BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

03-21-2018, 03:43 PM   #1
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Tire changes, alignment, balancing (UK)

For those in the UK, where do you go to get your tires changed, alignment checked or corrected, etc...

I ask as the 7 series seems to be an exceptional beast and the usual tire shops don't have the 7 in their programs to do any alignments, camber, etc...and of course BMW asks a fortune for tires (and likely gets a third party to do the work anyway)...

So, how do you deal with this? I've tried some brand name tire shops to do the work on my F01 in the past and they could get the tires sure enough but the quality of care and work was poor and they have told me and showed me that almost all BMW models are available to do the alignment, etc...if needed but not the 7 (maybe due to the size)....

Getting to the point I need to do a tire change anyway, likely I'll get a new set of alloys and wheels from BMW for that but thereafter would like to know what others are doing...

Thanks in advance!