BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

11-22-2015, 02:38 AM   #23
ace_maverick
Vice President - BMW Club UAE
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: e46+e92+f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBry View Post
That was very cool. What a treat for you guys!
Yes, it truly was an honour!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2015, 02:47 AM   #24
ace_maverick
Vice President - BMW Club UAE
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: e46+e92+f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
I'm a 3 series lover but I found this entertaining and interesting. I always viewed the 7 series as the technology/comfort/chubby aspect of the brand. BMW itself has been posed as a Motorsport brand for the mainstream. The fact that the 7 series is attempting to take on the "sporty" identity is reassuring that complacency is not brewing within! I know it sounds dumb because the 7 is the one you buy when your living fat.....but an M7 sounds really cool. I don't think we outgrow awesome design, performance, functionality and horsepower EVER! Comfort can still bone out right? So gimmie an M7 with flared fenders, an S# motor and a chiller for my drank!
The thought of an M7 is really enticing! but Karim wasnt fully convinced with the idea especially due to the long wheel base. All the current ///Ms (including the X5M and X6M) are trackable to a certain extent. But a long wheel base 7er M would not be ideal on a track. It seems the ///M division wants to churn out cars that are equally track worthy and street worthy.

I guess in a few months the 760i M-sport will be released to compete with S63 and S8
Appreciate 0