BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

04-27-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
jhans7154
Rep
Drives: 2007 530xi

Mineral White Metallic

Has any one seen the new BMW color Mineral White Metallic in real life? I called up my Sales rep and ask to put my order on hold because im really interested in this color, but im kinda skeptical. I hate the way the pearl white lexus look. Its hard to judge from pics because every pic i see looks diffrent. and in anybodys opinion is the alpine white a better look? thank you.

Im driving my self crazy with this please help.

Oh by the way my original order was metallic black on black leather with sport package, Im considering changing it to Mineral white, black leather with black showdow trim.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
vulcan747
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 545

Mineral white looks to be a very bright almost antiseptic

color. I know it looks good on the M3 but this executive/performance car needs a darker color. Have you checked out Sophisto Gray? It has a very elegant dark shimmering look but without the the high maintenance issues of a black car in addition to being a unique color.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #3
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhans7154 View Post
Has any one seen the new BMW color Mineral White Metallic in real life? I called up my Sales rep and ask to put my order on hold because im really interested in this color, but im kinda skeptical. I hate the way the pearl white lexus look. Its hard to judge from pics because every pic i see looks diffrent. and in anybodys opinion is the alpine white a better look? thank you.

Oh by the way my original order was metallic black on black leather with sport package, Im considering changing it to Mineral white, black leather with black showdow trim.
Color is a personal taste issue and YOU should really make up your own mind on this. People can give you all the input they like but you have to live with the decision, so go with your gut feeling what YOU think looks best
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
jhans7154
Rep

@ Xdrive50

My gut feeling is telling Mineral white but i have not been able to see one in person, i seen every other color except that mineral white so its a hard choice to make based on just pics
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
golfinguy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 750 Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhans7154 View Post

I ordered my 750 LI as Mineral White/Saddle without seeing the colors in person. The car is built and at the port awaiting shipping. I had a chance to see Mineral White side by side with Alpine White today and the difference is very subtle. In sunlight, Mineral White has a very subtle silvery tint but still looks quite white. In my opinion it does not have Lexus pearl look.

I am very happy with my choice. Oyster interior with White looked stunning and very classy. I think saddle will look great too.

It seems my car is stuck at the port for a week now waiting for a ship. Driving me nuts.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
bdecker
Registered
Rep
Drives: 09 750i Mineral White on Blk

My 750i in mineral white.

I just got my 2009 750i in mineral white. I am 26 years old and I hate the lexus pearl, and like you I ordered the car without seeing the color. I did mineral white with black napa interior. I absolutely could not be happier. I get so many compliments on the car it is ridiculous. I would definitely recommend mineral white, it is goregous.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #7
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdecker View Post
I just got my 2009 750i in mineral white. I am 26 years old and I hate the lexus pearl, and like you I ordered the car without seeing the color. I did mineral white with black napa interior. I absolutely could not be happier. I get so many compliments on the car it is ridiculous. I would definitely recommend mineral white, it is goregous.
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Please post some pictures if you can!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #8
jhans7154
Rep

Congrats on ur car and thanks for the info, you just made my day! im glad to hear from a mineral white owner. please post some pics for us to see. Thanks alot
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #9
robertb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

It's a very subtle color and it's not the least bit warm like Lexus, nor is it opalescent like Cadillac. It has an very uniform silvery sheen unlike any metallic white I've seen before. I would definitely choose it over Alpine White.
Appreciate 0