BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

04-15-2016, 04:47 PM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Apple iPhone Charge Cord Getting Caught / Stuck

So this is a weird one (apologies in advance)!

I have an Apple iPhone and use the USB to lighting cord to charge same in my car. I plug the USB end to the outlet in the center storage compartment and have same slip through the center arm rests. When not using the cord I allow it to drape down by the front passenger seat, and it ends up lying on the carpet by the passenger foot well. Anyone else do this?

My problem, however, is that all too often when going to reach for the cord, when pulling it up, it gets caught / wedged in between a plastic trim on the lower front portion of passenger seat bottom and the left side edge of the leather cushion (the part that is able to extend forward) no matter carefulness o avoid same. Anyone understand what I’m referring to?

The reason why I’m writing is that it seems the plastic seat bottom trim I’m referring to shouldn’t have any give, but it flexes enough for the cord to get caught / wedged by same. I’m crazy, right? If not, anyone secure the plastic trim in a way that it doesn’t flex, so this doesn’t happen? A strong tape would work, but far too crude.

Sorry, but no photos, as car is at dealer now.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 11:14 PM   #2
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600
So this is a weird one (apologies in advance)!

I have an Apple iPhone and use the USB to lighting cord to charge same in my car. I plug the USB end to the outlet in the center storage compartment and have same slip through the center arm rests. When not using the cord I allow it to drape down by the front passenger seat, and it ends up lying on the carpet by the passenger foot well. Anyone else do this?

My problem, however, is that all too often when going to reach for the cord, when pulling it up, it gets caught / wedged in between a plastic trim on the lower front portion of passenger seat bottom and the left side edge of the leather cushion (the part that is able to extend forward) no matter carefulness o avoid same. Anyone understand what I’m referring to?

The reason why I’m writing is that it seems the plastic seat bottom trim I’m referring to shouldn’t have any give, but it flexes enough for the cord to get caught / wedged by same. I’m crazy, right? If not, anyone secure the plastic trim in a way that it doesn’t flex, so this doesn’t happen? A strong tape would work, but far too crude.

Sorry, but no photos, as car is at dealer now.

Thanks.
Ok, I'm trying to wrap my head around this one...

Which number is the bothersome piece?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 12:49 AM   #3
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Ha; thanks for chiming in!

Was going to say I think that's the LCI housing, but I went to realoem.com and see same diagram for my VIN.

Not sure if realoem.com uses the same diagram for both, but from that shown, it's getting stuck where Part 5 and 1 meet, as if 5 may not be clipped into 1 properly.

But 5 on my car doesn't seem to have such clips, and my driver's seat 5 flexes in the same way my passenger seat does; just enough so the cord gets caught like 20% of the time. :|

Unless, there's clips only on the outer side of same and none on the inner, which is where I'm complaining of, and it's getting stuck between 5 and 4!

Looks like I'm going to need to take a picture for this one.

Will do so when I get my car back.

Thanks again.

BTW, currently at dealer for transfer gearbox replacement for the FOURTH time.
Appreciate 0