BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

10-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #1
terrainx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

Remote Control Parking (Anyone taken delivery)

Looking to hear from 17 owners who have actual (1st hand) experience. Would like to understand what settings are in play when lets say you want to have the car drive into a space (garage). Do you have to be straight shot into the space .. does car auto correct (ie - you map where you want it to park or..)
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
oshevtsov
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90/E60/F10/F15/F16/F32/G11

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrainx View Post
Looking to hear from 17 owners who have actual (1st hand) experience. Would like to understand what settings are in play when lets say you want to have the car drive into a space (garage). Do you have to be straight shot into the space .. does car auto correct (ie - you map where you want it to park or..)
The car has to be positioned at a maximum angle of 10° to the selected parking space. The maximum distance the car can drive forward or reverse is 1.5 times the length of the car.

Parking procedure is quite slow. You need to shutdown the car and leave it, press one button on display key (and keep it pressed until the end of the process), tap on the screen of the display key, then the car will think some 5 seconds, then it will start the engine, then on the display key you select whether to go forward or to reverse, the car starts moving slowly and stops either when obstacle is detected, or when you release the button on the display key, and then you select 'turn off engine'.

Well, I tried it 3-4 times. It works, but I would only use it in extremely narrow parking spaces (those where I absolutely cannot open the door and leave the car). Otherwise it is toooooooooo slow and cumbersome...
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 03:03 PM   #3
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 730d M-Sport Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshevtsov View Post
The car has to be positioned at a maximum angle of 10° to the selected parking space. The maximum distance the car can drive forward or reverse is 1.5 times the length of the car.

Parking procedure is quite slow. You need to shutdown the car and leave it, press one button on display key (and keep it pressed until the end of the process), tap on the screen of the display key, then the car will think some 5 seconds, then it will start the engine, then on the display key you select whether to go forward or to reverse, the car starts moving slowly and stops either when obstacle is detected, or when you release the button on the display key, and then you select 'turn off engine'.

Well, I tried it 3-4 times. It works, but I would only use it in extremely narrow parking spaces (those where I absolutely cannot open the door and leave the car). Otherwise it is toooooooooo slow and cumbersome...
All I know is that it freaks the bejesus out of me and my friends whenever I show them on my drive
Appreciate 0