BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

12-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
bmr760
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C, F90 M5C, G05 X5 40i

12,000 Mile update

just a small update @ 12,000

some quirks I would like to report.
I get a BSoD from the Idrive every once in a while at start up - haven't taken it in yet
some noticeable turbo lag - to be expected
and of course I'm starting to notice Fuel Pump Problems.

but honestly overall, I'm quite happy with my car.
Brings me joy and impresses my clients
I plan to keep it for a while, so thank God I got the extended maintenence warranty plan lol

Happy Motoring and Many Many More Miles to come

.......I feel like im missing something else, but if I did I'll edit later

Last edited by bmr760; 12-09-2009 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Ryouken, have you had your car in at all to get software updates done?
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
bmr760
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C, F90 M5C, G05 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Ryouken, have you had your car in at all to get software updates done?
No, how many software updates have there been?
I've been in the dark ;-;

The only times I took my car in was for the HPFP and the LPFP

Last edited by bmr760; 12-09-2009 at 07:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryouken View Post
No, how many software updates have there been?
I've been in the dark ;-;

The only times I took my car in was for the HPFP and the LPFP
I don't know how many they have released but so far I think I got 3 updates done (at least these are the ones I recall) and they have always improved or fixed minor annoyances I had found with the car.

I think the first update I received fixed the video playback issue on the rear seat entertainment system I had posted about shortly after I picked up the car. My dealership updated the software of the entire car with the latest version available at that time.

The second software upgrade was done when BMW issued the recall on the spark plugs on the new 4.4l TTV8 as found in the F01/F02 750 as well as the E71 X6 50i models. They updated the entire car after which I had to put all my settings back into the car since I did not do a backup of my settings onto a USB stick...

The 3rd software upgrade was actually done because I had come across a rather odd issue with the new navigation system that I discovered on a trip to my in-laws. The navigation system kept telling me to use the off-ramp to get of the highway turn left and immediately turn right to get back onto the highway. It kept doing that a few times until I turned the voice commands off... When I talked to my SA about this issue, he told me that they had a new map update and wanted to know if I would mind if he updated my car. So I told him to go right ahead with it
Last time I took the same trip up to my in-laws, the system no longer asked me to leave the highway, so the last software update definitely fixed that little quirk

Not sure what else these software upgrades changed or fixed.

I am actually going to call my SA tomorrow to find out if they have another software upgrade. I had found a software bug in the iDrive controller and reported to him about 2 weeks ago, so I want to follow up with him to see if BMW has a fix for it already. I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #5
advocado
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750Li/ 2011 335i conv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryouken View Post
just a small update @ 12,000

some quirks I would like to report.
I get a BSoD from the Idrive every once in a while at start up - haven't taken it in yet
some noticeable turbo lag - to be expected
and of course I'm starting to notice Fuel Pump Problems.

but honestly overall, I'm quite happy with my car.
Brings me joy and impresses my clients
I plan to keep it for a while, so thank God I got the extended maintenence warranty plan lol

Happy Motoring and Many Many More Miles to come

.......I feel like im missing something else, but if I did I'll edit later
Am I correct that the BSoD refers to "The Black Screen of Death" in computerese? What happens? How long does it last? And ... what do you mean "...of course Fuel Pump Problems"? I've got 9K on my F02. I'm not looking forward any naturally expected fuel pump problems.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocado View Post
Am I correct that the BSoD refers to "The Black Screen of Death" in computerese? What happens? How long does it last? And ... what do you mean "...of course Fuel Pump Problems"? I've got 9K on my F02. I'm not looking forward any naturally expected fuel pump problems.
Ryouken had a HPFP problem early on with his car, do a search and you can find his post about the HPFP. I think it also depends on how hard you push the car
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 10:28 AM   #7
advocado
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750Li/ 2011 335i conv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Ryouken had a HPFP problem early on with his car, do a search and you can find his post about the HPFP. I think it also depends on how hard you push the car
Yikes! What an awful experience to have in your brand new 100k car. So far I haven't had a hiccup.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 08:07 PM   #8
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocado View Post
Yikes! What an awful experience to have in your brand new 100k car. So far I haven't had a hiccup.
I agree!

So far I haven't had any major issues (other than those minor software bug issues I have posted about).
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #9
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

what clients? what type of business are you in?
Appreciate 0