BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-24-2017, 02:05 PM   #67
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Not sure if the meat was to be wasted. I guess I have no problem if the meat was going to be used, but if not what a waste.
      05-24-2017, 02:06 PM   #68
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
I never said it helped the people, it helps the animals.
Emotions tend to get in the way of reading comprehension.
      05-24-2017, 02:11 PM   #69
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Well done. I laughed out loud.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      05-24-2017, 02:24 PM   #70
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

I wonder if Vegans feel the same way about people who eat meat.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 02:47 PM   #71
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
I wonder if Vegans feel the same way about people who eat meat.
This came to mind when i read your post.

MKSixer34171.50
      05-24-2017, 02:47 PM   #72
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
I never said it helped the people, it helps the animals.
Sure it does....

As opposed to actually remaining ALIVE!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 04:57 PM   #73
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Sure it does....

Yes, killing animals is wrong and anyone who celebrates a dead animal is a complete asshole who need to be killed
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      05-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #74
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sure it does....

Quote:

Quote:
Moar...

Quote:
My latest from the Grill....

Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts - Apple-wood Smoked Italian Sausage - Hot Links

And guys... When I tell you I have mastered cooking on the 'infrared grates', these breasts are among the most moist I've EVER cooked! @ 7min and then flip + 6min. Perfection!!!
Quote:
Enough with the chit-chat! Back to grubbing!!!!!!!!!!

hypocrite

need I continue?

Last edited by KenB925; 05-24-2017 at 05:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 05:49 PM   #75
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes, killing animals is wrong and anyone who celebrates a dead animal is a complete asshole who need to be killed
What about for food?
      05-24-2017, 05:53 PM   #76
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
What about for food?
check the embed link
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 06:27 PM   #77
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
*colour

Crazy American. Pre 1776 there would have been no disagreement you know. But no, you had to go declare yourselves independent of British rule and apparently decided to throw away all sorts of useful things involving measurements and proper English.
Say burglar alarm
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 06:28 PM   #78
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

KenB... Just stop while you can bruh. Last I checked... Elephants, Lions, Leopards, Rhinos and other "WILD ANIMALS" are NOT on the regular menu or diet of people.

So now you would like us to believe that grilling Chicken, Cow, and Pig (all Farm-Raised mind you) is somehow the same???

iamwingman1203.50
      05-24-2017, 06:36 PM   #79
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
check the embed link
ahh. work blocked it gotta wait till I go home.
      05-24-2017, 08:55 PM   #80
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
KenB... Just stop while you can bruh. Last I checked... Elephants, Lions, Leopards, Rhinos and other "WILD ANIMALS" are NOT on the regular menu or diet of people.

So now you would like us to believe that grilling Chicken, Cow, and Pig (all Farm-Raised mind you) is somehow the same???

farm raised is much worse, the meat from legally hunted animals is consumed, generally speaking

if you care to educate yourself on the topic, i'm sure you'll agree that without hunters we would not enjoy the wildlife that we have, nor the habitat for other no hunted animals that is protected because of hunting.

Again i am speaking only of legal hunting, for too many of us meat is something that is cleanly packaged and available in a store, everything on your grill was once an animal. If you like factor farming look into at-gag laws and the conditions under which these farm raised animals live
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 08:15 AM   #81
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BdSM n54iS View Post
Say burglar alarm
"burglar alarm"

See...it sounds exactly as you just read it to yourself.

I'm just a Canuck though, not British so I don't have the accent they do. Though I'm certain my accent would be different than yours...just probably not as funny as you might think.

However...have you ever heard an Australian say the word "deck"? I promise - deck does not come out sounding like deck. It cracks me up every time I hear them on House Hunters International or something like that. Usually when they say something like "I have a small deck".

Alfisti
Appreciate 2
Mr Tonka6058.00
BSM n54iS2684.50
      05-25-2017, 10:03 AM   #82
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
farm raised is much worse, the meat from legally hunted animals is consumed, generally speaking

if you care to educate yourself on the topic, i'm sure you'll agree that without hunters we would not enjoy the wildlife that we have, nor the habitat for other no hunted animals that is protected because of hunting.

Again i am speaking only of legal hunting, for too many of us meat is something that is cleanly packaged and available in a store, everything on your grill was once an animal. If you like factor farming look into at-gag laws and the conditions under which these farm raised animals live
While I understand the point you are making (how can we be upset about the way hunters treat animals when our own food comes from factory farms that treat them just as bad) I would counter that with the age old adage two wrongs don't make a right. And who knows, perhaps getting upset about these type of stories will lead to a broader discussion? The funny thing is that the media seizes on these type killings all the time but when is the last time you saw a story on factory farming? That being said it is still very hard to justify killing an animal that won't be eaten and the fact that anyone gets a thrill from it sickens me. Those farmers aren't rocking a full chub when they do their thing, I promise you. That puts these thrill killers in a different class imo.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13653.00
      05-25-2017, 10:38 AM   #83
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
While I understand the point you are making (how can we be upset about the way hunters treat animals when our own food comes from factory farms that treat them just as bad) I would counter that with the age old adage two wrongs don't make a right. And who knows, perhaps getting upset about these type of stories will lead to a broader discussion? The funny thing is that the media seizes on these type killings all the time but when is the last time you saw a story on factory farming? That being said it is still very hard to justify killing an animal that won't be eaten and the fact that anyone gets a thrill from it sickens me. Those farmers aren't rocking a full chub when they do their thing, I promise you. That puts these thrill killers in a different class imo.
Let me preface this with, I have never gone hunting, I am obviously not opposed to it, and I do have interest in doing it. Part of me wants to know what if feels like to kill my own food, to make sure I'm ok with it.

The conditions in factory farms and a wild animal being killed by a legal hunter are not even comparable.

One is in a cage, being fed hormones, antibiotics, and god knows what else to get it fat enough to kill fast, then it is loaded on to a truck and sent to a slaughter house etc.

The other wanders around the forest watching out for four legged predators and one day they get hit with a bullet or arrow and drops dead.

The reason you don't see stories about factory farming is because, in many places it is ILLEGAL to take pictures inside those places.

So can we agree that as long as the meat is used, and the hunt is legal then there is nothing to argue/be upset about?

I just think that anybody that eats meat, or has a leather interior, leather shoes etc, and opposed legal hunting is simply not informed, or willfully ignorant. It seem that the people with the loudest voices and opinions about wildlife and the outdoors have the least connection and certainly the least interaction with it.

I don't blame anyone for not knowing, I do blame them for spouting uninformed nonsense.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      05-25-2017, 10:43 AM   #84
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

You can try as you may... But there are ZERO comparisons to the OP and eating regular farm raised animals. Hell... If the cows and chickens and pigs were even hunted, it still would NOT compare. If you group Elephants and Lions in the same class as cows, chickens and pigs... There's really no sense debating you.
      05-25-2017, 11:24 AM   #85
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You can try as you may... But there are ZERO comparisons to the OP and eating regular farm raised animals. Hell... If the cows and chickens and pigs were even hunted, it still would NOT compare. If you group Elephants and Lions in the same class as cows, chickens and pigs... There's really no sense debating you.
The conversation has changed a bit since the OP, and we are speaking more generally about hunting/killing animals for food, however, it still applies to any animal that is Legally killed and not wasted.

Steve Rinella uses the term 'charismatic mega fauna' when discussing these issues, for many of us our only interaction with this class of animal (Elephant, Bear, Bison, Elk, etc) is on a screen, in a zoo, or a Disney movie.

The legal hunting of these animals is managed by people with far more interest in protecting the species the you have. Just because you can't imagine eating elephant meat doesn't mean that others don't.

I personally am not a fan of Elephants being hunted, but I understand that population management (including legal hunting) is necessary for the long term survival of the species. I also don't think I could hang out with a guy that had an elephants head mounted in his house.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      05-25-2017, 11:39 AM   #86
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I heard elephant tastes just like chicken!
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      05-25-2017, 03:38 PM   #87
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
Let me preface this with, I have never gone hunting, I am obviously not opposed to it, and I do have interest in doing it. Part of me wants to know what if feels like to kill my own food, to make sure I'm ok with it.

The conditions in factory farms and a wild animal being killed by a legal hunter are not even comparable.

One is in a cage, being fed hormones, antibiotics, and god knows what else to get it fat enough to kill fast, then it is loaded on to a truck and sent to a slaughter house etc.

The other wanders around the forest watching out for four legged predators and one day they get hit with a bullet or arrow and drops dead.

The reason you don't see stories about factory farming is because, in many places it is ILLEGAL to take pictures inside those places.

So can we agree that as long as the meat is used, and the hunt is legal then there is nothing to argue/be upset about?

I just think that anybody that eats meat, or has a leather interior, leather shoes etc, and opposed legal hunting is simply not informed, or willfully ignorant. It seem that the people with the loudest voices and opinions about wildlife and the outdoors have the least connection and certainly the least interaction with it.

I don't blame anyone for not knowing, I do blame them for spouting uninformed nonsense.
I've been an outdoorsman for 35 years. Have caught thousands of fish and killed and eaten most common wild game. 15 years ago or so I quit hunting after killing my first whitetail. Like you I wanted to put "meat on the table" manstyle instead of buying it but let me tell you, killing that animal still remains one of the biggest regrets of my life. It wasn't worth it. Now I throw back 99% of the fish I catch and haven't killed anything (on purpose) bigger than a bug since.

If you want to subsistence hunt, I suggest wild pigs. They're an invasive species and culling them is a necessary evil.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 04:09 PM   #88
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I heard elephant tastes just like chicken!
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0