BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-12-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
Kylekuu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi, 84 318i

Diminished value after accident

Anyone have any experience on claiming this? I got into a accident last friday, he hit me making an illegal turn, and i end up having to replace quite alot of stuff.

I did edmunds and kbb check on cars after accidents, and it says the value is down ranging from 2200-5700. I spoke to my insurance guy and he said you can't trust the internet and he's never seen it happen. My insurance is progressive, and the other guy's is farmers, I will be making a claim on farmers, since he is at fault.

But my insurance guy didn't even give me any information on how to go about doing this. Has anyone does this before?

I just don't want to get screw when i do want to sell or trade in the car later on, since it'll never be the same again. Plus i no longer have that peace of mind after this accident
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
McCartney
Private
Rep
Drives: undisclosed

I am pretty sure you have to report it over 1000. Atleast you do over here.
You have to call his insurance compoany with the information, they will send an inspector to look at your vehicle.

And yes you do lose value, as the accident will/must be reported by the body shop and is naturally not a "perfect" car anymore. It's like dating a girl with baggage.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
From what I heard you have to have this option already active in your insurance plan.. also a couple thousand off your car value isnt going to get you the money you want... It's a tough situation to fight, your best bet is probably getting an attorney. good luck
Appreciate 0