BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-20-2015, 04:51 PM   #89
E93M3-08
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 6-MT

This is a few years old, but most of it still applies.

Courtesy of Rick Mercer from "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" on CBC Television:

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry.

I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron.

He is a moron but, it wasn't nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all it's not like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees than you doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defense I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours.

I'm sorry we burnt down your white house during the war of 1812. I notice you've rebuilt it! It's Very Nice.

I'm sorry about your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer but, we Feel your Pain.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you wanna have your friends by your side. I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different. Everyone knew he had weapons.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way which is really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this. We've seen what you do to countries you get upset with.

Thank you.
325XiT 2006 TiAg, 6MT, Bilstein shocks, BMW P/E, P/I, Performance alu front strut brace, BMW Perf. front and rear bumpers + rocker panels, 50% tint, roof rail delete, CDV delete, C/F delete, BMW blacklines, BMW gloss black kidney grill, Style 189 staggered, 3 stage manifold, AA stage 2 ECU tune, M-Sport leather seats + interior, M-Sport steering wheel, M-Sport door sills, sport gearshift knob, LUX AE V6.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 06:24 PM   #90
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

LOL this coming from a Canadian that the rest of Canada can't stand

surprised your posts weren't in French
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 06:27 PM   #91
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

French Canadians
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 09:02 PM   #92
E93M3-08
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post
LOL this coming from a Canadian that the rest of Canada can't stand

If you really believe that, you need to watch less TV and travel more. You obviously have no idea how much BS is being fed to you as "information".

Quote:
surprised your posts weren't in French
Why would I post in French on an English forum? Yes, I do speak French ... and Italian and I use whatever language is necessary to communicate given the circumstance.

I suspect your "surprise" stems from your misinformation and, you know what, sadly it's not that uncommon. Hopefully, you'll be less surprised next time someone from this part of the world expresses himself in English.
325XiT 2006 TiAg, 6MT, Bilstein shocks, BMW P/E, P/I, Performance alu front strut brace, BMW Perf. front and rear bumpers + rocker panels, 50% tint, roof rail delete, CDV delete, C/F delete, BMW blacklines, BMW gloss black kidney grill, Style 189 staggered, 3 stage manifold, AA stage 2 ECU tune, M-Sport leather seats + interior, M-Sport steering wheel, M-Sport door sills, sport gearshift knob, LUX AE V6.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 11:30 PM   #93
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

LOL are you serious? i thought Canadians had a sense of humor.. guess not

geez, way to kill the mood
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 11:57 PM   #94
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption

Hahaha! He's the exception!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 12:34 AM   #95
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

He's the type of Canadian that speaks French and Italian. Somehow learning those 2 languages made him lose his sense of humour. Of course I kid, I'm Canadian, I'm never serious.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 08:10 AM   #96
E93M3-08
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post

Canadians? I've met a few - haven't gotten around to meeting them all yet - and most appear to have a sense of humor. I do too ... here I'll prove it I hope that restores your faith in "Canadians' sense of humor" ... somewhat.

Sooo, having cleared THAT up, have you considered that what you said, and how you said it maybe wasn't that funny?

No?

While this would be an opportune moment to generalize and repeat a few stereotypes of my own in order to re-establish the "mood" ... I'll refrain out of respect for some of the more "sensitive" members who can dish it out but apparently can't take it.

(There, is that better?)
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 08:14 AM   #97
E93M3-08
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
He's the type of Canadian that speaks French and Italian. Somehow learning those 2 languages made him lose his sense of humour. Of course I kid, I'm Canadian, I'm never serious.
Au contraire, mon chèr NKC, I laugh in three languages.

Ciao.

Last edited by E93M3-08; 02-21-2015 at 08:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 08:28 AM   #98
E93M3-08
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Hahaha! He's the exception!!!
... easy for you to say, you're from what @finaloption calls "the rest of Canada"
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 11:04 AM   #99
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by e9106 View Post
North American Temperature Chart
  • 50F -> New Yorkers try to turn on the heat. Canadians plant gardens.

• 40F -> Californians shiver uncontrollably. Canadians sunbathe.

• 35F -> Italian cars won't start. Canadians drive with windows down.

• 32F -> Distilled water freezes. Canadian water gets thicker.

• 0F -> New York landlords finally turn on the heat. Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

• -40F -> Hollywood disintegrates. Canadians watch Netflix.

• -60F -> Mt. St. Helens freezes. Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

• -100F -> Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

• -173F -> Ethyl alcohol freezes. Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

• -460F -> All atomic motion stops. Canadians start saying "Cold eh?"

• -500F -> Hell freezes over. The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.
I disagree with your last marking...I feel 0 degrees Kelvin is probably the outside temperature required before they win again. I do not understand how they have such a loyal fan base. I don't like hockey, but they truly suck.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 09:21 PM   #100
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Dammit, Canada.....I thought I said to keep your cold air to yourselves?! As I type, it is 0F but -17F with the windchill.
      02-24-2015, 08:01 AM   #101
E93M3-08
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Dammit, Canada.....I thought I said to keep your cold air to yourselves?! As I type, it is 0F but -17F with the windchill.
0 deg. F ... and you're complaining? Please, please send it back if you're not entirely satisfied.

-11 F this morning ... -31 F with windchill. Same $8!t - different day.

Last edited by E93M3-08; 02-24-2015 at 08:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 08:33 AM   #102
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by e9106 View Post
0 deg. F ... and you're complaining? Please, please send it back if you're not entirely satisfied.

-11 F this morning ... -31 F with windchill. Same $8!t - different day.
You would last about 4 seconds outside down here in May. "Fuck it's 90F, you guys are having a heat wave, eh!?"
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 08:44 AM   #103
E93M3-08
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
You would last about 4 seconds outside down here in May. "Fuck it's 90F, you guys are having a heat wave, eh!?"
Thanks for the heads up.

I'll leave my fur lined flip-flops at home if I head your way in May.
Appreciate 0