BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

07-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
is300wrx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

2010 750Li xdrive

I recently picked up a CPO '10 750Li xdrive and I love the way it cruises. The car has slightly over 27k miles with premium, convenience, and luxury packages. Also has soft closing doors (not sure if it's standard feature) and heated steering wheel. Picked it up for $48,700k and bmwfs willcover first two payments up to $750 each, dropping the sale price to $47,200. How did I do?

The front bumper has been "resprayed" by the dealership, but there is a huge scratch on the right underside of the front bumper. The corners of the headlight looks like they tried to buff out a deep scratch and the surface is hazy. I think I can buff out the hazyness on the headlight, but I think the front bumper needs to be resprayed. I'm going to take it into a reputable body shop I have worked with in the past.

How much do you think this will cost? Also,I noticed the edges of the doors have paint chipped from probably opening the doors into walls/other cars. I'll probably have the shoptake care of these as well.

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
GeoX750Li
Rep
Drives: BMW 750Li X-Drive

Sounds like a crazy good deal. My car with 43K miles was $50K in February.

The nose of my car had a bit of rash like it had seen a lot of highway miles. A top shop in Chicago area quoted $800 to remove and spray the nose of the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
is300wrx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoX750Li View Post
Sounds like a crazy good deal. My car with 43K miles was $50K in February.

The nose of my car had a bit of rash like it had seen a lot of highway miles. A top shop in Chicago area quoted $800 to remove and spray the nose of the car.

Thanks for the info, I'll be shopping around this week and hopefully get this fixed asap.
Appreciate 0