BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

04-27-2016, 08:54 PM   #67
mamafufu
Newest Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12

The Sky Lounge is more for the backseat passengers since you can't or shouldn't be looking at them while driving. Certain colors go better than others. Having said that I would still want it as an option since it is one of those elements that makes the 7 Series as we know it. However, if I needed to choose between that or other options with similar cost such as the Anthracite Alcantara Headliner, I would go with the Headliner instead.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 09:10 PM   #68
terrainx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafufu View Post
The Sky Lounge is more for the backseat passengers since you can't or shouldn't be looking at them while driving. Certain colors go better than others. Having said that I would still want it as an option since it is one of those elements that makes the 7 Series as we know it. However, if I needed to choose between that or other options with similar cost such as the Anthracite Alcantara Headliner, I would go with the Headliner instead.
Does it provide ambient lighting throughout the cabin? Can you turn off cabin led lights and leave the Sky Lounge lights on?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 12:09 AM   #69
mamafufu
Newest Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12

Sky Lounge doesn't have its own control. It shares the same control with the ambient light in terms of color, on/off, and brightness. So if you turn off the ambient light, the Sky Lounge lights will of off too.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 10:46 AM   #70
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrainx View Post
Does it provide ambient lighting throughout the cabin? Can you turn off cabin led lights and leave the Sky Lounge lights on?
Yes, it does provide ambient lighting throughout the cabin. This is best experienced when it's very dark out and when there isn't a lot of overhead street lighting.

I just wrapped up a nearly 1200 mile trip to Southern California and back to San Francisco, and have to say the Sky Lounge was spectacular when driving on the somewhat dark I-5. It brings a very cool vibe to the interior. My passengers thought it was amazing and commented that it really contributed to their general comfort (having something interesting to look at while ensconced in the back seat). I say if you're getting a 7, this is a MUST have option. You'll kick yourself for not getting it (and it's not that expensive anyway in the scheme of things).

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 12:09 PM   #71
terrainx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

Agreed... @900 it seems like 'why-not'. Challenge will be find the car in inventory that has it and everything else we are looking for. Your kit is pretty close to exactly what we are looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBry View Post
Yes, it does provide ambient lighting throughout the cabin. This is best experienced when it's very dark out and when there isn't a lot of overhead street lighting.

I just wrapped up a nearly 1200 mile trip to Southern California and back to San Francisco, and have to say the Sky Lounge was spectacular when driving on the somewhat dark I-5. It brings a very cool vibe to the interior. My passengers thought it was amazing and commented that it really contributed to their general comfort (having something interesting to look at while ensconced in the back seat). I say if you're getting a 7, this is a MUST have option. You'll kick yourself for not getting it (and it's not that expensive anyway in the scheme of things).
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 10:36 AM   #72
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrainx View Post
Agreed... @900 it seems like 'why-not'. Challenge will be find the car in inventory that has it and everything else we are looking for. Your kit is pretty close to exactly what we are looking for.
I had my dealer order one for me instead of waiting around for one to show up with the exact options I wanted. The 81-day wait was a little agonizing, but worth it to get exactly what I wanted -- no compromises.

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0