BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

09-04-2023, 01:27 PM   #1
JellyStyle
Builder of Special Cars
Rep
Drives: G12 B7,F02 750li,E70 X5M,E46M3

New CCV setup for N63

Built this with a friend, he machined all the fittings and connections, then used AN lines for it. We installed the vacuum valve lower on the engine crank case side, so its out of the way.

This is a direct bolt on for the N63, uses the brass filter catch can setup, so it actually works unlike others ones, this looks OEM hence why we put so much time into it.

We're selling them for our cost, so that we can recoup the aluminum stock we bought and also to share the love, it was a project to learn the use of the CNC Mill, as you can see, it went well. ha

PM me if you want to learn more.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2023, 11:49 PM   #2
jodda83
Rep
Drives: bmw 750 n63

Great set up, def a must mod for the oil catch can, one day I will have mine like yours, first I have to make it start right. Lol
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 08:07 AM   #3
Jlexbak72
Rep
Drives: 2012 750 lxi m sport

I really want this setup! Looks so clean!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 10:31 PM   #4
Rcman292
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 750i xDrive

Fitment? Purchase

Will this set up fit a N63 non-TU? I have a 2012 750i xDrive with 71k miles. The bottom hose blew off causing a ton of misfires. Changed coils and plugs on passenger side. Was just about to give up on fixing myself when I realized the hose under the intercooler had blown off. I got it pushed back on and seems to be fine, but when I watch live data, #1&#4 misfire counts are still slowly rising. I'm wondering if the ccv is beginning to fail, causing excess backpressure? Also, the oil cap has a ton of suction when trying to open. All input is welcome and I look forward to learning from everyone else's experiences. I do all my own wrenching. I build engines. I'm a manual Machinist by trade so I don't mind building things if I have to. I'm just new to the N63 platform and I'm hoping to keep this thing running smoothly for as long as possible. Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 10:39 PM   #5
JellyStyle
Builder of Special Cars
Rep
Drives: G12 B7,F02 750li,E70 X5M,E46M3

Yes it will work for the TU.
Yea the vaccum issues might be related to ur flaps going bad, which you’ll need to replace them on both sides anyway if you go with a Catch can. Look at geniunebmwparts.com for the best pricing hands down or you can roll the dice with china copies and they will break.

Bad flaps will cause misfires along with vacuum issues
Appreciate 0