BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

03-28-2015, 06:41 AM   #45
Pure
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i EB , RR Ghost Black D

I think it's M770i ​​with a V12 6.0 liter 600 HP/680 ft-lb...This same engine could also serve to Rolls Royce...It would be better 6.0 l instead of 6.6 l displacement.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 09:23 AM   #46
Enilder
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortressmaximus View Post
They should have made it look like this. This is a really good looking car.
Wow. This or S-class. I've yet to feel the "presence" from 7-series models...S-class has been dominating in that department.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #47
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sako View Post
Scott, can I get a word from you about Pullman competitor?
Especially now that MB released S600 Pullman, and that rumored A9 from Audi.

See: http://www.7post.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=369
At our symposium the past week before we gave a preview of our new concept model we gave a speech to why this model exists and why we have committed to such a vehicle. Many feel that the BMW brand can be extended to the premium luxury segment that is above the 7er which is why we created the Vision Future Luxury which came on to the stage. And especially we commenced on how we took the car global to show perspective customers our vision for a new series of BMW. The response was all positive because the customers felt BMW was about driving and no one could actually drive the Maybach themselves without being mistaken for the Chauffeur. The BMW on the other hand shows that it can be driven by the owner as well as having it being driven by their Chauffeur. People were positive regarding that because that is the philosophy of a BMW.
Both vehicles can be considered as twins but with one objective to take advantage of the high premium market and bridge BMW to Rolls-Royce.

Another interesting feature is BMW owned Rolls-Royce are not particularly concerned about the Maybach. As the RR owner sees the same thing we do its just an elongated S-Klasse. The S-Klasse is the leader of the Affordable luxury segment it is not challenging the RR models for sales in fact customers are upsizing from other segments , hardly anybody is downsizing especially Bentley and Rolls-Royce. One RR customer stated that when they step from the jet after a long flight they don't want to step into another jet.

Pullman will appeal to the customer that needs to showcase every materialistic aspect of their life whether a celebrity , president or dictator.
I would prefer the Phantom it has a sense of occasion without being ostentatious it is the best luxury car in the world.
Attached Images

03-28-2015, 11:28 AM   #48
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortressmaximus
They should have made it look like this. This is a really good looking car.
+1
      03-28-2015, 12:28 PM   #49
Sako
Registered
Rep
Drives: L7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
At our symposium the past week before we gave a preview of our new concept model we gave a speech to why this model exists and why we have committed to such a vehicle. Many feel that the BMW brand can be extended to the premium luxury segment that is above the 7er which is why we created the Vision Future Luxury which came on to the stage. And especially we commenced on how we took the car global to show perspective customers our vision for a new series of BMW. The response was all positive because the customers felt BMW was about driving and no one could actually drive the Maybach themselves without being mistaken for the Chauffeur. The BMW on the other hand shows that it can be driven by the owner as well as having it being driven by their Chauffeur. People were positive regarding that because that is the philosophy of a BMW.
Both vehicles can be considered as twins but with one objective to take advantage of the high premium market and bridge BMW to Rolls-Royce.

Another interesting feature is BMW owned Rolls-Royce are not particularly concerned about the Maybach. As the RR owner sees the same thing we do its just an elongated S-Klasse. The S-Klasse is the leader of the Affordable luxury segment it is not challenging the RR models for sales in fact customers are upsizing from other segments , hardly anybody is downsizing especially Bentley and Rolls-Royce. One RR customer stated that when they step from the jet after a long flight they don't want to step into another jet.

Pullman will appeal to the customer that needs to showcase every materialistic aspect of their life whether a celebrity , president or dictator.
I would prefer the Phantom it has a sense of occasion without being ostentatious it is the best luxury car in the world.
Makes sense now, now that I look at the bigger picture.

Highlighted part is comedy gold.

Last edited by Sako; 03-28-2015 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 03:05 PM   #50
335iFFM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Performance

This car just crashed:

http://www.motor-talk.de/news/testwa...-t5253864.html
http://www.bild.de/news/inland/erlko...0396.bild.html

No more 770i

Source: dpa/Picture Alliance/Focus.de

Source: 7aktuell.de/Bild.de

Last edited by 335iFFM; 03-28-2015 at 03:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 05:16 PM   #51
Pentium
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iFFM View Post
This car just crashed:

http://www.motor-talk.de/news/testwa...-t5253864.html
http://www.bild.de/news/inland/erlko...0396.bild.html

No more 770i

Source: dpa/Picture Alliance/Focus.de

Source: 7aktuell.de/Bild.de
Ouch! hope that everybody is ok!
and I don't think BMW will cancel the car if a prototype got involved in an accident!
      03-28-2015, 05:23 PM   #52
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

I think that the 7er will be the benchmark in this class!
Tech, engines, miles better chassis than all its rivals and the combo between Individual and M Sport 😊
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 10:00 PM   #53
Nordkeyz73
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i ZSP, Macan Turbo

At least they got the crash test out of the way Seriously, I hope nobody was injured.
      03-29-2015, 09:31 AM   #54
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul View Post
CF is just a publicity stunt for bmw. This car will only weight 150kg less than the outgoing model - so they say but my now sold f25 x3 was suposed to be 25kg lighter than my 1st gen x3 and I swear it was a good 45 - 60kg heavier - but audi without any CF got its Q7 300kg lighter and the Jag XF again without any CF is way lighter than the outgoing gen (not sure how much but i think I read +100 kg. Its like organic products at supermarket. You pay extra for them but did you you farmers can still label products organic if they use pesticides etc for emergencies? Its bmw markting BS at its best.
+1 Especially when competitors like Audi have reduction in weight as part as ongoing improvement. Somehow for BMW this is suppose to be a selling point to differentiate from others. MB S-Class's new interior is a real improvement trying to 1 up competitors. BMW new 7 series just looks like an extended LCI of current model. Whoopee they are using some CF like i3. The new model is lacking both exterior and interior. Improvements on iDrive or weight are expected to stay competitive. Oh wait.. they have some chrome interior trim that is different from the pass (please).
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 09:33 AM   #55
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacMeal View Post
I see some of you guys point but people in this market segment really do not care much about the technology. People buy these cars for prestige, luxury and design. I really hate say this as a BMW fan but BMW failed to address these simple key points.
Yep.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 10:18 AM   #56
Fanta
C
Canada
Rep
Drives: 740iL, M3, Carrera

Well, I really care about the technology. My friends also really care about technology.
I really like to know how the new 7 drive like; especially after the weight saving.
If the Carbon Fibre tube can make the car has 10% weight saving, it will be very fun.
Even with a big engine, it doesn't help in corning.
I wish BMW carbon fibre technology working.
Audi is nice, but MB is ..........
Actually in today world, who can be don't care about Technology.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 11:33 AM   #57
talaipwros
Private
Rep
Drives: Model2018 740d xdriveMsport

damn it!
I can understand why BMW likes testing the cars in real life scenarios, but I would expect a small exception for crash tests?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 06:13 PM   #58
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

Part of the reason that leaked image is leaving such a poor impact on us is that nasty color combination. Combined with the wheels that really is an ugly choice. I'm sure it'll look better with the M sport package and one of the more common colors, but as it stands now it still looks like one of the more boring sedans i've seen in a while. The F01 and E65 were not boring looking cars by any means. Then again, the new S class is a bit more understated than the outgoing model so maybe boring is the new trend - possibly the influence of the asian markets where understated is appreciated.

I've been driving 7-series since I was 26 or so, and would like to keep the streak going. Hard to say if I could drive a car that looks like this new one, though. Hopefully future photos will change my mind.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 04:26 PM   #59
Petr0lhead
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey F20 M-Sport

Let's relax and wait for official images! Or at least for better images... Every car in that color wouldn't look good. And I don't think those black wheels are production spec. They still look like prototype wheels
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 04:49 PM   #60
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
The problem with the G11/G12 is that it lacks that sparkle. Will it still be a great car? Probably but because Mercedes did what they did with the S-Class, I look at the 7-Series as a German Lexus ES. Solid but very pedestrian. With the FXX BMW's, other than the 6-Series, I feel BMW got blindsided with their design. I don't think anyone would be criticizing the looks that much if Mercedes wasn't so extreme with their new designs.

I didn't love the F30 but it was acceptable with the assumption that the C-Class was going to do something similar, just a modernizing of the W204. With the W205, the difference in quality and detail to the 3-Series is almost laughable. I feel the same way about the 7-Series.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 05:23 PM   #61
Jai 302
Banned
Rep
Drives: F13 640i

Looking sharp. I'm going to ignore all the s class comments because it became somewhat of a ritual here to hate on the 7 series with a vengeance. A bit annoying too.

Can't wait to see how this car drives with a 700lb weight loss, CF body and new platform! BMW is doing things right. Now all they need to do is get a new interior in the 3/4 series
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 06:38 PM   #62
psuibmw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G06/G20/F30/F15/F10/E90

Garage List
2018 BMW 320xi  [10.00]
2023 BMW M340  [9.75]
2022 BMW  [10.00]
I do not see BMW in these pics ... More like a blend of Hyundai, honda and Kia
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 07:21 PM   #63
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
I'm also not a huge fan of the new G series look so far.

Nice lights though... but that's about it...
      04-15-2015, 08:38 PM   #64
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
For the love of god make a real M7
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 08:38 PM   #65
misterbeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92, E46 M3, E39 M5, 750Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai 302 View Post
Looking sharp. I'm going to ignore all the s class comments because it became somewhat of a ritual here to hate on the 7 series with a vengeance. A bit annoying too.

Can't wait to see how this car drives with a 700lb weight loss, CF body and new platform! BMW is doing things right. Now all they need to do is get a new interior in the 3/4 series
How are you sure it will be 700 lbs less than the current 7 series? I doubt there will be much of a weight loss if you get the V8 and add on some options to your car, which a lot of people in this market will do. I am guessing around 250-200 lbs less at most, which is still decent.

However, at the end of the day, the new car looks like an LCI of the current one, and not a very creative or good looking one at that (from leaked photos).

You don't have to take people's comparisons with the S class so personally (like a typical Apple fanboy). It is inevitable since they are competitors. Also, Mercedes already has the S63 and S65 along with other variants, whereas, BMW may not have an M7 to compete. They'll just provide an M Sport package and put the M logo all over the car.

Up until now, BMW design would trickle down from the flagship to the 3 series, but this time around, it seems to be going the opposite direction.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 09:22 PM   #66
Enilder
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Boring design.
Appreciate 0