BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

06-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #1
750iHelp
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 750i

Please help. Parking brake malfunction. Will Venmo $100 to whoever solves my problem

Hi guys, I am in desperate need of help in fixing an issue with my 2007 750i. Any help is greatly appreciated. I will try to keep this as short as possible.

8 months ago I attempted to engage my automatic parking break and I received a "parking brake malfunction" error message. After tons of research, I figured out the plastic gear in the actuator was broken. I ended up replacing the plastic gear with a new metal/stainless steel? gear.
The car sat at my parents house for approximately 3 weeks while I waited for the part and OBD to arrive (inspection expired in April so I didn't want to drive it). Once I received my Foxwell Obd, I turned the car on and received a low battery warning. I have since driven the car enough to charge the battery back up to 100% (verified with AutoZone)

Upon plugging in the OBD scanner, I was able to clear the parking brake malfunction code, however, I now have a new error message. The new error message is "parking brake fault" and "dbc malfunction." When i scan the car, the code is error 6023 "wheel-speed sensor." I purchased 2 new rear wheel speed sensors and replaced the old ones and I still have these errors.
I am at a total loss for words and money. Please help me. I'm afraid to drive the car in fear of something else breaking. Any help will be greatly appreciate. Thank y'all so much!

I have detailed the codes that I am receiving below. Please please please help me. I swear on everything I will Venmo $100 to whoever helps me clear these codes on my own, I put that on everything. I really don’t want to have to take the car to the bmw stealership.

A3BA - No message from parking brake receiver
9CAC - Brake light switch faulty
5EAB - DSC - Wheel Speed Sensor (rear right)
5F00 - DSC - Brake signal from engine control unit
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 08:24 AM   #2
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
You're more likely to get help in E65 (I think that's right model) forum than here. G11/12 are from 2016 on.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 08:49 AM   #3
750iHelp
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 750i

I apologize for posting in the wrong forum. I will delete this post and post it in to the correct forum. Thanks for making me aware.

Could a mod please delete this thread? I have no clue how to do it or i would do it myself.

Last edited by 750iHelp; 06-19-2018 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 0