BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

10-10-2015, 05:32 PM   #1
GFK007
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Singapore Grey vs Dark Graphite

I saw an F 750li today sitting beside a Singapore Grey M5, and I could not tell the difference between the two for the life of me. Graphite may have a touch more sparkle, but hard to tell.

Can anyone comment? G-7 is offered in both...

(gone but not forgotten) 2011 e90 M Sport - M-Tech Carbon Diffuser, OEM Carbon Trunk Spoiler, 20% tint, black reflectors, black OEM grille, LUX white Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 08:49 PM   #2
HS
Registered
Rep
Drives: Soon..

hi,

it depends on whether you are getting the M sport package or not. Singapore grey is exclusively offered for M sport, and you can't get Sophisto grey (AKA dark graphite) with the M sport.

Sophisto grey is possibly one of the best shades of dark grey offered in any car period. it's a very stable colour. it looks pretty much the same under most lighting conditions except at night where it might appear black. it's also "xirallic" which means it's more sparkly. Singapore grey on the other hand is lighter, shifts colours dramatically and has a blue hue to it.

here are pictures of Singapore grey under different lighting conditions

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 09:53 PM   #3
GFK007
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Thanks. I definitely want the cognac interior.

I understand the Singapore grey only comes with the M sport pack. I saw an SG m5 next to a 750li in dark graphite and I couldn't tell the difference between the two. Dark graphite may have had a bit more of a sparkle to it.

(gone but not forgotten) 2011 e90 M Sport - M-Tech Carbon Diffuser, OEM Carbon Trunk Spoiler, 20% tint, black reflectors, black OEM grille, LUX white Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2015, 04:18 PM   #4
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

The bluish-green tint of the singapore grey is definitely noticeable compared to sophisto (dark grey metallic ii or whatever it's called nowadays). It's a fairly popular color on the M6 so I've seen a few of them. Still not sure which color I'd prefer, though. Probably going to go with mineral white/shadowline again.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2015, 09:28 AM   #5
zer0cool
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

Singapore Grey is the most beautiful BMW color, meaning to me, it's more beautiful than any and all other available BMW colors. If I were to purchase a 7 or M5, it would be in Singapore grey.
Appreciate 1