BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

11-20-2023, 11:37 AM   #1
CoMb0BrEaKeR
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 740Ld

$4,400 for new Factory headlights. There must be another way!

So after much, MUCH delaying finally got around to looking inside as to why my headlights are so dim and my low output issues are caused by the reflector inside the HID housing degrading. It is no longer very reflective and has a dark sections I looked inside with an inspection camera. I have seen something like that on my E46 I had, in that case just got new projectors and rebuilt the light. On this car the headlight is welded shut and a real bear to open up so I got some supposedly good used F02 headlights and they sooo bad with either disintegrating wiring or the beam patter being totally off.

The aftermarket only go up to the pre facelift and I have a 2015 740Ld. So far the only new lights I found are from BMW at $2,200 each! These are not even the LED version just the Xenon.

There must be another way to get something for less than over 4 grand.... I would be willing to cut open the lights and rebuild them but there seems to be no parts anywhere?

Need some advise.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 11:03 PM   #2
JellyStyle
Builder of Special Cars
Rep
Drives: G12 B7,F02 750li,E70 X5M,E46M3

Speak to Alan at Kabeer, you can get LED replacements for about 1100 total or less.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...6f672fc2jDRGVm

I have them, work as advertised and better than the Xenon's I had.
Appreciate 0