BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-08-2015, 10:51 AM   #23
neliconcept
Fashion Photographer
Rep
Drives: 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Current: 2014 VW CC R-Line DSG

Future: Really itching for a Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock but fear the driving dynamics would be so bad that I'll end up unhappy.

I have a growing need for a daily driver SUV so something in that space that doesn't suck would be nice. Any ideas? I could always take over my wife's '14 GC Overland Hemi and get her something like a Tahoe.
Volvo has a new SUV coming out that looks pretty sick! Audi SQ5 maybe? if you want an offroad SUV however, I would consider a 4runner TRD offroad pkg.

I wonder how Jaguar/Land Rover have gotten with their QC and are their cars not blowing up as much? Then I'd consider a RR sport SC
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 10:55 AM   #24
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Current: 2013 BMW 128i M-Sport
Next: 2021 M2 or Cayman

Probably still keep my 128i and give it to my son.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 11:05 AM   #25
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
Current: 2013 BMW 128i M-Sport
Next: 2021 M2 or Cayman

Probably still keep my 128i and give it to my son.
Hell of a first car!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 11:13 AM   #26
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto View Post
The problem is. You shouldnt be daily driving it! lol Keep it low mileage, its a low production investment!
screw that. i live for every day.....not going to compromise for "investment". life is more important than depreciation of material possessions. the memories i make are far more valuable than a few thousand $$$.
Appreciate 3
      04-08-2015, 11:15 AM   #27
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Hell of a first car!
Hope he feels that way in 5-6 years.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 11:16 AM   #28
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
screw that. i live for every day.....not going to compromise for "investment". life is more important than depreciation of material possessions. the memories i make are far more valuable than a few thousand $$$.
I like your mindset!
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2015, 10:04 PM   #29
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
Perfectly said. Drive that damn thing!

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 02:19 PM   #30
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoldbeemer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
Current car:
2015 Mustang GT

Next car:
GT350, used F82, or maybe just keep my car, gut it and turn it into a fully built toy and buy something civil to DD, like a GTI. I don't see myself getting rid of my current car. It's just too much fun and with my new exhaust I think it sounds better than almost anything else out there.
Can you share your thoughts on the Mustang GT, how it feels vs the typical BMW feel? I haven't driven the new one. Maybe I will add it to my 2017 shopping list.

I'm having a hard time finding cars with a "raw" feeling anymore.
That raw feeling is one of the reasons I bought it.

Great car. It feels like Ford took the E92 M3 and Mustang ingredients and cooked up a hybridized offspring. That applies to nearly everything; the styling, the drivability, the refinement, and the sizing.

Big issue for Bimmer drivers is transitioning to this car's wildly different proportions. It admittedly felt huge during the first couple of weeks, but it's something you get accustomed to in short time. The hood felt cumbersome in the beginning and now I've grown to love the drama of seeing it stick out. Reminds me of what's hiding underneath.

Steering is a step down from my E92 in terms of weighting and predictability (loading up and lightening as you work the tires), but accuracy is on point, and there's enough feedback going on for me to say that it's fairly competitive with current BMW 2/3s.

Chassis balance is better for performance driving. Doesn't hold your hand and make up for your driving errors, but way higher performance envelope and way less understeer-y.

Brakes are much better with credit going to the massive stoppers and big P Zeros (okay tires but I'm getting PSSs next).

Noise is in another league. Cabin noise gets tons of induction boom and the exhaust really comes out to play once you ditch the factory midpipe and/or mufflers.

Aftermarket is mega. Cheaper, more parts. Much easier installs, and a hell of a lot more fun to do than plugging in a tuner and calling it a day. Community is both big and friendly but feels very divided between old and new school at some points.

Wouldn't buy anything else for less than $50k on the market right now, regardless of reviews or what could be considered objectively better. The car exceeds with subjective criteria more than anything.

Cons:
-shit mileage
-poor rear seat headroom
-infotainment can't touch iDrive's ergonomics but does the job
-everyone wants to race
-the stigma and stereotypes get old, both in person and online
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 02:39 PM   #31
chillindrdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels

M3 for at least another generation....then a 911 GT3 RS or 87-89 porsche 911
      04-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #32
improvius
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 X28i

Going from: 2007 GTI
Getting into: 2015 X1 x28i

I've been in GTIs for the past 15 years, and I'm at a point where I simply don't toss it around corners as much as I used to. I was VERY close to getting into the new Golf R, but decided I'd really rather have a more comfortable driving experience most of the time. I think the X1 will give me a more enjoyable ride most of the time, while still letting me do the occasional spirited drive.

Plus, I have a general aversion to buying the first model year of a new gen vehicle. As far as trouble and reliability go, I'm much more comfortable getting into the last-gen X1 than the new-gen Golf R.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 06:06 PM   #33
evo335xi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Current: 2013 e92 335 x-drive 6-speed

Next: e90 m3 6 speed, b8 s4 6-speed, Audi RS3 6-Speed when available!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 10:02 PM   #34
Malibu1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Charger HC, Backdraft Cobra

2013 Ford Raptor, 2014 Jeep GC and 1965 Backdraft Cobra Replica is what I have now. Don't think I will change anything. Maybe a 16 Raptor if they come with v8 option. Otherwise I may add a Ford Focus St or eyeball the new RS when it comes out.
      04-11-2015, 10:46 PM   #35
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i 6MT

'07+ Escalade EXT or '14+ Sierra Denali. That's to replace my Avalanche, though I don't drive it a lot other than towing the boat, hauling stuff, snow days, etc. I'm driving the Avalanche into the ground as it is a pretty reliable truck.

Just got the 335, so I will probably keep it for a few years. After that depends on what I need - 2nd Gen CTS-V Coupe would probably be a nice replacement if I still need 4 seater daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 06:57 AM   #36
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:

Great car. It feels like Ford took the E92 M3 and Mustang ingredients and cooked up a hybridized offspring. That applies to nearly everything; the styling, the drivability, the refinement, and the sizing.

Big issue for Bimmer drivers is transitioning to this car's wildly different proportions. It admittedly felt huge during the first couple of weeks, but it's something you get accustomed to in short time. The hood felt cumbersome in the beginning and now I've grown to love the drama of seeing it stick out. Reminds me of what's hiding underneath.

Steering is a step down from my E92 in terms of weighting and predictability (loading up and lightening as you work the tires), but accuracy is on point, and there's enough feedback going on for me to say that it's fairly competitive with current BMW 2/3s.

Chassis balance is better for performance driving. Doesn't hold your hand and make up for your driving errors, but way higher performance envelope and way less understeer-y.

Brakes are much better with credit going to the massive stoppers and big P Zeros (okay tires but I'm getting PSSs next).

Noise is in another league. Cabin noise gets tons of induction boom and the exhaust really comes out to play once you ditch the factory midpipe and/or mufflers.

Aftermarket is mega. Cheaper, more parts. Much easier installs, and a hell of a lot more fun to do than plugging in a tuner and calling it a day. Community is both big and friendly but feels very divided between old and new school at some points.

Wouldn't buy anything else for less than $50k on the market right now, regardless of reviews or what could be considered objectively better. The car exceeds with subjective criteria more than anything.

Cons:
-shit mileage
-poor rear seat headroom
-everyone wants to race
Excellent review. Concise and far better than anything I've read in a car magazine. Thanks.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 09:42 AM   #37
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Current: 2013 Audi S4

Next: Not sure, I may not replace it right away. I've a Raptor for dd, and The family Escalade esv so the next car and be fun, but should still have a back seat or I just wouldn't drive it enough.

Contenders: used 991 Turbo or Turbo S, I took my 4 year old to try them on she fits just fine.
used 991 S/4S
new M4, 6mt
used M5 is tempting they get punished on resale value.
New GT350
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 10:21 AM   #38
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:

Cons:
-shit mileage
-poor rear seat headroom
-everyone wants to race
Thanks for the feedback. On my joy ride with the mustang it feels full sportscar not so much muscle car like before which I thought was good. Felt stiffer then E92 and the steering felt darty. I think it gives a lot of bang for your buck sports car performance if you want a manual.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 03:26 PM   #39
kred
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 328i 6mt

Current: e92 328i

Next: M2, Ford GT/350
      04-12-2015, 03:40 PM   #40
ABPReader
Deserter
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BM&W

Last edited by ABPReader; 10-14-2015 at 03:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 05:18 PM   #41
newoldbeemer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i

Quote:

Cons:
-shit mileage
-poor rear seat headroom
-everyone wants to race
Thanks for the excellent review!

I didn't realize the new 'stangs are that good. Definitely on my shopping list now!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 07:08 PM   #42
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

I am really happy with my E36/7 MZ3 and modded Saab wagon.

I think the next car to be replaced with be my wife's Saab. I might put her in a Volvo S60 as she liked the AWD+Turbo combo of her current Saab.

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 07:56 PM   #43
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

My next investment will be in a home. Maybe a 340i xDrive.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 11:36 AM   #44
scott@bmwhn
Major
Rep
Drives: Msport X3

current: 15 X3 28i (mine), 15 X1 28i (wifes)
future: Tentative plan is to put the wife into the X3 then maybe an X5 so I can take Euro delivery on another car (4 GC, F80 M3, M2 maybe)

Down the road I would like to have a Porche in the garage or a track toy

-Scott

Previous: 20' X3 M40i, 19' 740i Msport, 17' 430i GC, 15' Msport X3 28i, 15' Sportline X1 28i, 13' Msport 328i, 09' Msport 335i, 07' Msport 335i
Appreciate 0