BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-13-2016, 12:45 PM   #67
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Appreciate 1
Biorin2784.50
      11-13-2016, 12:50 PM   #68
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: N/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
We aren't judging. You came here for advice.....a service......and we provided that. Just because you're prone to disregarding that advice doesn't make us judgmental. We were all twenty once. We know EXACTLY what it's like to think like a twenty year old. We're trying to save you from making some of the same mistakes that many of us made.
True you have a point I just wanted advice and what you guys are saying is good. I just don't know which is best for me get in a crappy car and move out and wait god knows how long to get a M. Or stay with my parents and get a M
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 12:51 PM   #69
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin__ View Post
Quote:
We aren't judging. You came here for advice.....a service......and we provided that. Just because you're prone to disregarding that advice doesn't make us judgmental. We were all twenty once. We know EXACTLY what it's like to think like a twenty year old. We're trying to save you from making some of the same mistakes that many of us made.
True you have a point I just wanted advice and what you guys are saying is good. I just don't know which is best for me get in a crappy car and move out and wait god knows how long to get a M. Or stay with my parents and get a M
I already told you TWELVE MONTHS. That is not a long time.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 01:01 PM   #70
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I already told you TWELVE MONTHS. That is not a long time.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 01:03 PM   #71
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
LMAO made my afternoon
Appreciate 1
      11-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #72
RobC2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: different makes and models.

So to summarize:

1) OP: I want to buy an M3 because of my friends and because it has been my DREAM CAR for two whole years. I can't because I don't have enough money without involving my parents, which I don't want to do. I need advice.

2) Other Posters: That is a bad idea because (many well thought out reasons and examples from life experience).

3) OP: You guys are wrong, you just don't understand.

(repeat steps two and three for four pages and counting)
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 01:07 PM   #73
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep

So after getting all the feedback from experienced people. Which I appreciate gonna save for another 2 months or so and decide what to do whether move out first then save or just say fuck it and get it.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 01:07 PM   #74
Vooj
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M4 ZCP

It is your decision to make. Most of the folks have provided reasonable advice. I did not buy a brand new car until this year after I owned a home for 5 years, had no other car payments, had solid college funds for my 9 yr old and 7 yr old and our household net income was over $200k. My first car was a used Nissan Maxima with 30k miles on it or so. I wouldn't recommend that car for fun, but there are plenty of fun used cars out there that make financial sense. All of this is moot point if the parents won't cosign...and again, I would laugh in my daughters' faces. Hell, I might even spit take like a cartoon character.

What is your game plan should you business collapse? Have you thought about that?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 01:08 PM   #75
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC2 View Post
So to summarize:

1) OP: I want to buy an M3 because of my friends and because it has been my DREAM CAR for two whole years. I can't because I don't have enough money without involving my parents, which I don't want to do. I need advice.

2) Other Posters: That is a bad idea because (many well thought out reasons and examples from life experience).

3) OP: You guys are wrong, you just don't understand.

(repeat steps two and three for four pages and counting)
Lol pretty much but like I just posted at least I asked before just jumping the gun and doing it anyways.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 01:12 PM   #76
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vooj View Post
It is your decision to make. Most of the folks have provided reasonable advice. I did not buy a brand new car until this year after I owned a home for 5 years, had no other car payments, had solid college funds for my 9 yr old and 7 yr old and our household net income was over $200k. My first car was a used Nissan Maxima with 30k miles on it or so. I wouldn't recommend that car for fun, but there are plenty of fun used cars out there that make financial sense. All of this is moot point if the parents won't cosign...and again, I would laugh in my daughters' faces. Hell, I might even spit take like a cartoon character.

What is your game plan should you business collapse? Have you thought about that?
Yes I have thought it out. Like I said I make what I make a month either stays at 5k or goes up. So I'm gonna keep saving for a few more months have been looking at a few apartments because I am ready to leave just not ready for the bills lol but it's life. But after a few months depending on my back account and what I looks like I will either do the apartment first or car.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #77
mpizutti
2018 M3CS Pittsburgh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 528 , 2018 M3CS 2020 M8

Garage List
2017 M3  [0.00]
2016 bmw m2351  [0.00]
Quote:
It's not a "troll" 60k is a lot for me actually coming from a part time job only making 12k A YEAR. I make 5k+ it goes up or stays their just depends on how much effort I put in for the month. If you don't have some positive advice I would appreciate if you not comment at all. Been working on this for 2 years to have financial freedom and LAST thing I need is for someone like you to bring my hopes down making me feel like I haven't accomplished shit in life. 👌🏼
This post really shows that you can not afford the car of your dreams right now. At 20 years old you state that you could make more than the 5k+ or you can stay their(really it is there). You state you could make more if your effort was more. Well if you really wanted this car of your dreams, i would think that you would be busting your ass(this is life) but you want the easy way out. You are looking for someone else to fund you. If you want the car work harder. You live at home at 20 that is fine if you are working towards a real goal in life ie. down payment for a home not for a car. I would bet that most of the people here their first car was used and not their dream car. Shit I wanted a 1980 Z28..but ended up with 1983 mercury Ln7...haha look that shit up. You have a lot of growing to do so with that step back and get a lesser car. Or just say fuck it YOLO bitch!!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 01:17 PM   #78
Brasko
#LSBM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
Now taking bets on how long before the OP wrecks his ride?

On a serious note, you and any other 20 year old should not be driving ANY vehicle with as much HP/TQ as an M3. Your lack of experience in driving (and life in general) may lead to an upset.

If I were you, I'd save up and pick up a 3 series on lease/used, it's got more than enough power/performance for you. Stack your bread and purchase your dream car when you have built the credit & experience driving. You will appreciate the M3 more in the long run and won't have to rely on your parents to bail you out.

The major key is patience.

Good luck!

/// M3
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 01:20 PM   #79
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpizutti View Post
This post really shows that you can not afford the car of your dreams right now. At 20 years old you state that you could make more than the 5k+ or you can stay their(really it is there). You state you could make more if your effort was more. Well if you really wanted this car of your dreams, i would think that you would be busting your ass(this is life) but you want the easy way out. You are looking for someone else to fund you. If you want the car work harder. You live at home at 20 that is fine if you are working towards a real goal in life ie. down payment for a home not for a car. I would bet that most of the people here their first car was used and not their dream car. Shit I wanted a 1980 Z28..but ended up with 1983 mercury Ln7...haha look that shit up. You have a lot of growing to do so with that step back and get a lesser car. Or just say fuck it YOLO bitch!!

Sheesh my head is in the wrong place I for sure plan on working harder. My grandma recommended I get a house instead of an apartment(which I plan to share with my brother) but I wanna get a house when I have a family. Not sure which is better but look after all the pressuring I guess I'll wait another year and keep dreaming and working harder who knows. But once I see 45k in the bank I will make the move and I'm not to far from that either.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 01:24 PM   #80
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

Quote:
I can handle it it's just a lot of you since you have "experienced" are so judge mental. You don't know my exact financial situation besides what I provided you guys with. But I am looking and some of the advice is good.
Who's judge mental? Is that a person? Ohhh did you mean judgmental?

At 20, are you in college or just banking on this $5k/month "internet" job for the next few years? You need to keep looking 5, 10, 15 years down the road. Does the M help put you in a better place? Probably not.
      11-13-2016, 01:25 PM   #81
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
Now taking bets on how long before the OP wrecks his ride?

On a serious note, you and any other 20 year old should not be driving ANY vehicle with as much HP/TQ as an M3. Your lack of experience in driving (and life in general) may lead to an upset.

If I were you, I'd save up and pick up a 3 series on lease/used, it's got more than enough power/performance for you. Stack your bread and purchase your dream car when you have built the credit & experience driving. You will appreciate the M3 more in the long run and won't have to rely on your parents to bail you out.

The major key is patience.

Good luck!

Lol I drove it at least from when I drove it I'm sure I can handle it. My friend has an M5 and his 20 as well that has more hp. But about the patience thing I'm 100% sure that's my problem I don't wanna wait anymore BEEN wanting it since the 2015 version came out. Another entrepreneur friend of mine is 23 he started forex prob 2 years ago and 8 months into it he was driving an M4. Honestly where my mindset is at I think if I push hard enough I could make my first 100k year by 2018.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #82
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsChrisM View Post
Who's judge mental? Is that a person? Ohhh did you mean judgmental?

At 20, are you in college or just banking on this $5k/month "internet" job for the next few years? You need to keep looking 5, 10, 15 years down the road. Does the M help put you in a better place? Probably not.
Yea that's what I meant... I just started college and I don't plan to finish either. Yes I'm banking off this internet money will be adding my second stream of income come Jan. I just wanna be out the house and on my own by 23- 25
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 01:28 PM   #83
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

If you're gonna a do it, I say go the whole 9 and do ED as well lol
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 01:29 PM   #84
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

Quote:
Lol I drove it at least from when I drove it I'm sure I can handle it. My friend has an M5 and his 20 as well that has more hp. But about the patience thing I'm 100% sure that's my problem I don't wanna wait anymore BEEN wanting it since the 2015 version came out. Another entrepreneur friend of mine is 23 he started forex prob 2 years ago and 8 months into it he was driving an M4. Honestly where my mindset is at I think if I push hard enough I could make my first 100k year by 2018.
How about getting a used but clean 135i or 435i with the M Package, that's very nice to drive, powerful and cheaper........for now......then later on, when you are sure you are ready, you can go for the M4.

I am 32 but I totally understand your mindset and not wanting to wait. So I say, wait, but let the wait be enjoyable with something pleasant and fun to drive that won't cause a big financial drain for you, yet is super fun, classy until you move out and are sure you can afford the M4, that way, you won't have buyer's remorse.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 01:46 PM   #85
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Lol pretty much but like I just posted at least I asked before just jumping the gun and doing it anyways.
Naw, the strongest part of your brain is also the dumbest and it's going assfuck reason and get that M. We all know you're going to fuck up Kevin, even you, so let's just get it over with already.

That Miami BMW salesperson is going to lock onto you like a wolf on the dumbest sheep in the herd and they're going take all your money Kev. Hell, by the time they're done with you, you'll hand over your right nut if they asked. But don't worry, they just want all your money.

Just do us a favor: please photoblog the whole thing - the salesperson, the car, your first big crash ... and we'll give you likes! - cause it's going to be epic.
Appreciate 3
Vooj41.50
swagon13502.00
      11-13-2016, 02:11 PM   #86
Vooj
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M4 ZCP

Quote:
Yea that's what I meant... I just started college and I don't plan to finish either.
Seems you like to throw money into the void then. Get that M ASAP then. There is no reason prolonging the inevitable. You can just blame the old guys on the internet at this point. Nature and Nurture are at play here and the more you tell us, the more I think your parents just might cosign.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 02:21 PM   #87
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vooj View Post
Seems you like to throw money into the void then. Get that M ASAP then. There is no reason prolonging the inevitable. You can just blame the old guys on the internet at this point. Nature and Nurture are at play here and the more you tell us, the more I think your parents just might cosign.
After all this I plan to get a 2014 Lexus IS250 cost 24k something. Pay half of the car now so that I at least have something to drive. Move out get my first apartment. They by the time 8 months pass I will have an apartment and car payment of the 8- 12 months on my history something BMW can see that I am responsible. Hopefully by then I won't need a co signer and I will have well over 50k in the bank. How's that idea...
Appreciate 2
Vooj41.50
Tinilp46.50
      11-13-2016, 03:04 PM   #88
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Quote:
After all this I plan to get a 2014 Lexus IS250 cost 24k something. Pay half of the car now so that I at least have something to drive. Move out get my first apartment. They by the time 8 months pass I will have an apartment and car payment of the 8- 12 months on my history something BMW can see that I am responsible. Hopefully by then I won't need a co signer and I will have well over 50k in the bank. How's that idea...
Having 50k in the bank at 20 sounds great. Keep going and building that account. Invest and compound your money. Keep going. You're too fucking young to buy a $70k car. You're going to look back one day and realize that your 20 year old self was wrong about a lot of things.
Appreciate 0