BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

04-04-2024, 12:27 PM   #1
gizmo32
Private
Rep
Drives: 19 audi s4

2016 750i standard wheelbase

Im about to pull a trigger for a blacked out 2016 750i here in canada for $30k at BMW dealer with 4 year $0 deductibe 190,000 kms Extended BMW warranty of course

Had a 340i and M4 over the years happy to be back in a BMW!!

My research has shown in canada models could be the standard or long wheel base, this model i am buying is the standard.

I come from a 19 audi s4 rear seat is quite small now with my toddler kicks my seat all the time.

My question is, standard wheel base rear seat room will be well enough? Should be a big upgrade over the S4 right? cant seem to find comparisons between standard and long, someone with standard comment?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2024, 01:58 PM   #2
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Rear seat space is very dependent on how front seats are regulated. Generally you should be okay with 180cm driver and 180cm rear passenger on rear comfort seats. I feel that rear comfort seats rob you a bit of legroom, but not too much. At any rate, it will be significant upgrade over S4. With LWB, you dont need to worry about the space as there is enough for everyone.

I'm 176cm and I have ample leg room when I sit in the back and front seat is in my driving position. I do like slightly upright driving position, though. I specifically went for SWB as it is sufficient and has better handling.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2024, 02:08 PM   #3
gizmo32
Private
Rep
Drives: 19 audi s4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
Rear seat space is very dependent on how front seats are regulated. Generally you should be okay with 180cm driver and 180cm rear passenger on rear comfort seats. I feel that rear comfort seats rob you a bit of legroom, but not too much. At any rate, it will be significant upgrade over S4. With LWB, you dont need to worry about the space as there is enough for everyone.

I'm 176cm and I have ample leg room when I sit in the back and front seat is in my driving position. I do like slightly upright driving position, though. I specifically went for SWB as it is sufficient and has better handling.
great insight! This will help me make a decision.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 03:30 AM   #4
Kilo_one_one
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d G11

You might to do a bit more investigation on this. I run a short wheel base G11 and have a tall 7 year old daughter. The problem in that the rear seats are designed to be very comfortable for an adult, and therefore have a much deeper bench than most family cars.
As a result when a child is in a forward facing seat their legs are forced straight out. If your child is a toddler that may not be an issue in the very short term but for our daughter there is very little room for her feet, as her toes are hard against the seat back, whereas an adult would have space for their shins.
I can sit in comfort behind my 6’3” seat position but my daughter looks crammed in, more than once she’s mentioned that she preferred our old Skoda kodiaq.

I think you should take your car seat and have a proper look yourself. I’m sure the problem is non existent in a G12.
Might be speaking out of turn but if in Canada I think I’d be tempted by the G12, whereas in the UK the G11 is already too big for a standard 4.8m long parking bay.
Appreciate 0