BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

09-14-2023, 04:01 PM   #1
mike white
whwatx
Rep
Drives: 2020 750i Xdrive

want to ditch my run flats and change to a taller tire.

I'm sure some of you changed your tires to non RFs. Do you just roll the dice on having a flat or do you have a spare tire kit? I'm having trouble finding one for my 2020 750i x drive. Any ideas?

other issue:

I have 21" wheels with 30 series tires, has anyone changed to a 40/45 without a problem or warranty issue?

Any info would be appreciated, thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 07:37 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

I switched and for back up got AAA road side service and purchased the BMW mobility kit (ai compressor w/built in tire sealant canister) and a tire plug kit.

I’ve had multiple tire issues with nails etc…which were all slow leaks. The air compressor has all I’ve needed to pump the tire back up to get home, to work, or to my tire place (Discount Tire) where I’ve either gotten the tire repaired or replaced (I also paid for the certificates to get free replacement).

There are many 12v air compressor kits if you don’t want to pay for the BMW branded one…and again, a tire plug kit and can of tire sealant (slime) can be picked up many places.

Most tire issues are usually not complete blow outs…and sidewall punctures are usually rare, too. These are the emergencies that will probably require roadside service (blow out or sidewall puncture)…because only a tire replacement will fix these issues.

A slow leak puncture…the air compressor should get you to safe place where you can either remove the tire or drive to a shop to get it looked at. If you have a fast leak, then the tire sealant/slime or tire plug should get you home or to a safe place.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0