BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

12-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
GentleWen
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Z4 35i

TINT (where/how/how much)?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I know this must be a rookie question, but I didn't find any straight answer..
so...

I'm getting my new car soon (bmw status shows "finishing touches")
And I wanna get my windows tinted.

Does bmw dealership provide such services(if so free or?) or do I have to do it at some bodyshop?

Thanks very much!!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
cuiter23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2 6Spd

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [6.00]
Lots of people get 5% (limo tint) in the rear and 35% in the front. Not sure if it is legal to tint the front where you live.

Tint is quite expensive I'm pretty sure you wont get a tint for free anywhere.

Good luck!
[SOLD] 2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l M-Sport Rear Bumper l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
2023 G87 M2 6Spd - HEA Package | OEM M Performance Carbon Wing
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
GentleWen
Private
Rep

so any idea when should I do it?
my car just arrived at the dealership!!!!
should it be done before I pick up?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
gpb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Cabrio

If you want to pay dealership prices for the tint, there's an advantage to having it already done when you pick up the car and folding the cost into any financing.

Flip side is you don't pick the installer, get to talk with them about what you want to achieve, see different tints, and choose what best meets you needs.

I'd suggest you pick up the phone and talk to the dealer about it ASAP, find out the costs and options. Then get onto Yelp or Kudzu or similar, look up well rated tint shops in your area, and get on the phone with them too.

In the end, much like your dinner, laundry detergent, and underwear, you do need to decide what's important to you vs. what's important to a bunch of strangers.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
GentleWen
Private
Rep

thanks very much.
very helpful!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpb View Post
If you want to pay dealership prices for the tint, there's an advantage to having it already done when you pick up the car and folding the cost into any financing.

Flip side is you don't pick the installer, get to talk with them about what you want to achieve, see different tints, and choose what best meets you needs.

I'd suggest you pick up the phone and talk to the dealer about it ASAP, find out the costs and options. Then get onto Yelp or Kudzu or similar, look up well rated tint shops in your area, and get on the phone with them too.

In the end, much like your dinner, laundry detergent, and underwear, you do need to decide what's important to you vs. what's important to a bunch of strangers.
Appreciate 0