BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

03-19-2016, 04:11 PM   #89
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Must we trade-in our N63 cars to use the CCP credit toward the purchase / lease of a new BMW?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 12:10 PM   #90
howards09750li
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 750li

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinbusy View Post
Great info on this thread.. I just bought a 2010 750li X with 98k miles. It was one owner car will almost all extra packages except rear lux seating. The car has warranty for the next 2000 miles / end of Oct. It had the cust care package done couple months before I bought the car. I took the car in for rear brake replacement and seat thigh support replacement. After 3 days I got the Drivetrain Malfunction message and the scanner told cylinder 6 was misfiring. It happens only when driving at high rpms (5000+). It goes away when the car is turned off and turned on. However the check engine light stays on. I cleared the service light and took it a drive. No issues if I keep the RPM below 5000. Doesn't matter which mode you are in if the revs go higher than 5000+ I get the Drivetrain malfunction message again. The car goes to limp mode and engine vibrates when the car is at slow speed(5mph) or stand still.
Took it to the dealer and they said its a bad injector (mine were index 12). Next day they found that the fuel line was cracked and I had to wait for the parts another day. At least I got a loaner X5 to drive around.
OK, mine said cylinder 6 also. That is odd. I still get the drivetrain malf. all the time. Taking it in next week for the N63 Customer Care Package.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 12:51 PM   #91
howards09750li
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 750li

09 750li Many Many Repairs... Cylinder 6? Yep

Ok, so I just joined yesterday, so what's up?
My 09 750li has been quite the experience. Here is a run-down:
April 2014 - Purchased, in love with car! I rarely go above 4000 rpm... but it runs 110mph at 2800rmp.... awesome!
May 2014 - wife calls, drivetrain malfunction, very rough idle... chugging, won't reset... Crap! towed to a Euro Car repair shop? ..... Ha Ha...that was a joke, they were clueless! Towed to Classic BMW, Plano TX.
$6850.00 repair....replaced software, replaced bank one fuel injectors, then bank two since the problem was not solved.... Yes, "Cylinder 6", Crankcase vent hose, faulty thermostat..vanos solenoid failed... luckily my extended warranty provider covered $5500.00 "Carchex Luxury is awesome"

June 2014 - Drivetrain Malfunction - Guess what" Cylinder 6... replaced coil and spark plug. (Today, after reading posts/... I am thinking Really?) $352.00

August 2014 - Drivetrain Malfunction again. They dropped the motor and ran a "DeCarbon" scrubbing of air intake $2685.00, noticed radiator leak, replace radiator. Guess what? Problem is still there, this is 8/2014? BMW knows the problem at this point.... N63 CCP has got to be in the works.
So, they replace bank head #2, they said it was leaking around an injector.
$4250.... thank God for the Carchex, they covered $4500.00 of the total bill of $7472.0

August 2014 - April 2016, scared of the car, never trust it, it hesitates and jumps when trying to accelerate from 1700rpm to 2200rpm.... will give drivetrain malfunction at time. I pull over turn it off and restart and the error goes away. I drive in manual mode and don't have this problem unless I get around 4000RPM then I can get a drivetrain malfunction error. I drive it like an old 4 cylinder Dodge Colt that I had back in 1979. I love the comfort of this car but it sits in the garage most days and we take my wife's Toyota SUV.

April, 2016 - have a CCP appointment for next Tuesday. We are considering going after BMW, depending on how they handle this next week. I have seen the class action lawsuits, I'm not that guy but yikes! More later....
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 04:05 PM   #92
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by howards09750li
April 2014 - Purchased, in love with car! I rarely go above 4000 rpm... but it runs 110mph at 2800rmp.... awesome!
May 2014 - wife calls, drivetrain malfunction, very rough idle... chugging, won't reset... Crap! towed to a Euro Car repair shop? ..... Ha Ha...that was a joke, they were clueless! Towed to Classic BMW, Plano TX.
$6850.00 repair....replaced software, replaced bank one fuel injectors, then bank two since the problem was not solved.... Yes, "Cylinder 6", Crankcase vent hose, faulty thermostat..vanos solenoid failed... luckily my extended warranty provider covered $5500.00 "Carchex Luxury is awesome"

June 2014 - Drivetrain Malfunction - Guess what" Cylinder 6... replaced coil and spark plug. (Today, after reading posts/... I am thinking Really?) $352.00

August 2014 - Drivetrain Malfunction again. They dropped the motor and ran a "DeCarbon" scrubbing of air intake $2685.00, noticed radiator leak, replace radiator. Guess what? Problem is still there, this is 8/2014? BMW knows the problem at this point.... N63 CCP has got to be in the works.
$4250.... thank God for the Carchex, they covered $4500.00 of the total bill of $7472.0

August 2014 - April 2016, scared of the car, never trust it, it hesitates and jumps when trying to accelerate from 1700rpm to 2200rpm.... will give drivetrain malfunction at time. I pull over turn it off and restart and the error goes away. I drive in manual mode and don't have this problem unless I get around 4000RPM then I can get a drivetrain malfunction error. I drive it like an old 4 cylinder Dodge Colt that I had back in 1979. I love the comfort of this car but it sits in the garage most days and we take my wife's Toyota SUV.

April, 2016 - have a CCP appointment for next Tuesday. We are considering going after BMW, depending on how they handle this next week. I have seen the class action lawsuits, I'm not that guy but yikes! More later....
I mean no disrespect, but owning any higher tiered vehicle as a daily driver without a warranty is risky if not financially reckless.

Unlike cars of yesteryear, these vehicles have advanced systems that must stay within margins as the hardware ages.

Thus, a 5 year old vehicle must work as perfect the day it was born, or the software systems are going to choke.

I have said this countless times here: owning a BMW 7 without a warranty would make even the wealthiest among us blush.

These cars need gas, they need spark plugs and they need a warranty. Beyond that, either make it a hobby car or send it to the crusher.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 06:15 PM   #93
BimmerF32_430i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7
Quote:

I mean no disrespect, but owning any higher tiered vehicle as a daily driver without a warranty is risky if not financially reckless.

Unlike cars of yesteryear, these vehicles have advanced systems that must stay within margins as the hardware ages.

Thus, a 5 year old vehicle must work as perfect the day it was born, or the software systems are going to choke.

I have said this countless times here: owning a BMW 7 without a warranty would make even the wealthiest among us blush.

These cars need gas, they need spark plugs and they need a warranty. Beyond that, either make it a hobby car or send it to the crusher.
I don't totally agree with this. My parents have owned 3 7 series without warranty and have had great luck with them. They currently have an '07 and an '11 that are running just fine. I think the key is finding an Indy that works on BMW's and charges reasonable rates. Sure they might be q minority in being lucky owning used BMW's but I know my dad takes care of them properly as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 06:49 PM   #94
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysn
Quote:
Quote:

I don't totally agree with this. My parents have owned 3 7 series without warranty and have had great luck with them. They currently have an '07 and an '11 that are running just fine. I think the key is finding an Indy that works on BMW's and charges reasonable rates. Sure they might be q minority in being lucky owning used BMW's but I know my dad takes care of them properly as well.
You're the guy! I knew it!

I always suspected you were out there.

You know, the guy that never had a bad day, never had an accident, always had good luck with cars!

I bet you don't even see the need for car insurance, am I right?

All in good fun.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2016, 07:35 PM   #95
BimmerF32_430i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysn
Quote:
Quote:

You're the guy! I knew it!

I always suspected you were out there.

You know, the guy that never had a bad day, never had an accident, always had good luck with cars!

I bet you don't even see the need for car insurance, am I right?

All in good fun.
Haha if only that was true. I'm just offering a different POV. Maybe BMW actually makes a few cars that last a little while
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 05:47 PM   #96
WhiteTitan
Rep
Drives: 750i

For F01 owners, I am interested in the discount on a G series for the $2k. Is there any links someone can forward me? The dealer I have been working with has been silent on the issue. I would not be surprised if I had to switch dealers for my order car.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 05:04 PM   #97
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Just received the attached from BMW of Manhattan.

Note their “Customer Care Package”.

LMFAO! :|
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 02:12 PM   #98
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Don't remind me of this insult. ^^

09-21-2016, 02:13 PM   #99
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTitan View Post
For F01 owners, I am interested in the discount on a G series for the $2k. Is there any links someone can forward me? The dealer I have been working with has been silent on the issue. I would not be surprised if I had to switch dealers for my order car.
The G's are NOT moving anywhere near what they would like. I have read of $13k off of sticker. If you can add this $2k to that...
      09-22-2016, 09:01 PM   #100
AntDX316
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 750xi ///M Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
The G's are NOT moving anywhere near what they would like. I have read of $13k off of sticker. If you can add this $2k to that...
Because all the reviewers are saying Mercedes is better.. and Tesla.

People are probably thinking the new 7-series looks like a "Camry" from the back.

I saw the new 7 from the back at quite a distance and it didn't look that big as the previous 7. No doubt it's quality in and out of the vehicle but I assume you have to be a BMW loyalist to get it with lots of money. Probably people are waiting for the new 5 and probably M5.

Maybe the people who buy a new 7 are waiting for a new engine.

Last edited by AntDX316; 09-22-2016 at 09:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 01:06 PM   #101
Arm_en
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 550I

Hey everyone got a question for you guys maybe you can help. I have a 2012 BMW 550i it has 79k on the car was having problems with it so had to tow it to dealer now the dealer is saying it needs a new engine and supposoble even though I don't have warranty or anything BMW agreed to pay %45 Of the cost and I have to pay $10 big ones. Has anyone had anything like this before. I have had the car for a year and when I got it it only had 42k on it
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 11:43 AM   #102
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb I've asked MODS to STICKY but Maybe you guys need to ask too?

Just received this in the mail yesterday. Funny how BMW is very quick to point out and bold:

This is notice of a "limited warranty extension." This is not a Notice of a Recall or Service Action.

Anywho, I am glad that at the least, my car is covered under this "N63 Mess" up to 10yrs or 120,000 miles. For me that would cover another few years and I only have 57k currently. I may hang onto it up to that point even when I get my next car sooner because I still enjoy the car overall.

They bolded the following parts covered:

Crankcase Ventilation / Hoses
Vacuum Pump
Fuel Injectors

It goes on to say that if I have paid out of pocket for any of these repairs, they will reimburse me.

Anyone else receive this??? (personal info blocked out of course)

01-23-2017, 03:20 PM   #103
c5897948t
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 750LI

Yeah I got that in the mail a few weeks ago also.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #104
slowhatch
Rep
Drives: F01 LCI 750i

Hopefully these issues dont extend into the N63tu
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 02:12 PM   #105
basemodel325
Rep
Drives: bmw 550i

my n63 sounds like its knocking bad, nothing but a lean code.... dealer wants to replace o2 sensors. what do you guys think? 71000 miles
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 11:56 AM   #106
Crowgasm
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 745I

If only to vent a little...

My 2010 750 developed a loud knocking sound about 90 mins from home on Tue night. Shut it down right away and got it towed to the local dealer, since my regular non-dealer BMW mechanic was 2 hrs away. Just got a call saying "it needs a new motor, it's coming apart inside, $39,000". That's at 89k miles with regular careful maintenance and no prior problems in the 18 months I've had it. Waiting to see what my third party warranty will cover, if anything - Mr. BMW Dealer cheerfully added 'probably nothing as we don't see a full proper service history in the car's early history'.

I guess I'll be researching a lot more about this happy-branded recall and general F01 engine problems. Wondering if by not calling this a recall, they've opened themselves to any legal action related to critical engine problems.

Clutching straws, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 12:07 PM   #107
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowgasm View Post
If only to vent a little...

My 2010 750 developed a loud knocking sound about 90 mins from home on Tue night. Shut it down right away and got it towed to the local dealer, since my regular non-dealer BMW mechanic was 2 hrs away. Just got a call saying "it needs a new motor, it's coming apart inside, $39,000". That's at 89k miles with regular careful maintenance and no prior problems in the 18 months I've had it. Waiting to see what my third party warranty will cover, if anything - Mr. BMW Dealer cheerfully added 'probably nothing as we don't see a full proper service history in the car's early history'.

I guess I'll be researching a lot more about this happy-branded recall and general F01 engine problems. Wondering if by not calling this a recall, they've opened themselves to any legal action related to critical engine problems.

Clutching straws, etc.
Wow..... Gotta live that response from the dealer.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 01:52 AM   #108
AntDX316
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 750xi ///M Performance

N63TU feels good
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 05:00 PM   #109
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

I have a 2011 BMW 750Li xDrive with the N63 engine.

How do I find out if my car is covered by the 10 year / 120k mile CCP warranty extension?

I never received any notice and my service advisor just put claims for injectors through to my extended warranty instead of through to BMW no matter my statement that same be covered by the N63 CCP warranty extension.

Why aren't all N63 powered cars covered by the warranty extension?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 05:50 PM   #110
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

I wrote BMW, which resulted in the correspondence below.

Can someone explain why my injectors are not covered?

Why should a 2010 that had injectors replaced with index 11 injectors under CCP be covered for future failure, while a 2011 with index 11 injectors not be covered for future failure.

Doesn't make sense.

---

I write regarding my 2011 BMW 750Li xDrive, VIN…. Does a 10 year / 120k mile warranty extension apply to the parts covered under SI B11 06 14, the "N63 Engine: Customer Care Package"? Is my vehicle covered under said warranty extension?

---

Our records indicate that VIN…. has the following coverage:

BMW has extended the limited warranty for the Engine Vacuum Pump on this vehicle to 10 years/120,000 miles as determined from the original in-service date. This component-specific limited warranty extension is subject to all the applicable vehicle and coverage eligibility requirements, exclusions and limitations that apply to the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

BMW has extended the limited warranty for the cylinder head covers crankcase ventilation connecting line hoses on this vehicle to 10 years/120,000 miles as determined from the original in-service date. This component-specific limited warranty extension is subject to all the applicable vehicle and coverage eligibility requirements, exclusions and limitations that apply to the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

---

Please advise why my injectors aren't also covered by a 10 year / 120k mile extended warranty. The injectors are a part of the Customer Care Package.

---

As previously mentioned, vehicle warranty coverage is specific to a vehicle's identification number (VIN) and for your 2011 BMW 750Lxi, with VIN…., only the previously referenced coverage for the engine vacuum pump and cylinder head covers crankcase ventilation connecting line hoses exists.
Appreciate 0