BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

01-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
SleepTight
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Help Please--Info needed from prior B7 Purchasers

Cross-posted from http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=425345

I am very seriously thinking about getting myself on the waiting list for the new Alpina B7 as discussed here, but my CA knows very little about how the process works other than there will be a waiting list and I will need to get on it soon if I want a B7 out of the USA allotment this year.

So please, some questions for prior B7 (E65) purchasers.

I assume that you don't get to actually order the car the way you want and that your getting to the top of the waiting list means that you get the next B7 that comes in. Am I right?

If you refused to accept the the particular B7 in question did you lose your place in line or was it simply offered to the next person on the waiting list and so on?

Were BMW dealers getting premiums for B7s or did you simply pay list price? (I take it as a given that no discounts could be had.)

I seem to recall that BMW Finance was even offering leases on B7s; is my recollection correct? If so, how were the residuals and money factors on those leases?

How has the car held up after the first 10,000 miles or so? Are the modified components sufficiently robust to deal with the added horsepower and torque?

Lastly, although any authorized BMW center is supposedly qualified to service a B7, have you found that service and repair is more problematic than a stock BMW?

Any information would be most appreciated.

Appreciate 0