus.. My car still smoking only when it's running in park. lol
Well, IMO, it should be referred to as a "Recall" but BMW does not agree. As I said before, check if your VIN is part of the N63 Repair Campaign. I don't have the link handy but it is around here or you can search it. There is no 'membership' involved. If your VIN is part of it, you can have your car repaired by BMW for the items listed by them: fuel injectors, timing chain, vacuum lines, etc. That thread I linked above is where you should be searching for the best answers.
      05-03-2017, 12:55 AM   #8
MarcelMarcel
Registered
Rep

BMW N63

Thank you so much for your time and i will definitely follow your advice.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 11:17 AM   #9
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

I completely forgot to update you all that I resolved this issue via the Carly app and cable. A member from another forum swung by and did it. I will now be purchasing this item myself.