BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-08-2016, 04:04 PM   #23
natedog7700
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i RB's 625whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerxq View Post
And yes the guy tried stopping with his foot.
View post on imgur.com
No one seems to be answering your question (not sure if that means your joking or not) but i would say yes absolutely. Even stud-less tires work wonders.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 09:26 PM   #24
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 "325i"

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog7700 View Post
No one seems to be answering your question (not sure if that means your joking or not) but i would say yes absolutely. Even stud-less tires work wonders.
Yeah I figured. I went from General Altimax Arctic to Nokian Hakapellitta R2. The Generals were amazing in the snow but were pretty bad with ice. I have no doubt I would of ended up in the same situation with the
Generals. And I haven't had a chance to try the Nokian yet, not even in the snow.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 10:14 PM   #25
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerxq View Post
Yeah I figured. I went from General Altimax Arctic to Nokian Hakapellitta R2. The Generals were amazing in the snow but were pretty bad with ice. I have no doubt I would of ended up in the same situation with the
Generals. And I haven't had a chance to try the Nokian yet, not even in the snow.
I have a LOT of miles on the altimax arctics and they are very good tires

If you watch the video carefully you can see that when the wheels are turning the car is responding and turning/moving in the correct direction

Its not until numbnuts locks the wheels does gravity take over and the car simply slides down the hill instead of moving across it in the direction he/she was trying to go

With proper driving tecnique I think that car with ANY decent snow tire would have avoided the accident

Problem wasnt the tires, it was the driver
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 02:00 AM   #26
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Give the poor guy a break - this may be excellent avoidance, even if he is an obvious spaz. True he locked and slid, but if he' kept on it, look what's ahead for him down the hill (and we see that he can't really control it on this grade): pedestrians on both sidewalks, and either a head on w/ truck, of into the back of the van. I'd have taken the slow slide into a fender, over any of those.

Now the 'about to try to get out of the car while still moving and about to hit' - that kinda spoils any idea that this was a calculated act of skill.
Appreciate 0