BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #221
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Kevin - the adult life gets super pricey...

Just insurance alone is eye popping.
Life insurance, umbrella insurance, car insurance, health insurance, jewelry insurance, home owners insurance...
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 11:27 PM   #222
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: N/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Kevin - the adult life gets super pricey...

Just insurance alone is eye popping.
Life insurance, umbrella insurance, car insurance, health insurance, jewelry insurance, home owners insurance...
I guess the M will have to wait.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 05:44 PM   #223
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: N/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by YasM3 View Post
I cannot believe this thread is still going.

Buy the ///M.

Buy lots of coke.

Buy lots of hookers.

Parents will bail you out when you need it.

/Thread.
Lol The M has to wait
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 11:38 PM   #224
f30nynj
Chilling
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F25 X3

Since this thread is still pursuing, I will also add my $0.02.

I am 30 now, so I haven't crossed your age too long ago. As others advised, I would sit on the decision for some more time. If anything try to get into hobbies like snowboarding, traveling, investing etc. Move out and far away from parents and try to make a life. Save these earning for rough days. And when you finally cross $80k and managed to get decent credit, get a used e92 m3. That car is still well respected and grabs equal attention. Take It to car meets and you'll see.

And lastly get a GF who you actually like and someone who is not high maintenance. You will learn life's lessons.

About me: got used 328i as first car at age 26. I live NY/Brooklyn, so didn't need a car up until I moved to Jersey. Then traded in for a new 328i for $392/month with taxes as down. I was making $140k then. Now I drive a 2016 535 that I got for a steal at $450/month with tax and fees as down. Bottom line stay frugal and learn from others mistake.
2013 F30 -> SOLD
2007 E90 -> SOLD
Appreciate 1
///Cardia299.50
      12-10-2016, 04:02 AM   #225
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Skipped around in this thread, so apologies if you've already made up your mind, but figured I'd add my advice...

I'm 23, currently in grad school. I've been blessed to have great parents (well, a great mom, dad's a dick...) who paid for my undergrad and provided rent and pocket money all the way through...gotta pay my own tuition in grad school, which ends up being ~$50,000/year...~$150,000 in student loans...luckily, my mom still give me some pocket money for groceries and (a lot of) alcohol, but with an extra $500 at the end of the month and a job lined up, thought about getting a used M3. Sat down and really thought about it, and thought better of it...decided instead to get a new Wrangler, so I can make sure I'm paying off student loans and have enough to save and put a down payment on a house...no better feeling than having a house almost right out of school...

OK, I have no idea where I'm going with this, it's 4:50am and I have two finals this week, but I guess what I'm suggesting is cars are stupid as fuck, only good is to get you from point A to point B... take your money and buy a house and move out of the parents house. I cannot imagine being 23 and still living in the parents house...as much as I love them (my mom), being independent is a huge step to adulthood (and trust bro, you ain't living the "adult life" yet...wait until you have wives, kids, house mortgage, kids school and groceries, insurance, vet bills, side chicks that start actin brand new and want to go to expensive restaurants all of the sudden.......)

I mean cmon bro, this is common sense!!! You wanna be a momma's boy and live in daddy's basement the rest of your life??? The kids picking on you because you smell like mountain dew and twinkies, haven't showered in years because "women are attracted to natural human scent", a full-grown pubey beard with matching sideburns...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 05:04 AM   #226
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Fuck even squish is getting old on me. Dem feels. Well said broseph.
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      12-12-2016, 04:32 PM   #227
Matt@EuroJerks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Jeep Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30nynj View Post
Since this thread is still pursuing, I will also add my $0.02.

I am 30 now, so I haven't crossed your age too long ago. As others advised, I would sit on the decision for some more time. If anything try to get into hobbies like snowboarding, traveling, investing etc. Move out and far away from parents and try to make a life. Save these earning for rough days. And when you finally cross $80k and managed to get decent credit, get a used e92 m3. That car is still well respected and grabs equal attention. Take It to car meets and you'll see.

And lastly get a GF who you actually like and someone who is not high maintenance. You will learn life's lessons.

About me: got used 328i as first car at age 26. I live NY/Brooklyn, so didn't need a car up until I moved to Jersey. Then traded in for a new 328i for $392/month with taxes as down. I was making $140k then. Now I drive a 2016 535 that I got for a steal at $450/month with tax and fees as down. Bottom line stay frugal and learn from others mistake.
So eloquent.
Appreciate 0