BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

08-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
nomorebenz
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Question Anyone Have All Oyster Leather AND M Sport Package?

I'm trading in my benz for a new 750 and am thinking about getting the all Oyster nappa leather interior with the M Sport package. I was just wondering how the anthracite headliner looks with such a light interior. I don't know if the oyster and anthracite would look good or not. The other option, of course, is the oyster/black combination, but I prefer the all oyster. If anyone has any pictures of all oyster and the anthhracite headliner that would be great too! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by nomorebenz; 08-18-2011 at 01:06 AM.. Reason: Corrected headline to headliner.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Go with oyster black! You wont regret having a stylish interior with cleaner looking carpets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorebenz View Post
I'm trading in my benz for a new 750 and am thinking about getting the all Oyster nappa leather interior with the M Sport package. I was just wondering how the anthracite headline looks with such a light interior. I don't know if the oyster and anthracite would look good or not. The other option, of course, is the oyster/black combination, but I prefer the all oyster. If anyone has any pictures of all oyster and the anthhracite headliner that would be great too! Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 01:05 AM   #3
nomorebenz
United_States
Rep

Hi BMWrules7, I do like the oyster/black combo but I really wanted to stay away from a black interior this time. My last 2 cars have had an all black interior and I'm looking for something new and different. I know the all oyster's harder to keep clean but I don't have any kids yet and I'm pretty meticulous.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 05:13 AM   #4
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

I, too, had all black for two iterations.

Oyster black is ingenious!

First, the headliner is oyster and not that out of place grey.

Second, the black in the oyster black makes the oyster pop out!

Finally, the fact that you say you are meticulous tells me that you need oyster black and not oyster.

With oyster black you don't mind taking three passengers somewhere in the rain.

With oyster, you will always OCD in the back of your mind. Dude, think where people's shoes have been. Oyster black is not just a color, it is a practical system! Not so with oyster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorebenz View Post
Hi BMWrules7, I do like the oyster/black combo but I really wanted to stay away from a black interior this time. My last 2 cars have had an all black interior and I'm looking for something new and different. I know the all oyster's harder to keep clean but I don't have any kids yet and I'm pretty meticulous.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #5
cleofus69
New 2009 750Li owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 750Li

Oster/black is the way to go

I like to keep my car spotless! I don't think twice about taking coworkers to lunch with the black carpets.

I looked at several preowned cars with the all oyster interior and they all look a little dingy after after about 30,000 miles!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
I, too, had all black for two iterations.

Oyster black is ingenious!

First, the headliner is oyster and not that out of place grey.

Second, the black in the oyster black makes the oyster pop out!

Finally, the fact that you say you are meticulous tells me that you need oyster black and not oyster.

With oyster black you don't mind taking three passengers somewhere in the rain.

With oyster, you will always OCD in the back of your mind. Dude, think where people's shoes have been. Oyster black is not just a color, it is a practical system! Not so with oyster.
Couldn't agree more. I love the idea of Oyster myself, but I decided to do a darker color -- went with Saddle and Black. The black (as BMWrules7 points out) is primarily so I have black carpeting. I went with saddle brown for the Napa leather because I wear jeans pretty often and have seen what the denim dye can do to Oyster. Before long, you've got a blue or black hue that takes some elbow grease to get out of the leather. No thanks.

I also opted for the M-Sport package which includes the black (anthracite) headliner, and instead of the typical high-gloss wood trim, I chose Matte wood trim, because I think it brings an understated elegance to the interior.

Pick her up in a week at the Welt!

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #7
nomorebenz
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the advice cleo and Bry. I'll keep you posted after I make up my mind. Kinda wish BMW offered an all saddle interior, that would be cool too!
Appreciate 0